Viofo A129

Someone know that type of GPS chipset used for A129? Supported GNSS (GPS, Glonass, Beidou, Gallileo ...), update frequency? I`m not very satisfied with Gitup G3 Duo as dashcam (but it`s really nice as actioncam) and looking for A129 samples.

@TonyM Do you have any plans of trying a Starlight lens like the 4 focal length on the A129 ?
I am still helping Viofo to test the A129 with its original lens. Maybe after it is released I will try a different lens with it. There's no live video out to PC, so lens focusing is rather difficult.

I am still helping Viofo to test the A129 with its original lens. Maybe after it is released I will try a different lens with it. There's no live video out to PC, so lens focusing is rather difficult.
Very surprised they left out a live TV feed, didn't know that, thanks.

There is an AV out port on all the A119 series cameras, but I understand that it's not straightforward to connect this to a TV or PC.

Any update on when the A129 will come out?

There is an AV out port on all the A119 series cameras, but I understand that it's not straightforward to connect this to a TV or PC.
It is very strange. Even on products costing less than $20 there are AV-out and HDMI.
DVR price $16.jpg

There's no room to add those, cheap dashcams have HDMI output as it's the cheapest way to manufacture and be able to adjust lens focus during assembly, it better suits the way the public models are sold to assembly factories

Presuming the A129 AV output is wired like the A119, the cable needed is a 4 pin 3.5 mm plug to 3 RCA plugs to connect to the video input RCA jacks on a TV. The Apple iBook AV cable pictured below is wired correctly but the backshell had to be modified to fit the depression around the A119 AV output jack. The video out is analog Standard Definition and the image is the same as that on the camera LCD display except for size, including the status overlay. See also this post and thread: https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/video-cable.21275/#post-298099.
IMG_1953.JPG IMG_1972.JPG

There is a live TV feed, as long as your TV supports RTSP over Wi-Fi and not that ancient analogue video through cables from last century!

This cable works

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00LM2Y2XG
430a170fb9fe19dbe35ae75a206601bf.jpg

Presuming the A129 AV output is wired like the A119, the cable needed is a 4 pin 3.5 mm plug to 3 RCA plugs to connect to the video input RCA jacks on a TV. The Apple iBook AV cable pictured below is wired correctly but the backshell had to be modified to fit the depression around the A119 AV output jack. The video out is analog Standard Definition and the image is the same as that on the camera LCD display except for size, including the status overlay. See also this post and thread: https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/video-cable.21275/#post-298099.
View attachment 38547 View attachment 38551
Thanks. That's the thread I remember reading when I looked into AV-out on my A119 and A129 cameras.

There is a live TV feed, as long as your TV supports RTSP over Wi-Fi and not that ancient analogue video through cables from last century!
Here it is as it happens, somehow nobody thought about Wi-Fi or everyone forgot. :rolleyes::D Thanks!(y)

Definitely a nice price for the A129!

Back