VIOFO А119V3 FIRMWARE

I used samsung memory card. I tried many methods. all failed. I contacted viofo support.
Did you try formatting any of the cards with SDFormatter? Full overwrite, not the quick format?

Did you try formatting any of the cards with SDFormatter? Full overwrite, not the quick format?
yes i tried. When the memory card is full, it starts giving an error. When I format the card and try again, it only records for 16 seconds and then gives an error.

@musti2 : Tu intelegi ce scriu eu ? Daca nu, cum te astepti ca noi sa intelegem ce-ai scris tu ? De ce nu faci si tu ca toata lumea, adica sa scrii in limba engleza ?
Sorry, I'm using a converter. I must have copied the wrong text.

Topluluk Tarafından Doğrulandı simgesi

My memory cards are original. I checked, thanks
How are you powering the camera? Are you using the included 12V car adapter and Viofo power cable?
Have you tried updating the firmware? After updating, be sure to go into the cameras and manually default the cameras settings, then press and hold the hard reset button on the side of the camera for about 5 seconds.
After formatting with SDFormatter, are you then formatting the card in the camera?

Spot on advice from CYA, as usual.

1) Test the SDCard using something like h2testw
2) Full format to FAT32
3) Format again in dashcam
4) If you have a mobile phone charger mains wall adapter, or powerbank, plug the Dashcam into that using a short good quality lead and see if it powers up and stays recording.

3) Format again in dashcam
Why format a memory card in the DVR itself?:unsure:
I use A119V3 and T130. Memory cards in DVRs have never been formatted, guiformat2 is enough.
Never had a problem with memory cards.

It's just what the manufacturers recommend.

Why format a memory card in the DVR itself?:unsure:
I use A119V3 and T130. Memory cards in DVRs have never been formatted, guiformat2 is enough.
Never had a problem with memory cards.
For most, just using guiformat is enough. However, there are always outliers. Formatting last in the camera will always ensure it's formatted to the cameras liking. Most users don't manually default the cameras settings and press the hard reset button after a firmware update and don't seem to have any issues. Then there are the outliers who run into all sorts of issues and manually defaulting the camera and pressing the hard reset fixes things. Not sure why it's an issue for some, but it is. Since memory card issues seem to be crux of the majority of issues, it's important to try formatting a multiple of ways as one way doesn't always work for everyone.

Kameraya nasıl güç veriyorsun? Birlikte verilen 12V araç adaptörünü ve Viofo güç kablosunu mu kullanıyorsunuz?
Firmware güncellemeyi denediniz mi? Güncellemeden sonra, kameralara girdiğinizden ve kamera ayarlarını manuel olarak varsayılan yaptığınızdan emin olun, ardından kameranın yanındaki donanımdan sıfırlama düğmesini yaklaşık 5 saniye basılı tutun.
SDFormatter ile formatladıktan sonra, kartı kamerada mı formatlıyorsunuz?

How are you powering the camera? Are you using the included 12V car adapter and Viofo power cable?
Have you tried updating the firmware? After updating, be sure to go into the cameras and manually default the cameras settings, then press and hold the hard reset button on the side of the camera for about 5 seconds.
After formatting with SDFormatter, are you then formatting the card in the camera?
Connected to car insurance with VIOFO HK3 Acc Hardwire Kit. While making the settings, I power it from my computer with the viofo original cable. I am updating software. I did a reset. I set it to default settings. I reset the camera. After doing all these, the problem is solved. but when the memory card is full it gives an error and does not record. I'm doing it on and off. I am formatting. It records for 17 seconds and gives an error. viofo communication suggested me to get a viofo memory card. but the samsung evo plus memory card that I use on its own pages is also recommended.

Connected to car insurance with VIOFO HK3 Acc Hardwire Kit. While making the settings, I power it from my computer with the viofo original cable. I am updating software. I did a reset. I set it to default settings. I reset the camera. After doing all these, the problem is solved. but when the memory card is full it gives an error and does not record. I'm doing it on and off. I am formatting. It records for 17 seconds and gives an error. viofo communication suggested me to get a viofo memory card. but the samsung evo plus memory card that I use on its own pages is also recommended.
What colour is your Samsung memory card? If it has a red face then I expect it should work - (Unless its fake)
If the face is white on the Samsung memory card then it may be incompatible with Viofo dashcams.

@viofo mentioned this in another forum and said they are working on it.
eoOast0m.jpg

Im using the orangish Samsung 128GB evo card above with no issues yet

*knock on wood*

Could maybe be a dodgy/faulty SD card?

I’d try doing a full test on the card, at this point you really have nothing to lose except a few wasted hours.

Also what firmware version do you run?

All my problems with viofo were caused by the new samsung Evo Plus 128gb card, bought from the official distributor. The card has gone trash and the current kioxia is working perfectly.

Very odd, mine has been in service, error free, for over 3 years.

What colour is your Samsung memory card? If it has a red face then I expect it should work - (Unless its fake)
If the face is white on the Samsung memory card then it may be incompatible with Viofo dashcams.

@viofo mentioned this in another forum and said they are working on it.
eoOast0m.jpg
This is the memory card I am using.

Attachments

• 51I4Ky-XIkL._AC_SL1000_.jpg
    51I4Ky-XIkL._AC_SL1000_.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 2
Could maybe be a dodgy/faulty SD card?

I’d try doing a full test on the card, at this point you really have nothing to lose except a few wasted hours.

Also what firmware version do you run?
Version: I am using firmware V2.5_20210715. I have two memory cards. samsung evo plus 128gb. Both are original and not faulty.

Version: I am using firmware V2.5_20210715. I have two memory cards. samsung evo plus 128gb. Both are original and not faulty.

So I assume that you run a test on the cards to confirm that both are OK?

As others have reported issues when using this particular card the only other option is to try another card? Maybe even a smaller capacity card to see if the behaviour changes.

I've been rotating 2 Kingston Canvas Go! 32GB 90MB/s microSDHC Memory Cards Class 10 UHS-I U3 with FAT 32 for 4 1/2 years and no problems.
They've always been compatible with VIOFO firmware updates, etc.
I'll be installing it in my new A119 V3 this coming week probably by Wednesday..
UPDATE; Installed Firmware 2.5 with former sdcards went as smooth as silk.

Last edited:
Back