Viofo A119s changes

I'm most curious about how the two cameras will compare, when both are equipped with a CPL filter; whether the reduced amount of light due to the CPL will cause more degradation of the image quality for one than the other.

I'm most curious about how the two cameras will compare, when both are equipped with a CPL filter; whether the reduced amount of light due to the CPL will cause more degradation of the image quality for one than the other.

the S model should handle this better

the A119 has a higher resolution sensor so there are times when it will look better, the larger pixels in the A119S will offer advantages in other situations, there's no right or wrong answer, each will have their strengths and weaknesses, there has been more work on A119 IQ tuning compared to A119S so still room for change
You might be right

the A119 has a higher resolution sensor so there are times when it will look better, the larger pixels in the A119S will offer advantages in other situations,

A119 got a wider fov than A119s also, so how does it equal out if you count the pixel on a example license plate.
Which of the model will have the highest density.

A119 got a wider fov than A119s also, so how does it equal out if you count the pixel on a example license plate.
Which of the model will have the highest density.

count them and see ;)

I'd reasonably expect the A119 could have a bit of an edge in well lit daytime scenes, I haven't tested one myself but just based on spec

Surre, 1,2,3,4,5.......... 789,790.....
Another things is how our brain can compensate thing, so it look better that it is.
I guess if you get used to one thing, you also start to develop a preference for that.
I'm very pleased with what i see in both model.

I wonder if the F1.6 narrower lens used on A119S is compatible with A119.
I guess I will have to buy A119S and do the swap myself :)

After driving for about 6 hours on the highway, mostly day time and a bit after dark, have to say 1080p @60fps the A119 is not great at freezing license plates on cars moving in the next lane unless you're at similar speeds long enough in the day time. Have changed to 1440p @30fps to test.

I think I'd need a CPL tho! LOL

Need to replace my other car's dashcam, A119S still my first pick. But the better of the two should go in the main car. Hopefully that's the S!

really hoping this camera comes out this year as promised...

A119S / GPS Stock is en route from the factory to the "OCD Tronic" North America Amazon Prime store as we speak. We missed Christmas but that's what gift cards are for. (still 2016) :)

A119S / GPS Stock is en route from the factory to the "OCD Tronic" North America Amazon Prime store as we speak. We missed Christmas but that's what gift cards are for. (still 2016) :)

Look in that way: First we got all the socks and other "software" as I call it. Then we go the the big grand final at the end, just like the fireworks. Just a little later.

Thanks for letting us know Jon.

Look in that way: First we got all the socks and other "software" as I call it. Then we go the the big grand final at the end, just like the fireworks. Just a little later.

Thanks for letting us know Jon.

:)

I just opened A119S+GPS pre-orders on the main OCD site. (for those that want to lock one in ASAP)
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...r-north-america-kicking-off-with-viofo.25881/
We'll make the Amazon A119S listings live after exact DHL Express ETA is known and we can be confident of no further over seas customs / holiday freight delays.

I have only ONE spare in hand, and have put it on ebay. (3 hours remain) It'll go out to the US winner via Fedex (free) and should be received before the weekend. It includes the optional GPS module.

The A119S and A118C2 are in stock and available for purchase at the CYA website. They ship USPS Priority.

The A119S and A118C2 are in stock and available for purchase at the CYA website. They ship USPS Priority.
That's really a bummer lol YOU DONT DO BUSINESS WITH Amazon.CA You made my day:(:(:(:(

Back