Viofo A119s changes

I think Viofo can do at least switching to 1FPS when camera is in Motion Detect mode and is not detecting motion.

I think this is solved in next firmware.

enjoy,
Mtz
Thank you Mtz for reply

Regarding the parking mode via motion detection or time-lapse, we have talked this before, we will improve it in next 2nd or 3rd version.

Regarding the parking mode via motion detection or time-lapse, we have talked this before, we will improve it in next 2nd or 3rd version.

I have some idea on how to improve this on 9666x platform that I will be discussing with our engineer, I'm sure it can be improved

@jokiin and @viofo : this is great! I hope you will solve it and work together on this subject to the benefit of you both and the benefit of your clients.

@jokiin and @viofo : this is great! I hope you will solve it and work together on this subject to the benefit of you both and the benefit of your clients.
We share some of our stuff with @viofo already, they are the only local China manufacturers that we share anything with though

We share some of our stuff with @viofo already, they are the only local China manufacturers that we share anything with though

Somehow I got that impression that you two are working together by the way you answer A119's queries and was meaning to ask you. This is good.

We don't work together directly as such but I'm working on similar platforms and have shared some fixes with them where there's some overlap between the products, even we do different chipset etc some of our fixes are possible to add to their hardware version, we're sharing our CPL tooling with them to help lower the cost, that kind of thing

I thought that the G sensor was not programed into it yet and will be in the next firmware update. And I heard this from a reliable source.
G sensor has always been there, it's just not very sensitive. I would have to double check if I did install fw1.1 or if it's still on one of the beta firmwares... But as Prof Farnsworth says, "I am already in my pajamas..." :D

I'm looking for one more dashcam (other car), so I'm asking @viofo when I will be able to buy A119S? (precisely)

G sensor has always been there, it's just not very sensitive. I would have to double check if I did install fw1.1 or if it's still on one of the beta firmwares... But as Prof Farnsworth says, "I am already in my pajamas..." :D
HUH lol.... Gibson, @viofo himself awhile back says the G sensor will only be installed on the next A119 update. Even if u tap it hard with a pen it wont kick in. Maybe its installed somewhere in there but definitely NOT activating.

@viofo can you verify something please. Regarding the A119, is the G sensor Installed and working or is it not installed and not working. Will it be in the next firmware update?

The G-sensor does work, it just takes a good impact for it to activate though. Viofo is going to adjust it's sensitivity in the future firmware update.

The G-sensor does work, it just takes a good impact for it to activate though. Viofo is going to adjust it's sensitivity in the future firmware update.
Ohhh ok now I understand, Thanks

Ohhh ok now I understand, Thanks
Yes, that's what I was saying. The g sensor chip is inside the camera, but the sensitivity is not very good. Or maybe it's just right because it only triggers with a very hard hit like you'd get in an actual crash, and not just bumps in the road or slamming a door. In my case, the camera was actually attached to a large heavy door (not the windshield or other non-moving part of the car) and when I closed that door while the camera was recording, it triggered the g sensor and locked the file.

This is why the door is so heavy:
b4rear.jpg

The door opens sideways and has a full size spare hanging on it. The glass doesn't open separately so I have the camera attached to the trim above the back window, on the top of the door frame.

Will the new A119S come with WIFI feature? If not, could you put it to the wish list? :)

No. If it does not have the Wi-Fi chipset on PCB it cannot be added later.
A future version of Viofo dashcam will have Wi-Fi for sure.

enjoy,
Mtz

Is it possible to see any test recording from a119s.

We can confirm the mass production can be started on Oct.
Recently we are checking another lens, will have result soon.
It's last week of Oct, can u give more info about releasing A119S?

It's last week of Oct, can u give more info about releasing A119S?
About 2 weeks.
Compared before, it took more time to prepare PCB than before, this is same for most of electronic products, also there is big shortage for LCD screen.

Back