Perhaps eventually a second cam option with IR and focused for in-car recording. Given the SG quality it would sell to most taxi and UBER drivers pretty fast :p Lots of future potential with this cam :cool:

Phil

Given the SG quality it would sell to most taxi and UBER drivers pretty fast :p Lots of future potential with this cam

Only if taken over by an oligopoly like google owned uber

this is the first video (beta version)

1 camera separately (front) = Full HD 1920x1080, 60 fps (20 Mb/s)
2 cameras together (front + back) = 1920x1080 Full HD, 2 x 30 fps (15 Mb/s + 15 Mb/s)

8581782.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks @alexsoll for sharing these sample videos. They look very good.

Last edited:
That's pretty amazing, wow. I imagine this is the only camera in the market that does 1080p30 on both channels with such bitrate?

I assume that picture-in-picture is an on screen display option only?

@traveler of DashCamViewer added some dual channel support already in the past and should be able to add DC compatibility I'd think.

Last edited:
That's pretty amazing, wow. I imagine this is the only camera in the market that does 1080p30 on both channels with such bitrate?

It's all about video quality and stability as the #1 priority when it comes to Street Guardian.

Other than a dirty windscreen causing the excessive flaring, looking pretty good both front and rear.

That's pretty amazing, wow.

it's still a beta, we haven't finished with the IQ adjustments yet

I imagine this is the only camera in the market that does 1080p30 on both channels with such bitrate?

we're not in the market yet as we're still about a month away, I'm sure there will be others that will come along with the same sort of bitrates sooner or later, it's not all about bitrate though

I see lots of dash reflections. Looks like a CPL filter will be necessary.

still hanging out for mine.

I have a hard time believing that is dash cam video because it is amazing...I hope the production unit looks as good!

Back