Vantrue Nexus 4 Pro 3CH 4K / My introduction to the new model.

Can you still buy a good memory card and not suffer?
Viofo users have questions about memory cards every day. And it’s not at all about Viofo products.

First post, and I’m glad that you all have been productive here with the new Vantrue N4 Pro.

I upgraded from the N4 (non-Pro), but I keep getting a “Slow Card” error. I’m using the same card from my N4 and lowered resolution to 1444 / 1080 / 1080.

Has anyone figured out if there’s a fix for this? Has any new firmware addressed this issue?

Thank you!

Try a different memory card? Some dash cams can be picky about the card it's using.

Does it fit E3? I might have to try that when I get around to installing it maybe this weekend... Too lazy to keep on routing more cables lol
I just tested it. The N4 Pro rear camera works with the E3 cable. @Karagandinez

It's actually really good if these are testing for slow cards and giving a warning - not sure if that is a Vantrue specific thing or new Novatek SDK thing but great it's complaining instead of silently failing.

This one is working ok for me so far (with N4 Pro)
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/B09D3LP52K
Thanks. I'm using a 256 Samsung Endurance Pro that worked fine in N4, but seems to show "Slow Card" pretty often with N4 Pro.

I've tried downscaling the 3 channel video to the lowest resolution and turning off audio, but I still get "Slow Card". The memory card seems to work fine in 3 channel 720p Low Bitrate Parking Mode as well as 2 channel (front and rear only) 1080p and 720p.

It seems odd to me that the Endurance Pro (rated higher than your card) can't perform with N4 Pro when it was fine with N4. I'll give it a shot. Thank you for helping me.

Has anyone compared the low light performance of N4 versus the N4 Pro? Is the Starvis 2 sensor truly better?

It seem in low light with the Viofo brand the 1440P starvis 2 sensor in the A119 mini 2 beat the 4K starvis 2 sensor in the A139 PRO
I would assume this hold true with other brands

My main issue is the white balance changing heading forwards.

In N4 Pro, voice commands are disabled. G-sensor settings are off. Audio recording is disabled.
But while driving, if there is a lively conversation in the car, the DVR itself takes a photo and sometimes protects the video.
Video protection is sometimes done even if only music is playing in the car.

I think that happened once to mine...

Back