Panorama X2 firmware 1.02.03 (Rear Parking mode camera recording enhanced / Stability Improved)

i tried to format in my comp the SD card that was in the rear slot with no success. i tried 3 different programs and still nothing, all the data is on the card.
it is transcend 64gb 300x. i see now that the data on the card is from couple of days ago. there is no footage from yesterday. im getting new cards, and see how it goes

That sounds like two of those Transcend cards with that same problem in the last two days - the same thing happened with Sandisk cards in the past - if it won't format in your PC then sounds like it's had a memory issue and flipped to read only mode the same as @Mark Bixby is seeing.

Yes, I think you're in the same situation that I am -- your front card faulted into irreversible read-only mode. Both cards having the same volume label (HD2_F) was one of my symptoms. I suspect that after this problem started for me and I had examined both cards from my PC, I had decided to format both cards in the X2 and so I didn't care which card went into which slot, and what likely happened is that my read-only front card went into the rear slot and my good rear card when into the front slot. So after X2 format, the good card in the front slot got labeled HD2_F and the bad card in the rear slot stayed HD2_F because it was read-only.

Yes, I think you're in the same situation that I am -- your front card faulted into irreversible read-only mode. Both cards having the same volume label (HD2_F) was one of my symptoms. I suspect that after this problem started for me and I had examined both cards from my PC, I had decided to format both cards in the X2 and so I didn't care which card went into which slot, and what likely happened is that my read-only front card went into the rear slot and my good rear card when into the front slot. So after X2 format, the good card in the front slot got labeled HD2_F and the bad card in the rear slot stayed HD2_F because it was read-only.
Same happened with mine. Luckily i was able to return the faulty one and ordered new one, this time Kingston. Ill get it tomorrow. Hope to be better.

Hmmm. Just went to check some footage. Front cam was all OK, but rear cam hasn't recorded anything in 4 days! I've formatted the cards and left it running for a minute and its recording fine now.....

I'm talking to SungMoon Jang about this now thanks for the update.

[4:35:12 PM] Jon: X2 customer in the forums just said:

"Hmmm. Just went to check some footage. Front cam was all OK, but rear cam hasn't recorded anything in 4 days! I've formatted the cards and left it running for a minute and its recording fine now....."

[4:35:22 PM] Jon: So missing rear video is still a problem in parking mode

[4:35:42 PM] S.M Jang: Check the setting

[4:36:04 PM] S.M Jang: Rear camera can be off at parking mode

[4:36:08 PM] Jon: After he formats cards, without changing any settings, works again

[4:36:32 PM] Jon: formating cards fixes rear video missing in next tests, but fails again after it's left to fill up a long time

Hmmm. Just went to check some footage. Front cam was all OK, but rear cam hasn't recorded anything in 4 days! I've formatted the cards and left it running for a minute and its recording fine now.....
It looks like you have the same situation like me and Mark Bixby

Live chat from Korea:

[4:37:49 PM] S.M Jang: Before, I know rear was not fixed

[4:37:59 PM] Jon: Ah ok

[4:38:00 PM] S.M Jang: So I did upgrade for it

[4:38:08 PM] Jon: new firmware testing now?

[4:38:22 PM] S.M Jang: I already release

[4:38:35 PM] S.M Jang: Do not remember?

[4:38:36 PM] Jon: he is on 1.02.03 is that the latest?

[4:38:49 PM] Jon: yes still not working, a few people commented in the forums

[4:38:54 PM] Jon: even on 1.02.03

[4:39:43 PM] S.M Jang: I see

[4:39:56 PM] S.M Jang: I will check

[4:40:14 PM] Jon: Another customer just commented on the missing rear video post in the forum:

"It looks like you have the same situation like me and Mark Bixby"

Thnx for the update Jon. When I say no rear video for 4 days I mean normal, event and parking. Nada. Zilch

My rear video recording is working fine with 1.02.03 FW. I don't know about you all, but i am using 32gb transcend cards which were formatted just after upgrade. I hope you can solve this issue.

hmmmm, i have couple of 32gb card somewhere in the house, ill rty them in the mourning.

I suspect it's only happening with larger than 32GB cards maybe then?
Just to clarify rear parking issue. Camera does not record with gsensor on and movement detection off.

I believe @mcaf123 had a total and complete loss of rear camera, but @Lucadiq doesn't specify settings.

If I'm not mistaken, last time I tried to explain this to the engineers, they seemed to think that exact setting / behavior was normal. (programed to not record while in parking mode if parking motion detection set to off)
I need to re-explain what might be a more intuitive behavior. I'll see what we can come up with for a more sensible option for this combination.

That wasn't my recollection from this post to be fair
[9:32:36 PM] Jon If you have a hit and run where someone side swipes your rear trunk/bumper out of motion range, will only front video record?

[9:34:49 PM] S.M Jang: Both record

[9:35:03 PM] S.M Jang: G sensor triggers both

Back