Now we have pictures, movies, lots of info. We need to know when can we put our hands on this beauty

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk Pro

Now we have pictures, movies, lots of info. We need to know when can we put our hands on this beauty

we still have some things to finalise before we ship, hope to be shipping next month, we had planned for this month but some things we still weren't happy with

if the rear camera was plugged in but not operating the camera will start beeping, there's a startup process that does a check for this

also if you have a look in the photo Alexsoll posted above it might not be immediately obvious but top left quarter of the image is the rear view and to the right of that the OSD shows 1080p30, 1080p30, if the rear cam wasn't operational you'd only see a full front image and it would just show 1080p30 for resolution
and if the cam is unplugged it wont beep, just operate as normal, you need to look at screen to see if rear cam is working or not.

Those cables are going to be rather noticeable in right-hand drive vehicles. In that respect - I prefer the cable outlet position on the GC at the top of the unit.
mines just about invisible. its the camera on the far right. cables are that neat though as I haven't tidied them up.

Attachments

• IMG_9034_.jpg
    IMG_9034_.jpg
    273.1 KB · Views: 58
One more camera or two and those dots are going to tear right off that windscreen :D

Those tiny tethered cameras cant come soon enough for some people. ;)
Though i must admit i do not have the room over my headliner i thought i had, there will be no going directly across the middle of the headliner in my car, will have to route around the edges.
So good thing i dont have such fancy things as curtain airbags in my little car, as those would just complicate along the edge routing of cables.

Those tiny tethered cameras cant come soon enough for some people. ;)
Though i must admit i do not have the room over my headliner i thought i had, there will be no going directly across the middle of the headliner in my car, will have to route around the edges.
So good thing i dont have such fancy things as curtain airbags in my little car, as those would just complicate along the edge routing of cables.
not really, I have plenty of wires running around mine. I have a few more than from when this picture was taken as well.

Attachments

• DSC_0647_.jpg
    DSC_0647_.jpg
    296.4 KB · Views: 39
I think if i did get one of these i would mount the front one as a rear camera as i have now with Mobius on the rear seat headrest post with Joby bent around. Assuming there is a tripod screw mount.Better to have the smallest camera on the front ?

I think if i did get one of these i would mount the front one as a rear camera as i have now with Mobius on the rear seat headrest post with Joby bent around. Assuming there is a tripod screw mount.Better to have the smallest camera on the front ?
The front camera is higher spec than the rear camera. Also it's generally useful to have the screen and controls close to the driver, although not essential.

My preferred end setup would be 2 X DC's, with the "front" cams pointing front and rear, and the rear cams pointing out the sides :)

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

How does the rear camera connect to the front? More wires or wireless?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Free the airwaves ! use wired.
I really whish this fab with everything being wifi and having a computer in it would be curbed, 9 out of 10 things i hear about in regard to IOT just make me shake my head in disbelief.

How does the rear camera connect to the front? More wires or wireless?

just a single usb cable which provides both power and data for the rear cam. wireless is notoriously unreliable inside a car, because cars (trucks/vans/suvs/etc) are very noisy environments, electrically speaking. that's why automakers use wires to connect everything. besides the fact that wireless radios aren't cheap, and use more energy and thus create more heat.

wired remote cams are the norm on multi-channel dashcams, and i don't see it changing any time soon.

I really whish this fab with everything being wifi and having a computer in it would be curbed, 9 out of 10 things i hear about in regard to IOT just make me shake my head in disbelief.
I'm sorry to have asked

I'm sorry to have asked

No silly questions asked in here, only silly not to ask at all.

I just have to add a little extra every time i open my mouth or hit the keybord, some times taking me wayyyyy off topic.

No silly questions asked in here, only silly not to ask at all.

I just have to add a little extra every time i open my mouth or hit the keybord, some times taking me wayyyyy off topic.
Lol you're funny [emoji5]

Back