B2W Sample Videos

I'm planning to try hardwire with the B2W. @estore009 Is g-sensor trigger the only parking option? Will low bitrate be available later?

I was curious to see whether light raindrops on my windscreen are more or less noticeable with the B2W than my A129. Measured horizontally, the B2W's lens is about 16cm from the windscreen, whereas the compact wedge-style A129's lens is just under 7cm from the screen. As expected, there is a visible difference. The B2W renders raindrops as small highlights that are almost in focus. On the A129 these highlights are larger but less well-defined. I'm not sure whether one is better than the other. Perhaps larger blurred dots are more likely than smaller discrete ones to obscure important details? I don't see much difference in the dashboard reflection between the two cameras.

y4mrd5wndaYw8mrhDeWTnfPZznAYO51wuaAz_M2I2mbbL8nXBui9xiPH1ozRtLeHlqYZmhr1GfezhXVV3FUwtu-rdVUcPlQiS8qjn9eE58cI31d_DpA7MALe6MYWgVHgoPmCS99hlqz0lw-Id_myHZco1c3GNsVaHREkQDH8e5QIaDGcn-RaoY_IEeIiy-GfvVesb6tDR9hknrUFAeywtmUDw

y4mKJm9i_BFAYsWTAOdFDB5K1haquYgdmjP5J4kvORYIYHGpHjUgznj0HvVY-dLY1GjGuRy3dzuoH9xVw6Tr2b6XHnqqkazUioxTw-FhDy_8ffEPkNJgpUx5cncBmqPiET27bftxJ7zoawUSg7hA-kRF5BkZLNAX1QcJgTG56kBAqE-t3-X_2Y4-lgQ4wSEX8G6INx7rmdiXj5xo5HSekdW1w

I was curious to see whether light raindrops on my windscreen are more or less noticeable with the B2W than my A129. Measured horizontally, the B2W's lens is about 16cm from the windscreen, whereas the compact wedge-style A129's lens is just under 7cm from the screen. As expected, there is a visible difference. The B2W renders raindrops as small highlights that are almost in focus. On the A129 these highlights are larger but less well-defined. I'm not sure whether one is better than the other. Perhaps larger blurred dots are more likely than smaller discrete ones to obscure important details? I don't see much difference in the dashboard reflection between the two cameras.

y4mrd5wndaYw8mrhDeWTnfPZznAYO51wuaAz_M2I2mbbL8nXBui9xiPH1ozRtLeHlqYZmhr1GfezhXVV3FUwtu-rdVUcPlQiS8qjn9eE58cI31d_DpA7MALe6MYWgVHgoPmCS99hlqz0lw-Id_myHZco1c3GNsVaHREkQDH8e5QIaDGcn-RaoY_IEeIiy-GfvVesb6tDR9hknrUFAeywtmUDw

y4mKJm9i_BFAYsWTAOdFDB5K1haquYgdmjP5J4kvORYIYHGpHjUgznj0HvVY-dLY1GjGuRy3dzuoH9xVw6Tr2b6XHnqqkazUioxTw-FhDy_8ffEPkNJgpUx5cncBmqPiET27bftxJ7zoawUSg7hA-kRF5BkZLNAX1QcJgTG56kBAqE-t3-X_2Y4-lgQ4wSEX8G6INx7rmdiXj5xo5HSekdW1w
4th character on the number plate has been corrupted on the B2W. There isn't a rain drop in the same place for the A129, but normally they are sufficiently out of focus that it can see through the drop so the characters are still there and readable, just a bit blurred/low contrast. Of course it does depend on the size of the drops, too big and the B2W will win because it can still see a lot of the image while the A129 can't, but that is not a problem if you use your wipers.

Here's a G-sensor activated parking clip. The streetlamp is about 20m away. I activated the cam by slightly leaning on the right of the hood, then stepping back and walking across at the speed you see. I estimate the time-lag to be about 2 seconds.

Phil

Was out driving with the little RC cars today, reviewing footage from the drive home thru rural back roads i find colors are a bit strong.
The modest bitrate ( 16mbit ) don't do too well though the sky seem to block a lot but down in eye level it is not that bad out in the open, but in areas with a lot more information the camera do choke due to the modest bitrate.

On youtube every little bad thing are amplified, so it don't look good at all there.

raw 3 min file Dl : https://drive.google.com/open?id=1klOSKwaHG48DIJaDL1OLStzECy9V06Fr

but in areas with a lot more information the camera do choke due to the modest bitrate.
What is the exact meaning for "choke'?

overwhelmed. too much to process for the SOC with the bitrate at hand.

My other cameras probably did the same, maybe to a lesser degree as they have a little higher bitrate.
In general i find bitrates should be higher for all dashcams, 25 - 28 mbit for 1080p cameras i think are the sweet spot.
you can make do with less, but you have to know how the cameras react when you get into a area with a lot of details for the camera to resolve.

I apologize, I did not manage to check the gadget today. Life constantly makes adjustments to our plans...)
Now along the way I will explore the parameters of detail and sharpness.
It is interesting. Also experimented with a luminance component in a digital filter...
Буфер обмена-1.jpg

Gamma curves are also not as simple as they seemed at first.
The curves are non-linear and with the slightest inaccuracy the picture changes extremely much.
But I'm trying...)

Gamma curves are also not as simple as they seemed at first.
The curves are non-linear and with the slightest inaccuracy the picture changes extremely much.
But I'm trying...)
But there is no correct answer, and the stock firmware isn't wrong!

What is your aim, what are you trying to achieve?

The one who does nothing is not mistaken...)
And you can always achieve more, just need to strive for it and not stand still...

Someone has the quality of the screenshot on the left side, but I prefer the option on the right.
Сравнение СТОКа и МОДа (6).jpg
And this result did not fall from the sky...)

and the stock firmware isn't wrong!
This is your personal opinion. I think differently...
Буфер обмена-1.jpg

Last edited:
The wall on the right hand side look much better, on the left it look like computer game grafix. AND ! not the latest computer games grafix

There is a big problem with that test though... Normally a dashcam sees bright sky at the top and dark road at the bottom, but in this scene we see the bright at the bottom and the dark at the top. I'm not convinced that it is a valid test, and I would expect it to get the exposure wrong...

Having tested the B2W on the road, and requested a number of changes to the exposure settings, and WDR / gamma curves, I think the stock firmware is reasonable. Of course it can be better, but it needs careful testing on the road before making changes or some of the good work that has already been done may be destroyed.

I hope Falsificator gets a good result, but I can't judge the result based on that view, if it is to be used as a taxicam, especially if testing the cabin lens with that view.

Back