My brand new SG9665GC V3 is not performing as expected!

I am not 100% sure yet but I am optimistic that the following might be a workaround. While parked in direct sun I blocked the lens (Kleenex will do) - when starting the recording 6h later, sharpness was about 80-90% of what I would expect from a 200EUR camera (and what it actually delivers in special operating conditions). Monday is supposed to be a 30degC day again - will report in the other thread in case it works (or not).
It's not workaround.
In order to find out: a camera has focus issuess or not. We have to have a focus chart and in the same light condition light, normaly.
Remember: velocity diffirent, sharpness diffirent too. And you are DSLR user, so you know how light's effect on image quality.

this is how you should do:
in the same spot, diffirent time, no sunlight direct on footages (all in shadow), no windsheild (remove from windsheild), hold camera for 10 second, then compare two picture.
i think your footage is fine. I may dont have many exp in DSLR but i have quite alot of these with dashcam. :)
Here it is:
snapshots examples:
1. example 1 - sunny, no direct light,
2. example 2 - same spot, 2 hours later, camera stayed mounted in the car

and short movie examples:
1. example 1
2. example 2

Full blurry movie here. It seems there is a big drop in the quality in the sunny weather.

Last edited:
Here it is:
snapshots examples:

1. example 1
2. example 2

Full blurry movie here. It seems there is a big drop in the quality in the sunny weather.

your first couple of samples don't really show anything but I can see an issue in the full file, what were the conditions prior to that, how long parked, what's the outside temp etc?

we'll help you get this sorted, whatever it takes

Here it is:
snapshots examples:

1. example 1
2. example 2

check your file. Ex1 and 2 movie are the same.

Here it is:
snapshots examples:

1. example 1
2. example 2

I can see only screenshots. Movie will be able to download later.
Did you do continuous recording when car was parked ?

I can see only screenshots. Movie will be able to download later.
Did you do continuous recording when car was parked ?
No I did not. I only left camera mounted in the car.

Last edited:
your first couple of samples don't really show anything but I can see an issue in the full file, what were the conditions prior to that, how long parked, what's the outside temp etc?

we'll help you get this sorted, whatever it takes
1. Car was parked for 4-5 hours, exposed to the sun. Dashcam was not in the car while parked.
2. Temperature outside: around 26C (79F)
3. I started recording around 10 minutes after engine started (was waiting in the parking lot for someone).

if the camera wasn't even in the car then there's no reason for any heat related issue, that doesn't make sense

do you have any UV film on your front window?

After watching the samples I was rather thinking this is light issue. I was surprised that video example 2 was way better than video example 1, while camera was left in the car for over two hours. Was expecting other way around. The difference is light, isn't it?
I have no idea whether front window has any UV. To my best knowledge "no". Don't know if manufacturer put any, would need to research.

I'm not sure what's going on but it doesn't seem consistent with the usage you've described, @niko will probably have some things he'll want you to try and collect some samples for us to look at, whatever is going on we'll work it out and get you sorted

I'm not sure what's going on but it doesn't seem consistent with the usage you've described, @niko will probably have some things he'll want you to try and collect some samples for us to look at, whatever is going on we'll work it out and get you sorted
ok, happy to do some guided tests.

Here it is:
snapshots examples:

1. example 1
2. example 2

Hard to judge focus from footage while driving nearby trees.
Best way to test focus is to park car in open space car park or opposite brick wall, or if you will have combination of both this would be perfect. Something like below. For more detailed result do this test in non-cloudy day time (not evening like I did). Its just reference picture of the place how to test focus.

C1 FOV.jpg

Hard to judge focus from footage while driving nearby trees.
Best way to test focus is to park car in open space car park or opposite brick wall, or if you will have combination of both this would be perfect. Something like below. For more detailed result do this test in non-cloudy day time (not evening like I did). Its just reference picture of the place how to test focus.

View attachment 31234
here it is, non cloudy day:
1 parkinglot - just before drive
2 parkinglot - after 5 minutes drive

Back