Viofo A119 Car DVR factory sample tests

Sorry, I did not understand this part, I am not so good at english.

enjoy,
Mtz
From accounting, when you "write off" something previously thought to be valuable, you declare that it now has zero value, it is no longer important.

Sorry @Mtz what @Nigel says - basically when paired with a better mount, lens and firmware it could perform better and become a favourite CMOS for you :) The Aptina AR0330 is a very good day performer and you would expect the new one to be similar there.

Hmmm , Looks like the Shadow just pips the A119 , not sure its sharper but the Shadow has more natural colors ( warmer if you will )
And yeah ! XiaoYi Flops hard for daytime video ... ( Yikes )
To my eyes the A119 takes 2nd place once again ...
So overall , night time and day time video for this sample lot the A119 is near the top ... ( very consistent )

Looking forward to more video being posted .

Don't forget to look also at the night comparison.

I can not say that at least in this picture:
1_.jpg
any of the top cameras are better compared to the bottom cameras:

@reverend well... when you see for the first time something which is praised to be a good device with its 3um pixel but first implementation under the famous XiaoMi name (in reality is XiaoYi) is not so great as expected, then you discover that the 1296p is interpolated from 1080p so max. performance is just 1080p 30fps when market is expecting 60fps and/or higher resolution, I can't like such sensor right now. Waiting for better implementation.

The AR0330 is good just for day. I have my comparisons with Mini 0805, 0806, A119 which are with OV4689 and all these cameras are better in low light than A118. But A118 is a cheaper dashcam so my expectations are just for day performance which is very good for the money spent on it.

enjoy,
Mtz

Last edited:
I might see it at a different point if we are looking at night videos. From watching the recent video, I think the Yi camera is slightly sharper, if you pause the video at 18 seconds, you can see the word petrom and the headlights of the passing car is less of a blur
and again at 27 seconds, the arrow on the sign is much more sharper and at 1:39, I can only read the number plate from the yi camera.

Hmmm , Looks like the Shadow just pips the A119 , not sure its sharper but the Shadow has more natural colors ( warmer if you will )
And yeah ! XiaoYi Flops hard for daytime video ... ( Yikes )
To my eyes the A119 takes 2nd place once again ...
So overall , night time and day time video for this sample lot the A119 is near the top ... ( very consistent )

Looking forward to more video being posted .

Yes, in some situations one camera can be better than the others from comparison. This is why a comparison based on snapshots is not correct but only after watching some videos which are including many situations and finally the user can buy the camera which is offering the best situations he is expecting.

enjoy,
Mtz

33wac0w.jpg

Just waiting on the mount ... Then some testing ...
Only thing to report ATM , looks like current draw is around 350mAh recording ....

a2rak1.jpg

Pictured is the A119 with my spare A118 Mount .. ( OK , sticker says B40 )
So push come to shove , just trim the A118 mount a little and it should work ...

Reactions: Mtz
Trim the sides? I don't have any extra A118 mount to spare... but was interested in figuring out how to it might fit. Been wanting to test out the cam, but haven't figured out how to mount it lol

Yes, in some situations one camera can be better than the others from comparison. This is why a comparison based on snapshots is not correct but only after watching some videos which are including many situations and finally the user can buy the camera which is offering the best situations he is expecting.

enjoy,
Mtz

screenshots are a way to highlight what you want someone to see, raw video is the best way to make your own determination

33wac0w.jpg

Just waiting on the mount ... Then some testing ...
Only thing to report ATM , looks like current draw is around 350mAh recording ....
Thanx alot for the information.
Can you explain how did you chek the current?
Do you know how much current a118c drowning?

Lets see .... USB DOCTOR for current
I will check the other cams for the review ..( Current draw )
Yes , trim the sides ( B40 / A118 mount ) ...
And no it is not a direct replacement ( B40/A118 mount ) for the A119 ...
The B40 mount is a tight interference fit , which some people might actually want .. Just be warned , if you use the B40 mount , the A119 mount might be a slop fit afterwards ... ( True that )
I have just been for a drive ( went shopping ) , and will edit some video ... Its a dark wet old Melbourne day ...

Just editing video , A118 and A119 , and the video join on the A119 is seamless !
Just thought Id mention that in case I forget ...
The A118 has a large seam , and needs careful editing to correct for video ..

I suspect the difference between the 118 and 119 will be like night and day

yes, pun intended:D

Waiting for the mount to arrive and to get home from work next week so I can do some comparison as well.

I will post this one here ...
But the rest will be posted separately when I post a review ...

The color difference is quite amazing.....the SUV at 2:15 on the left is 2 completely different colors. The difference in the green of the grass, the black of the road and the sky as well. The 118 shows the sky as very grey where the 119 shows some blue. Which one is more correct to what you actually had?

Back