Transcend U3 cards are MLC including the 128gb version, I believe they're not the only ones doing this now
I don't want to derail this thread further, but if you could send me a link to Transcend's documentation on whatever line offers U3 speeds, MLC NAND, and 128GB+ in a microSD form factor, it would be groundbreaking and would let me update the MLC thread I have in the General section. Their HE page still shows nothing beyond 64GB (and not U3 speeds)... https://www.transcend-info.com/Products/No-727

I don't want to derail this thread further, but if you could send me a link to Transcend's documentation on whatever line offers U3 speeds, MLC NAND, and 128GB+ in a microSD form factor, it would be groundbreaking and would let me update the MLC thread I have in the General section. Their HE page still shows nothing beyond 64GB (and not U3 speeds)... https://www.transcend-info.com/Products/No-727

they only offer HE cards up to 64GB, the U3 cards are using MLC flash in all sizes, no link, the information was direct from Transcend

Now listening to DC mizz Lizzy - Waterline

How is it that I've never heard of this band? Considering how much of a music addict (and musician) I am, it boggles me that I've never heard of these guys. And I listen to a ton of obscure stuff that's far from mainstream (AAL, PTree, Tesseract, Cog, Karnivool, etc., being just few of my all-time favorites). I have NEVER heard of these guys.

Anyway, I see they broke up in the '90s but reunited for a release last year. I'm listening to that CD now, and I'm quite impressed: slick production, great riffage, atypical themes, sweet melodies, tasteful vocal, and well-thought out progressions. On the downside, a little too much 4/4 structures for my tastes, but they make it work very well overall. Not as developed or layered, but what I've heard so far somewhat reminds me of Acroma or Vola (probably the best Danish band I've heard). I'll definitely be checking out their entire catalog.

Who knew ... on a dash cam forum?! Cheers.

Last edited:
I wouldn't trust a phone rep or marketing intern to get the tech specs right. It wouldn't be the first time they screwed up (like the Lexar 633x 128GB MLC rumor started by a well-meaning but misinformed rep). If they managed that, they would be the first in the entire industry, and it would be major news they wouldn't keep to themselves.

There may be some MLC cards out there claiming U3 speeds, but U3 microSD cards in general (much less over 64GB) are no indicator of MLC NAND, and over 64GB are a near certainty not to be, without being accompanied by a press release trumpting their industry-first breakthrough.

It's been said many times:

You can have it right.
You can have it fast.
You can have it cheap.

Pick any two.

me either, that's not who I deal with
Whoever it is, tell them if they've made that kind of breakthrough to stop keeping it a secret. It needs to be all over their website and featured prominently on the spec sheets and packaging.

Anyone want to take apart a $100 microsd card to see whats inside? Lol.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Anyone knows when the hardware kit will be available for SG9663DC? I park on the street and assume that the parking mode feature will be available soon. Otherwise, I might need to get a Vicovaction Power Plus. Thanks

Anyone knows when the hardware kit will be available for SG9663DC? I park on the street and assume that the parking mode feature will be available soon. Otherwise, I might need to get a Vicovaction Power Plus. Thanks

A special future upgrade is being developed further and won't be ready at launch. I'd recommend using the Vico-Power PLUS.

Would you guys recommend the Cellink-B too? I've been thinking of getting one to go along with the DC when it comes out.

I agreed as well. Would you recommend a lower cost battery in lieu of hard wiring please?

I agreed as well. Would you recommend a lower cost battery in lieu of hard wiring please?

hard wiring will have a different power lead which can detect if the car is on off which allows us to change the functions of the camera, won't have that type of control if powered by a battery

@hinko Will you be able to supply Vico-Power PLUS also and the fuse taps? This is the route I want to go when I order from you.

@hinko Will you be able to supply Vico-Power PLUS also and the fuse taps? This is the route I want to go when I order from you.
Yes, I do have Vico Power Plus and all types of fuse tap in stock.

Sent from my LG-H962 using Tapatalk

Any usa shipping etas? (Not to beat a dead horse)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Yesterday it was still the end of this month. I presume we will hear if/when it changes

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Back