I always really liked the physical design concept for the GuardTrak and it was one of the reasons I was looking forward to it. Will the newer GuardTrak line be using that same housing with different components?

we are not using that housing at this stage, if we do it would be used for a Street Guardian model

we are not using that housing at this stage, if we do it would be used for a Street Guardian model

Either way, I'd be happy to see it. :)

As I recall, that's your own design and tooling, so it would seem a way to recover some of the loss after what happened to the original GuardTrak project.....and it was an appealing concept.

Last edited:
I really really hope to be able to build a new 8 / 16 core computer in 2018, so much so i might even borrow money in the bank to build it.
I always try to keep up to date on my 'wish' computer. Here it is as it stands today: (unless some unseen fortune falls in my lap, it will always be a wish system)
Code:
Intel Core i9-7920X (12-Core)                                      €1,110.90
NZXT Kraken X61 Liquid Cooling System                                €110.90
ASRock X299 Taichi Motherboard                                       €310.90
Samsung 960 EVO 1TB NVMe SSD                                         €495.90
2x ASUS ROG STRIX GAMING GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB Graphics Card    €1,597.80
Kingston 128GB KIT 3000MHz DDR4 CL15 HyperX Predator 8x16GB        €1,334.69
2x WD Gold 10TB 3.5" SATA III, 256MB cache, 7200 RPM Hard Drive      €815.80
                                                                   €5,776.89
Not listed: Case, Power Supply, BluRay Burner

Lucky I bought 5x SG9665GC's & 1x SGZC12RC late last year when the SG9663DC was rumored to be released last Christmas.

I told other people on the forum to buy the 9665GC V2 immediately and to pass onto family members when the StreetGuardian dual cam comes out, but they didn't listen.

I wonder how those people managed pinning their hopes on the DC dual channel dash cam all that time???
I was in that position a year ago, and I'm glad I bought the GCv2 at that time rather than hold out for the DC. To be fair, even jokiin and niko advised me to buy the v2 as they knew the DC would not be ready for a while.

The DC should put the X2 to shame, not least on the front camera, but also overall due to newer hardware being able to run higher bitrate on each camera.

The X2 had decent video, don't know anyone that has one that could do a side by side comparison though

No i cant remember either who packed the X2, but on paper the DC should beat it hands down.

DC got newer hardware all around.
DC got a more likeable form factor ( individual taste off course )

I had an X2, but it was so woefully unreliable. The first one I got was DOA, but Jon quickly sorted out a replacement for me, but a few months later that died on me as well. I ended up swapping it for 2x SGZC12RC-V2. They're a much better camera, but the X2 was great in that everything was in one package. Then again, the 12RC cameras are really tiny so nice and discreet....swings and roundabouts really, but I know which brand I'd rather put my money behind!

I always try to keep up to date on my 'wish' computer. Here it is as it stands today: (unless some unseen fortune falls in my lap, it will always be a wish system)
Code:
Intel Core i9-7920X (12-Core)                                      €1,110.90
NZXT Kraken X61 Liquid Cooling System                                €110.90
ASRock X299 Taichi Motherboard                                       €310.90
Samsung 960 EVO 1TB NVMe SSD                                         €495.90
2x ASUS ROG STRIX GAMING GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB Graphics Card    €1,597.80
Kingston 128GB KIT 3000MHz DDR4 CL15 HyperX Predator 8x16GB        €1,334.69
2x WD Gold 10TB 3.5" SATA III, 256MB cache, 7200 RPM Hard Drive      €815.80
                                                                   €5,776.89
Not listed: Case, Power Supply, BluRay Burner

If you're going for a "wish" build, why not switch to Nvidia titan XPs? You haven't even mentioned two 144 Hz monitors, Topre keyboard (or Popularis), then headphones, killer DAC and wireless mouse.

Something like this build and video (sit down before watching)

Last edited:
If you're going for a "wish" build, why not switch to Nvidia titan XPs? You haven't even mentioned two 144 Hz monitors, Topre keyboard (or Popularis), then headphones, killer DAC and wireless mouse.

Something like this build and video (sit down before watching)
The steampunk is nice, but just a mod.
As for the system, very nice, but to me this fits into a 'dream' system, not a 'wish' system. A 'wish' system is something in reach of getting. A 'dream' system is just that, a dream. If I was creating a 'dream' machine, I would just list the most expensive parts that go together.
The titans are €1200 each. Never going to happen for this guy, so they go in the 'dream' category. And next year there will be something bigger and better anyways. As for monitors, keyboard, mouse, etc; I have those. Im not into 4k and probably never will be so that is extra cost for nothing.
For the PS, I have a 800W full modular beast that I may or may not have to change depending on what the calculations would be which I don't do until I would actually buy the components.
I used to design 'dream' machines 15 years ago, then I reached an age where reality set in LOL. Even the above is a bit of a stretch for me but I could do it, but I have a garage to build so I can bring my fathers 78 Thunderbird from the states to here first.

I had an X2, but it was so woefully unreliable. The first one I got was DOA, but Jon quickly sorted out a replacement for me, but a few months later that died on me as well. I ended up swapping it for 2x SGZC12RC-V2. They're a much better camera, but the X2 was great in that everything was in one package. Then again, the 12RC cameras are really tiny so nice and discreet....swings and roundabouts really, but I know which brand I'd rather put my money behind!

Thanks. I had done my research and decided on this camera over the x2 back in april or may partly because it was supposed to come out right away. Still waiting now and i had sort of forgotton why i chose this over the x2. I asked the question about the comparison and then a while later went back over the x2 info and saw all the poor reliability posts again. So now i remember :)
Are you waiting to buy this dual channel camera as well when it comes out or are your 2x single channel cameras working out?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Thanks. I had done my research and decided on this camera over the x2 back in april or may partly because it was supposed to come out right away. Still waiting now and i had sort of forgotton why i chose this over the x2. I asked the question about the comparison and then a while later went back over the x2 info and saw all the poor reliability posts again. So now i remember :)
Are you waiting to buy this dual channel camera as well when it comes out or are your 2x single channel cameras working out?

To be fair my 2x 12RCs have been running almost flawlessly since I've had them. I run them all the time on motion detection mode for parking mode, but quickly learned to unplug them overnight while I'm parked in the driveway (much to the annoyance of my neighbour who has had his kids bikes stolen multiple times and always asked me to check my cams) to prolong the life of my memory cards and battery. Unless someone offers me a decent trade in to bump up to the this DC, I'll keep them - it would be nice to have my central glovebox back to use for actual storage of stuff, but its a price worth paying for the peace of mind I get with my cameras recording....in fact I feel kind of naked and vulnerable if my wife or I have ever forgotten to plug them in when we set off in the morning lol

@mcaf123
FWIW I have a different cam running 24/7 using a 64GB Transcend 400X card which just tested 100% and has worked flawlessly for over 3 years now :) So if you wanted to leave your cams doing MD all night I doubt that card life will be a major issue for you ;) It is NOT recommended for any dash or action cam to be used this way and will void the warranty but SG is one of the few which seem to be able to handle this kind of (ab)use well :D

Phil

@mcaf123
FWIW I have a different cam running 24/7 using a 64GB Transcend 400X card which just tested 100% and has worked flawlessly for over 3 years now :) So if you wanted to leave your cams doing MD all night I doubt that card life will be a major issue for you ;) It is NOT recommended for any dash or action cam to be used this way and will void the warranty but SG is one of the few which seem to be able to handle this kind of (ab)use well :D

Phil
Yeah SG cams seem to be pretty good like that, but I previously had the Lexar Professional 64GB Class 10 UHS-I 633x Speed (45MB/s) MicroSDXC cards and these failed a couple of times. I'm now running the Transcend 128 GB Premium MicroSDXC Class 10 UHS-I which have been far more reliable!

....in fact I feel kind of naked and vulnerable if my wife or I have ever forgotten to plug them in when we set off in the morning lol

I feel exactly the same way if i realized that I forgot to put the sd card back in lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Why the hell does China have so many holidays? o_Oo_O

Reactions: Mtz
Why the hell does China have so many holidays? o_Oo_O
Because when they're not on holiday they work 12 hour days, 7 days a week? :ROFLMAO:

Because when they're not on holiday they work 12 hour days, 7 days a week? :ROFLMAO:

That makes no sense, if they like to work so much, why would they want to a break? :ROFLMAO:

I always looked at work as a necessary evil, and i have always wanted to stop working if i had gotten the chance.
But lady luck never look my way.

Once i had 2 jobs at the same time, so first i worked 8 hours at my "A" job, then i went to my former employer and worked 4-5 hours there as everything collapsed when i left, and to this day its still collapsed, i still visit the company once in a while to say hi, and i have never seen my paint booth operate.
When i was there that paint booth was operating around 10 hours every day, and if there was 2 weekends in a row where i dident work at least one of the days than that was rare.

I have not asked ( cuz i am such a nice guy ) if they regret taking in that new operating manager that made me leave first and soon there after all the other guys also left, and in the end the new boss also left after having ruined the work environment.

Back