In my experience, using liquid wax on the windshield lasts several months. If you have old crusty wiper blades it can leave streaks but then you don't need the wipers as much either. After buffing the wax off the car and glass, I do have to go back with a clean cloth to finish polishing the glass but that's it. Only takes a few seconds.

I do not recommend using wax on any window that can roll down - the weatherstrip will leave lines that look bad. But it's great for the back glass too, esp on vehicles that don't have a rear wiper.
That has been my experience as well. I have also found when using a spray wax detailer that it works great also.

I used to use rain x, but now I just use regular car wax. Works just as well, though it's a little more work to apply... Except if you're already waxing the car, then it's a trivial amount of time.

I just used car wax to polish my windshield and it worked wonders filling in some of the tiny pockmarks I get from driving around on rural dirt roads. Driving around in the rain the visual effect of the droplets running up the windshield looks exactly like when I've applied Rain-X. The thing about using car "wax" on a windshield is that you don't want to use real "wax" like Carnuba. You'll want to use a synthetic polymer type such as Turtle Wax Ice or Nu Finish or whatever.

I just used car wax to polish my windshield and it worked wonders filling in some of the tiny pockmarks I get from driving around on rural dirt roads. Driving around in the rain the visual effect of the droplets running up the windshield looks exactly like when I've applied Rain-X. The thing about using car "wax" on a windshield is that you don't want to use real "wax" like Carnuba. You'll want to use a synthetic polymer type such as Turtle Wax Ice or Nu Finish or whatever.
Ah, interesting. That's probably the mistake I've always made because it never successfully worked out for me polishing the screen. I'll pick up some of that type and give it a go.

Ah, interesting. That's probably the mistake I've always made because it never successfully worked out for me polishing the screen. I'll pick up some of that type and give it a go.

I find that Turtle Wax T-477R Spray provides excellent results (better than the paste version of the same thing). They even mention in their literature that it works well as a water repellent glass treatment

"Can be used on automotive glass to clean and provide water repellency like a glass treatment"

As I am a detailing enthousiast, anything on windshield is better than nothing, liquid wax spray or quick detailer for example. But specialized products from gtech or capro for instance will be far better in durability and final results. Not to mention that they are sub categorized in many cases to urban or highway use where water repelling starts to lower or higher speeds.

Sent from my LG-H960

Will give it a proper run tomorrow, need to fit the CPL on the front though as it's getting a few reflections from my dash.

Just got the shipping confirmation. Thanks SGUSA!
Same here. :)(y):D

Now it's just a matter of what gets here first - the new camera or the new car.

Reactions: M83
USA DHL freight was delivered a whopping 3 days early. I’ve been QA testing / boxing up pre-orders all day. I got about 50% of the pending orders shipped out so far. The remaining will ship out tomorrow.

I’ll be sending out another follow up email about cables options soon. The first wave of USA stock was shipped with a 3 meter rear cable that has a 90 degree connector on BOTH ends.

I you need a longer 6 meter cable I have a few and can ship one if needed. 6M cable is 90 degree on one end and straight though on the other.

The default DC bundle might change in future productions not sure yet but again only the 3M is included for USA first wave stock. 3 meter should be plenty long especially when the cable is tucked along the roof line.

I you need a longer 6 meter cable I have a few and can ship one if needed. 6M cable is 90 degree on one end and straight though on the other...
How would I go about getting a 6M cable. I'm sure the shorter one will not be long enough for my SUV(CUV?).

How would I go about getting a 6M cable. I'm sure the shorter one will not be long enough for my SUV(CUV?).
15ft is pretty long, maybe just try it first. But if you have to go along the floor it wont be enough.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

15ft is pretty long, maybe just try it first. But if you have to go along the floor it wont be enough.

the 3M cable with right angle connectors either end is suitable for through the hood lining installs for most vehicles, if you have to go through a tailgate, through factory grommets etc then the 6m cable with the straight connector on the rear camera end will be more suitable

3M is about 10 feet. Going from the center line of the vehicle to the edge and back to center will take at least 4 feet. The remaining 6 feet will not get from the front to the rear.

For @Street Guardian USA or @jokiin: Is the cable a standard USB? If so is it possible to just use an extension?

3M is about 10 feet. Going from the center line of the vehicle to the edge and back to center will take at least 4 feet. The remaining 6 feet will not get from the front to the rear.

For @Street Guardian USA or @jokiin: Is the cable a standard USB? If so is it possible to just use an extension?
Oops, thats a bad mistake, sorry. :/

we have used these 3m cables for install and found them suitable for a lot of vehicles, if we get feedback that says a bit longer would be better we may revise that later, I used the 3M in my dual cab ute and still had about 1/2m of free cable, in my other car I used the 6m cable as we had to go through a factory grommet, side opening tailgate etc and still plenty of slack in the cable

they are not standard USB cables (10 pin connector) and cannot be extended

we have used these 3m cables for install and found them suitable for a lot of vehicles, if we get feedback that says a bit longer would be better we may revise that later, I used the 3M in my dual cab ute and still had about 1/2m of free cable, in my other car I used the 6m cable as we had to go through a factory grommet, side opening tailgate etc and still plenty of slack in the cable

they are not standard USB cables (10 pin connector) and cannot be extended
Just ordered a new vehicle today - Toyota Highlander (Kluger for you folks down there). It's longer on the interior than my current vehicle and I know that 3M will be to short in it.

Back