Viofo A119s changes

About 2 weeks.
Compared before, it took more time to prepare PCB than before, this is same for most of electronic products, also there is big shortage for LCD screen.

We're closing in on 2wk...is this still on track?

What about test videos?

I'm about to put an order on the A119 as my father's birthday is coming up on December 4, and would like to get the A119S. Any closer to a release date Viofo?

My guess: You won't see A119S before January.

Better to have a late good finished product, than you sitting with a feeling that you got early Alfa/Beta product.
Just my opinion.

Come on guys lets not jump to conclusions. An updated release date is all that was asked - not a demand they release the product ASAP.

Better to have a late good finished product, than you sitting with a feeling that you got early Alfa/Beta product.
Just my opinion.

Yep, I admit
But we are asking for realistic due date. Not for package in our postal box. That's the difference.

It's always dangerous to post a specific release date in public when it comes to developing a new product with many changing variables.

It's always dangerous to post a specific release date in public when it comes to developing a new product with many changing variables.

component shortages are the biggest stumbling block at the moment, we have the same issue on some of our models

Which is all good, but any dialogue, even ones telling us there's a delay, is better than no info at all.

Viofo replied, saying '2 weeks'. Guess what? 2 weeks has come.

Which is all good, but any dialogue, even ones telling us there's a delay, is better than no info at all.

I feeling there is a negative tone in your voice and it will get worse if Viofo fail the date again.
Whoever there produce a camera like to get it on the marked and get $$$ as fast as possible.
If a produce keep run into problem and delay all the time and keep coming up with all kind of excuse, I think "WTF do know about planning".
So I can support and understand follow:
Jokiin say there is a shortages of parts and who knows how many SCREAMING for these parts.

@F0x135 I could also use to see it finished yesterday, however I don't want to have a half finish dashcam, there only recording my Danish swearing to save my kids ears and Viofo logo with 10 needle in it.
@viofo Make it GREAT, make it right at first time.

Component shortage will probably delay production a couple more weeks.

parts are being held to ransom at the moment, we just paid more than double the previous price for 2" screens on one model which is going to impact the costing

Last edited:
I feeling there is a negative tone in your voice and it will get worse if Viofo fail the date again.

I can't control what you feel mate, but there's no malice in my posts at all. In fact my post in this thread explicitly stated 'i'm about to purchase the A119 for my father's birthday'. I'll add that this will be my second purchase of the camera. That's considered negative?

There's nowhere on this board myself, or anyone, has demanded a release, jumped up and down kicking and screaming.

Again I don't know where you got negative connotations from, but that's all you mate.

Edit: I'm done with this side-topic of the thread. I will not reply to it again.

Jokiin and SGU, that's the type of info that's important. Thank you. See a simple update like that is all it takes and goes a long way than complete silence!

About 10 days, waiting for new lens now.

Edit: I'm done with this side-topic of the thread. I will not reply to it again.
Agree to that.
No hard felling, I understand your frustration.
About screaming I tried to say many producer need these parts, not any in the DCT do screaming, sorry if it could be misunderstood.

About 10 days, waiting for new lens now.

Thanks for the update guys! Now I'll go ahead and order the original one then, as 10 days, if locked, might be too late by early December delivery.

Thanks again!

Agree to that.
No hard felling, I understand your frustration.
About screaming I tried to say many producer need these parts, not any in the DCT do screaming, sorry if it could be misunderstood.

All good mate. We're all dashcam friends here :)

Back