0803 stop recording with chime sound

I noted my mini-0803 shut off by itself while I am driving. This scenario happen quit often.
Even I try to turn on manually, but it will soon off itself again. It is tiring to have a dash cam like this.
Is there anyone manage to solve problem like this. Please share with me. Thanks

I have the same problem :(
I tried another firmware - resuslt the same, then connected directly instead of GPS box, result the same.
Maybe someone solved that issue, please share.
Can the microsd card cause this problem? Thanks.

Well, crap. Mine's doing it too now. Brought it in this morning, going to check card.
My saga with the 0803 so far (scattered in various threads here) :
  • Got the Aug 2014 (roughly) 'upgrade' unit with the included LED flower type heatsink, but still had overheat shutdowns
  • Modded to add a big copper plate atop that heatsink that extends out of the unit and into the AC convection air flow. While it was open noticed a particular component (voltage regulator IC?) that already looked pretty toasted. Pics of mod (and one below) here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/rtrski/sets/72157647305128992/
  • Saw my power was totally intermittent to USB base and the mini-USB was the cause - snipped it off and direct-soldered the cable leads to the proper pads inside the GPS mount. Also did the shim for the base to camera connect but don't think that was too bad in my case.
  • Changed from a Sandisk 64GB Ultra to Lexar 64GB x633 card, based on assumptions my Sandisk was too slow
  • Flashed to a customized firmware (with Tobi@s tool) at a data rate of 18, and started using more happily at super-HD rez
  • All seemed ok for about a month, but now getting chime, chime, then shutdown, so suspect card has 'filled' with undeletable recordings. Yes I have G-sensor on because otherwise you don't get the motion data embedded but have it set as high as it will go (7g? not sure, typing from memory right now) to not lock many if any at all
About to say phuck it and buy an SG from Pier28 while I keep waiting for the GuardTrak to release. Will post back when I know what's going on with my card, and perhaps try the iTracker FW which seems to be reported as the 'best' these days.

Last edited:
Chkdisk found no card problems, but a couple file problems. Did not look like files were marked read only (not sure if that shows up in std windows attributes?). Computer could read/write to the card just fine still (moved a few files off and some older ones on a few times, write was plenty fast on USB3). There was one file of zero size dated 0=0-2008. Thinking perhaps a bad filewrite was confusing the mini I just reformatted the whole card again.

Worked fine for 3 days..until it filled up again. My 0803 has definitely lost the ability to roll over recordings. Will try reflashing FW next...but based on Swenak's result not hopeful that will truly fix it.

Pretty much giving up on this POS though I'll try to keep it semifunctional until I can replace, and definitely will NOT be an o806/"0803 pro" customer in future. GT or SG ASAP please. (sigh)

Last edited:
Looks like we have the same problem. Just received from Fox Offer.

The manufacture replied it occurred due to no enough battery to power up, normally it can be normal after reset.
This solved in the latest 0805, and I asked the manufacturer to solve this on 0803, wish there is new firmware.

I have the same problem :(
I tried another firmware - resuslt the same, then connected directly instead of GPS box, result the same.
Maybe someone solved that issue, please share.
Can the microsd card cause this problem? Thanks.

It seems I found a reason - my CD card was Class4, I installed Class10 and problems gone.

I'm not an expert , but I'm putting my money on using a hard wire kit (soldered) in order to solve all problems described in detail above. Didn't test with 1296p but definitely works flawless with 1080p.

I am soldered at the Gps mount...using the accessory port at the other end. I should not have to totally hardwire to vehicle power to get a camera to function for longer than the few months I've owned it.

Robcikas, I thought I'd fixed my earlier problems with a better card too (my first was class 10 but Sandisk ultra which is supposedly slow to write to) but the inability to overwrite cropped up later. Keep an eye on it...

I have two mini 0803's, one in front window and one in the rear. The front camera was an earlier version and it works flawlessly. The rear camera is a few months old and when the SD card gets full and when the camera starts to re-write over the old data, the camera goes to standby and then shuts off. Re-powering the camera will get it to run again for another 15 minutes or so. Some have said it may be the SD card and some protected files. Reformatting the SD card clears the problem for a while until it is full again. I am using a Lexar 32 GB class 10 card on both cameras. I have swapped cards between the two cameras to see if the problem moves to the front camera. I'll let you know the results. This appears to be the same fault that many are describing here.

When I started using the 0801 and shortly after that the 0803 I had the same problems. At first I also thought it could be a faulty card and bought another one but still had the same problem. Than I decided to hard wire (soldered) both cams and until today I'm still using the first card I bought, but now without problems.

I am soldered at the Gps mount...using the accessory port at the other end. I should not have to totally hardwire to vehicle power to get a camera to function for longer than the few months I've owned it.

Robcikas, I thought I'd fixed my earlier problems with a better card too (my first was class 10 but Sandisk ultra which is supposedly slow to write to) but the inability to overwrite cropped up later. Keep an eye on it...

So far so good :) no problems after replacing SD card.
Cheers!

In reference to my post #68 , the problem definitely in the second (newer) camera. I had swapped SD cards between the two cameras and formatted there cards so both cameras started fresh. The older camera (front window) continues to work flawlessly and the newer camera ( rear camera ) locked up as soon as the card was full and began to overwrite the stored data. So it is not the cards, it's not the cables, it not GPS mount or its connector. The recently released cameras seem to have a bug where they lock up, go to standby mode, and then shut off. Maybe I'll try a software upgrade next.

• All seemed ok for about a month, but now getting chime, chime, then shutdown, so suspect card has 'filled' with undeletable recordings. Yes I have G-sensor on because otherwise you don't get the motion data embedded but have it set as high as it will go (7g? not sure, typing from memory right now) to not lock many if any at all
About to say phuck it and buy an SG from Pier28 while I keep waiting for the GuardTrak to release. Will post back when I know what's going on with my card, and perhaps try the iTracker FW which seems to be reported as the 'best' these days.

I have had my camera 2 months and it has been working flawless until a few days ago, I'm getting a chime but it seems to keep recording it might do this once or twice an hour.

I switched the Screen on and managed to catch the msg LOW CARD SPEED or something like that in red text, the card is a Sumsung Evo 32GB Class 10

I did a full format on the PC and it is not doing it as often now but it did stop recording last night.

Just error checked the car and it was ok, doing another full format and re-flash the FW.

I also been using Tobi@s Custom FW.

Going to re-flash using itracker 08042014 and see what happens.

I'm thinking of trying a different brand of card as I want a second card anyway.

I had this problem with multiple firmware versions. I solved it by not deleting any recordings and just letting the firmware overwrite and maintain the file numbering system.

My guess is that it just shuts down if the firmware runs into a naming conflict. If you delete all the recordings then it causes the firmware to restart the video file numbering at 0001, but all other files (GPS log, etc.) are left intact. My guess is that somewhere in the file system, at least in the GPS directory and maybe in some database file, it will eventually try to make a duplicate file name.

Mine still happens. Takes me about 3 days to fill a 64GB card and start overwriting with my typical commute...I get the actual repeat write fail and shutdown when driving about every six to eight days, for the first time, after which it might come back on next drive and go another couple days before it becomes a repeat glitch. Occasional single chime error (can't see whether it's slow card or whatever message usually) in the 3-6 day window but recording continues.

I just totally reformat every 10-11 days or so. I do not delete only video recordings. And I've been thru two different cards now (well, 3 if you include the initial Sandisk Ultra). Definitely some sort of bug, either FW or HW issue (fluctuating voltage due to bad VRM driving the card voltage or something). Really doubt I can have been so unlucky with cards.

Just waiting for an acceptable replacement model - want to see how initial reports are for the SG7LA50...

I think I was finally hit by this. Couldn't figure out what the problem was at first. Removing it from the mount and reinstalling it seemed to help once or twice but then it got worst. I next tried reformatting the card in the unit and my problems are gone (for now).

Getting it with mine now. It's a Joovuu unit bought about 3-4 months ago. SD Card is a 32Gb Sandisc class 4 - which I understand might be the issue, as the one time I managed to eyeball it when it binged it was complaining about a slow card speed. Swapping a Sandisc Ultra 32 which I believe is class 10 - we'll see how it goes.
I've not messed around with the firmware or anything like that.

I'm using a Transend 32GB class 10 so I don't think the card was my problem. Seemed more like fragmented files or something. The format has resolved it for several days now.

I'm having the same issue of the camera chiming then turning off. At first I thought it was to do with a fault GPS mount going over bumps unsettling the connection and the camera turning off but this makes more sense.

I have 2 cameras both from JooVuu. I'm going to test them both by plugging them into my computer and just letting them record until full.

Still getting the issue with a supposedly decent sandisk ultra 32.
Just flashed the firmware to the i-tracker version mentioned at the beginning of the thread. See what happens.

Anyone else still getting this?

Back