Viofo A119 Car DVR factory sample tests

The A118c is much closer to what it actually was ...
I was a little surprised the A119 was so blue ... ( Factory Settings )

Was the A118C on factory settings as well? Maybe this is the trade off required to get decent night quality.....that is where my 118C really falls down.

A118c , geez ... Pretty much fact settings , though I cant remember , NTSC or PAL ... ( I know one is much better than the other )

I will post this one here ...
But the rest will be posted separately when I post a review ...
To my eyes, the 118 looks sharper when viewing split screen. I can make out number plates more clearly with 118.

A118c , geez ... Pretty much fact settings , though I cant remember , NTSC or PAL ... ( I know one is much better than the other )

Will be good to see a comparison with identical settings, because at this point it does seem that the 119 is a step down from the 118C.

Or maybe his A119 has a problem since @Mtz videos are looking ok

Really to early to say one way or the other ...
Still many things to compare in the A119 .. ( Tweaking )
So far I have this cam for all of 12 hours ...

I agree, it could just be some EV settings to improve it.....as I say I think the real test is at night. My A118C is pretty much useless at night.

Don't forget to look also at the night comparison.

I can not say that at least in this picture:
View attachment 22058
any of the top cameras are better compared to the bottom cameras:

enjoy,
Mtz

I'm guessing bottom left is A119? So the top two are better, and the 118 is better??
Maybe I'll go buy a 118 after all?
I'd like to see a good factory OR best settings comparison of 118 vs. 119 and then 119 vs. the best of the rest.

If the 119 turns out to have the night quality that MTZ has shown so far then the sales of the 118c will die. I would accept a bit of color/contrast loss in day with the 119 to get decent night video.

I have a Shadow 1s arriving any day now, so by the time I get home I should have them both available for a comparison.

Night ( Still those factory settings )

Its going to take a while to @ Compare settings and the effects they have ...
+ Compare to other cams ...
And I have a few cams to compare to ... So that's going to be a lot of video ..

So dont jump the gun so to speak ..

Well even with factory settings, still a huge improvement of the 118C

Or maybe his A119 has a problem since @Mtz videos are looking ok
Also my A119 sample is a little blue, you can see this in my previous 4 cameras comparisons from here. I reported this but at the time when actual firmware was released in China was bad weather so not enough good time for fine tuning by Viofo developers.
I am sure they will fix this because is a minor thing. Right now more important for me was to see if lens if losing focus because of heat and until now is OK, because the XiaoYi is losing focus after about one hour during day. I let the car parked many hours with dashcam on under direct sun and no focus problems until now.

enjoy,
Mtz

Anyone try continuously running the A119 for more than 4 or 5 hours and see if there's any heat issues?

I've got a XiaoYi on the way and it will do the same here - Im still intrigued to see it though.

I think it's probably important to remember that these are factory samples and so like @Mtz says there is more tuning potentially to be done so don't be too worried if you see some issues with these first wave - that's what they're being sent out for to find things like that.

Also my A119 sample is a little blue, you can see this in my previous 4 cameras comparisons from here. I reported this but at the time when actual firmware was released in China was bad weather so not enough good time for fine tuning by Viofo developers.
I am sure they will fix this because is a minor thing. Right now more important for me was to see if lens if losing focus because of heat and until now is OK, because the XiaoYi is losing focus after about one hour during day. I let the car parked many hours with dashcam on under direct sun and no focus problems until now.

enjoy,
Mtz
Why viofo dosent make metal lens mount?
you can suggest it to the devolopers.

Last edited:
It would increase the cost a few dollars and people often think about features and price when buying, not so much build quality.

Back