Thanks for your quick reply.

I have no use for cloud access, video quality is most important to me, especially recognizing number plates. Parking mode, well, would be nice to have, but not a must-have.

Do you have a reseller in Europe or Germany?

As far as I know, the SG's European distributor/ reseller is @niko from hiniko.com
He will take good care of you!

This is what I appreciate about this brand. Quality product that gives me peace of mind. I don't have to worry about the lens going out of focus after a year or two (thanks BlackVue). I also don't have to worry about power issues where the camera power restarts constantly corrupting recorded files (thanks VicoVation, twice).
I also don't have to worry about color turning green and hazy in my video files because, heat?? Again, Thanks BlackVue. Oh and the bugs so many of them so contact support is a good idea right? Good luck with that one.

For my needs, I have SG mated to a PowerMagic Pro that I manually control for "parking mode" If I feel the need to have it on at all times by flipping the switch near the foot rest where I have it mounted.

If I were to request a feature to be implanted, it would be built in wifi or whatever protocol will allow me to view/download clips directly onto my phone without having to remove the SD card. Not the most important thing, more of a convenience factor.

Also, that peace of mind extends to the video quality that I am more likely to be able to make out plate number if I were to need it.

EDIT:
The BV and any other brand can continue to try and cram gimmicky features and stock photos using Ferrari's and Lambo's, but I guess that's what separates those who do a little research and those who are taken by the flashy stock pics.

How long does it take to transfer files to your phone? A 3 minute clip is huge on full quality. I usually dont have enough room on my ohone for something like that, lol. Or does it automatically compress before sending?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

How long does it take to transfer files to your phone? A 3 minute clip is huge on full quality. I usually dont have enough room on my ohone for something like that, lol. Or does it automatically compress before sending?

files are already compressed using some form of video codec. zipping wouldn't help.

it also depends on how long you set the file interval to be. on my a119, a one minute file at 1080p60 is only like 150 megs, so the xfer time wouldn't be too bad. and i usually have a few gigs free on my phone's sd card to be able to record video or take a bunch of photos anyway.

SG products come with a handy OTG card reader so you can transfer the files to your phone much faster than over WiFi. Not sure if this is included with all SG products?
upload_2017-9-11_20-50-6.png

As my new phone is USB-C this won't work without an adapter, so now I keep one of these in the car
upload_2017-9-11_20-52-41.png

Last edited:
SG products come with a handy OTG card reader so you can transfer the files to your phone much faster than over WiFi. Not sure if this is included with all SG products?
View attachment 33181

As my new phone is USB-C this won't work without an adapter, so now I keep one of these in the car
View attachment 33182
got a link for that second one?

this is what i keep on my keychain. it has a cap for the micro-usb side, and a hole for a strap, but i had to steal the strap from one of my old usb drives

https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=11194
111941.jpg

111942.jpg

i like it because the microsd card actually plugs into the bottom part of the large USB-A plug. keeps it as compact as possible, but lets me use it on my desktop pc (which doesn't have a card reader) as well as my phone. to remove the sd card, there's a yellow button on the flipside to push the card back out of the plug.

yes it is, we actually have a USB-C OTG reader we stock as well, had we have known you had needed one we could have shipped it back with your camera

yes it is, we actually have a USB-C OTG reader we stock as well, had we have known you had needed one we could have shipped it back with your camera
Maybe you can include it with my next camera...

Thx for the clarification, I must have missed that comment completely.
that's ok - we can't expect anyone to read all 75 pages of this thread. only reason i've read them all is because i started reading it when it was still only a few pages. and even still i couldn't tell you everything that's inside those 75 pages. :)

I only knew the answer because I already asked Niko this question last week ;)

Our cig adaptor can be converted to hardwire use quite easily, we have some other power supply options we are working on also
I searched this thread for comments about hardwireing options since i dont see that as an option on the preorders. This is a very old comment, lol. Is a hardwire power supply included or do we just modify the cig cord?

I searched this thread for comments about hardwireing options since i dont see that as an option on the preorders. This is a very old comment, lol. Is a hardwire power supply included or do we just modify the cig cord?

There is a specific DC optimized hardwire kit coming but it won’t be ready at launch.

CPMUSBHW and CPUSB01 will work but the plug is straight instead of 90 degree so won’t be as pretty as you might like. New 90 degree options will come out for these 2 as well in the near future.

You can just cut off the included cig port or you can use something like a Vico-Power PLUS of you want something more advanced.

Back