Vegas shooting - Taxi Cab View

The notion that criminals will somehow decide to put away their guns because the cops don't carry them anymore is laughably naive.

(2007) Britain is 'worst in the world' for armed robbery says security boss
Ha ha, interview with person who wants to own lots of guns and have his own personal police force :D

countries-with-highest-reported-crime-rates.jpg

Mass murder with guns - ban all guns.
Mass murder with trucks - ban all trucks.
Mass murder with passenger car - ban all passenger cars.
Mass murder with pressure cooker - ban all pressure cookers.
Mass murder with acid tank explosion - ban all acid tanks.
Mass murder with an axe - ban all axes.
Mass murder with a knife - ban all knives.
Mass murder with a rock - ban all rocks.
Now after everything is banned should we deal with the real problem?
While they rhyme, you are forgetting the main difference.
Firearms and explosives are weapons while others can be used as weapons.
Vehicles are necessary in daily life for transportation.
We don't need guns to do our grocery shopping but we need vehicles.
Yes one can kill with a hammer but it's very hard to kill more than few people at a time.
To kill with knife, hammer or bare hands, killer has to get close risking fight back from the victim, not as easy as shooting from 1000 feet away from 32nd floor.
That ban rant comes as a joke every time something happens.

Last edited:
Friday a 15 year old was hit by a shot fired, i wish the politicians had some balls to fix the problem, and its pretty easy, drugs = death,,,,,, there fixed it.
At least this time they already arrested a 27YO guy for the shooting.

O and just if you thought the poisoning of animals was over here you are wrong, a dead sea eagle was found today poisoned by the pesticide carbofuran
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbofuran

8aad4049-d2d0-42e8-858e-1329969566cd.jpg

As you probably have deducted from my presence here on this forum words are not something i lack, but in this case i find it very hard to find usable ones.

While they rhyme, you are forgetting the main difference.
We don't need guns to do our grocery shopping.
That is not necessarily true. Many hunt to bring home meat for the family. Trying to bring home deer meat for the family means you have to get the deer somehow. Using a forearm is the usual way to convince a deer to get into your freezer.

Many have stayed off food stamps by hunting and bringing meat home that way.
maybe it is the difference between city and country thinking.

There is no point blaming the police for not protecting you when you choose to make it impossible for them to do so.
I blame the U.S. Supreme Court for the police not being responsible to protect us. This has NOTHING to do with who carries arms and who does not. It is all about courts granting immunity in violation of the constitutions requirement to provide a remedy for every wrong without listed exceptions such as police, courts, and all other governmental exceptions the court has declared exist.

the numbers being shown suggest there's about 230 million firearms in the USA owned by the general public, of those they say that 50% of them are owned by just 3% of the population, of those I'd take a wild guess that these aren't people hunting deer to feed the family, your problem gun owners are elsewhere in the community I would think

We have the means to change our Government in it's every facet without bloodshed- that principle was foremost in the minds of the designers of our Constitution.

It is our own fault that we have not wielded that power very well
:(

Phil
This is very true. The sad fact is most people might pay lip service to ideas but will not go out of their way 1 mile to try to change things they think should be changed.

No one is completely innocent when it comes to government excesses. We have all let things slide to far for to long. What we need now is people with a spine who will stand up and try to make positive changes. I just hope there are enough who care and will stand up to allow us to have a peaceful revolution in accordance with the constitutions both state and federal.

This is why we have a need for guns in USA. Mobs of youths are doing flash robberies on a weekly basis and are evening holding up trains. Wild west all over again.

Back in the good old days they hanged pirates and train robbers were wanted dead or alive, problem was solved fast and permanently.

In the lev of this i had to look into those bump stocks,,, and Jesus :rolleyes: what a waste of ammo.

Im okay with it as long as the right ones get shot, no need to get too emotional about human life with 7.5 billion people on this planet.

Teen punks roaming the streets and robbing people are also not unknown here, and smaller stores get robbed much more often now as banks and gas stations dont have cash.
Also gas theft are pretty normal, where i refuel they say they have at least one such theft every day, so on many gas stations you have to pay first and then go pump the gas.

I hate it how a few people ruin it for the rest of us, and hate even more the right people done do anything about it,,,, making me a pretty hate filled person.

...on many gas stations you have to pay first and then go pump the gas....
Pretty normal here (at least in metropolitan areas). Either pay first then pump the gas or use a credit card at the pump.

Also gas theft are pretty normal, where i refuel they say they have at least one such theft every day, so on many gas stations you have to pay first and then go pump the gas.
Never seen that here, however it is normal that the pump wont switch on until it has automatically read your car number plate and done a credit check, then stored the plate so that if you don't pay it can alert the ANPR camera network to track your progress, the police don't need to do much paperwork for that arrest and conviction so you can't expect to get very far and you certainly can't do it a second time without getting some different plates since next time you will fail the credit check whatever gas station you go to, and the police will automatically get called as soon as you arrive!

Last edited:
Never seen that here, however it is normal that the pump wont switch on until it has automatically read your car number plate and done a credit check, then stored the plate so that if you don't pay it can alert the ANPR camera network to track your progress, the police don't need to do much paperwork for that arrest and conviction so you can't expect to get very far and you certainly can't do it a second time without getting some different plates since next time you will fail the credit check whatever gas station you go to, and the police will automatically get called as soon as you arrive!

Never seen THAT here! Scan your plate number to buy gas? Once again another strong example of the UK total surveillance state.

Here in the US you usually pay first, then pump the gas or use a credit card at the pump as has been mentioned. But happily, at least where I live once you become known to the workers at the station they'll activate the pump after a smile and a wave and you can go pay when you're done, just like the old days.

Last edited:
But happily, at least where I live once you become known to the workers at the station they'll activate the pump after a smile and a wave and you can go pay when your done, just like the old days.
Better to be scanned by the cameras than scanned by the workers, the cameras don't gossip and spread untrue rumours! Plus you are known and welcome everywhere, not just at your local gas station. The cameras are also far more effective since they share the "credit data" between all gas stations which reduces theft and keeps prices lower for all of us. Most people don't know the system is there since if you behave it has no impact other than to keep prices low and occasionally there is a slight delay in the pump turning on if the internet/server is running slow.

My gas station still have the old setup, and i like that.

I do get embarrassed / angry about the station not being able to have a regular cash-register but rather have a slit they slide bills into and another machine you can put coins in.
But its not the fault of the gas station, its the fault of all of us voting for liberal pushovers with no balls to deal with any problem.
And i do get mad when i get reminded that i too are a looser and have been wasting my democratic rights pretty much all the time i been old enough to vote, cuz with me too the truth are not always nice, but i still prefer it that way over delusions of grandeur and unwarranted smugness.

Better to be scanned by the cameras than scanned by the workers, the cameras don't gossip and spread untrue rumours! Plus you are known and welcome everywhere, not just at your local gas station. The cameras are also far more effective since they share the "credit data" between all gas stations which reduces theft and keeps prices lower for all of us. Most people don't know the system is there since if you behave it has no impact other than to keep prices low and occasionally there is a slight delay in the pump turning on if the internet/server is running slow.

Rumors? Gossip? What on earth are you so paranoid about stopping to purchase gasoline? I feel pity for the Brits who have been lulled into a false sense of security in order to entice them to live under a Big Brother ubiquitous surveillance Nanny State.

And BTW, hate to inform you old boy, but the cameras won't ever squelch gossip and rumors.

Last edited:
Back