Lucky I bought 5x SG9665GC's & 1x SGZC12RC late last year when the SG9663DC was rumored to be released last Christmas.

I told other people on the forum to buy the 9665GC V2 immediately and to pass onto family members when the StreetGuardian dual cam comes out, but they didn't listen.

I wonder how those people managed pinning their hopes on the DC dual channel dash cam all that time???

I'm not sure if the device was on their website at that time. But now the manufacturer claims it would be delivered on 3rd week of September and I haven't heard of anything. I ended up buying 9665GC :/

I'm not sure if the device was on their website at that time. But now the manufacturer claims it would be delivered on 3rd week of September and I haven't heard of anything. I ended up buying 9665GC :/

we'll revise that info shortly but we don't have an exact date just yet

I am suddenly reminded of an auto repair shop somewhere that had photocopied a definition from the dictionary (complete with phonetic spelling and parts of speech) and blown it up so the letters were about 6" tall, and hung it up behind the front desk.

You get one guess what that word was. :p

Last edited:
Would it be advisable to wait for the hard-wire kit and in the meantime, just use the USB connector the DC comes with?

I wonder how those people managed pinning their hopes on the DC dual channel dash cam all that time???
good things come to those who wait, and this cam is better than good to date. i for one glad jokiin isn't going down the blackvue path and releasing a new cam year after year that is not up to scratch, i'm glad he is researching and waiting for top quality parts and doing it right first time for a good price instead of rushing.

and doing it right first time for a good price instead of rushing.

There could be some discussion on price, but on doing it right there can be no argument :D None better that SG on getting it right before moving any further ;)

Phil

There could be some discussion on price, but on doing it right there can be no argument :D None better that SG on getting it right before moving any further ;)

Phil

it's very flattering that people would perceive that we get things right before release, as much as we would like to it's pretty much impossible

what we do always do though is review and revise, look for how things can be improved and what we need to do to achieve that, every product we've done has had some kind of change applied, most have had quite a lot of changes, generally each production has changes from the previous

There's a difference between "right" and "perfect", and nobody can do perfect ;) You do "right" very well :cool:

Phil

better to use the ones we'll supply as we have special 90 degree connectors to keep the cables neater

The coast is clear when you use SD cards and cables which should be a package to eliminate issues

at least it wont be released with a whole mass of bugs that wont be fixed up until the next model is released like blackspew do.

at least it wont be released with a whole mass of bugs that wont be fixed up until the next model is released

It will be released when its close for the current model and there are always bugs to squash with everyones help

It will be released when its close for the current model and there are always bugs to squash with everyones help

yep undoubtedly we'll get reports of things that will need fixing, there's nothing we're aware of right now but once you start getting them out there used under all sorts of situations something will come up, nature of the beast, there's still features we want to add as well but really need them out first and see what kind of problems are found before we go adding more functionality in, one step at a time

thanks for the (expensive) reminder :p definitely prefer not putting something out rather than getting it out there only to have to recall it
May have been expensive to drop the product, but putting out a substandard one could easily have turned out to be even more expensive in the long run.

May have been expensive to drop the product, but putting out a substandard one could easily have turned out to be even more expensive in the long run.

yeah can cost you dearly if you run with it and it fails, there's always some risk of that, it wasn't just the cost issue as to why we chose to withdraw it from sale though, we determined that it couldn't be fixed based on the existing hardware and needed to have the PCB redesigned which was just going to take too long to be a consideration, can't keep people waiting forever

yeah can cost you dearly if you run with it and it fails, there's always some risk of that, it wasn't just the cost issue as to why we chose to withdraw it from sale though, we determined that it couldn't be fixed based on the existing hardware and needed to have the PCB redesigned which was just going to take too long to be a consideration, can't keep people waiting forever
Whatever the reasons(s), it was the correct decision. (y)

I always really liked the physical design concept for the GuardTrak and it was one of the reasons I was looking forward to it. Will the newer GuardTrak line be using that same housing with different components?

Back