[Big News]Original Xiaomi Yi 1080P Car WiFi DVR is coming!!!!

is that big logo top left of screen part of the video or did you add that?
no, it comes with that. But you can choose to turn off that logo and time stamp in your app settings. I didnt turn off

Reactions: Mtz
The videos are pretty soft - is that night one out of focus?

The windscreen definitely needs a good cleaning :) I like the logo - the marketing guys will love that!

no, it comes with that. But you can choose to turn off that logo and time stamp in your app settings. I didnt turn off
Is good to use a logo with just the „Yi”. People will don't know they bought a XiaoYi instead of XiaoMi.

enjoy,
Mtz

Perhaps, new thread would be better,... down to mods ;)
Matt, the TechMoan overview- review!

The videos are pretty soft - is that night one out of focus?

The windscreen definitely needs a good cleaning :) I like the logo - the marketing guys will love that!
nope, currently no "out of focus" problem received...

nope, currently no "out of focus" problem received...

On the Chinese Yi forum there are multiple posts about the focus not being that great. They don't know if the firmware is the problem or that its the actual hardware. Up close the focus and sharpness seems to be great, but a little farther out the focus seems to be slightly off.
Do you read these Chinese forums or?

On the Chinese Yi forum there are multiple posts about the focus not being that great. They don't know if the firmware is the problem or that its the actual hardware. Up close the focus and sharpness seems to be great, but a little farther out the focus seems to be slightly off.
Do you read these Chinese forums or?
Yes I read, actually I'm one of the admins there lol. As this is the first dashcam Yi company ever created we still optimising the firmware:
http://bbs.xiaoyi.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=32637&fromuid=3
This topic is about the official statement on optimising video quality. Suggest using 3A port...

....maybe customized NT96660 + AR0230CS (2 MP 1/2.7" CMOS).

that doesn't make sense,
NT96660 supports 2K resolution, but AR0230 only 1080P so is just waste of money to use NT96660 with AR0230
so far AR0230 seems to be used only in new DOME DAB003 with Ambarella A12LA35 (cheaper with 1080p max res, still support WDR/HDR):

ff.png

below is the Ambarella A12 +AR0230 (possibly A12 Demo board) has been used due to lens fov:

not sure when AR0230 will be available...
looks like only A12 and DM368 can be use with AR0230

https://www.framos.com/en/news/news...g-full-hdr-video-for-automotive-and-secu.html

that doesn't make sense,
NT96660 supports 2K resolution, but AR0230 only 1080P so is just waste of money to use NT96660 with AR0230
so far AR0230 seems to be used only in new DOME DAB003 with Ambarella A12LA35 (cheaper with 1080p max res, still support WDR/HDR):

ff.png

below is the Ambarella A12 +AR0230 (possibly A12 Demo board) has been used due to lens fov:

not sure when AR0230 will be available...
looks like only A12 and DM368 can be use with AR0230

https://www.framos.com/en/news/news...g-full-hdr-video-for-automotive-and-secu.html

I found a post in the Xiaomi`s Chinese forum which said that A12 is an modified NT96660. So until someone from this forum get`s one to test we do not know, maybe even after that we will not know.

No. XiaoYi wanted to erase the Novatek chipset print and to print instead Ambarella A12. But XiaoMi got mad about this.

I am very curious about CMOS because - Pizdys- said the XiaoYi CMOS is not supported yet by NT96660.

enjoy,
Mtz

Whatever it is has clean night footage with low noise levels, but needs the lens in focus with a clean windscreen to show what it can really do!

This had such potential but the camera is big and that mounting system is horrible and very bulky.
I was going to buy one but Im sitting this one on the sidelines at least until the mounts get more compact and the price comes down.

Guys, I've used the Xiaomi Dash Cam for a few days.
In addition, the IOS App in Chinese for Xiaomi Dash Cam has already been launched for a few days.

Here below is a link of night drive on Jan 31, 2016.
https://mega.nz/#!L8kWAAZB!Xv3qInoJqhuIveoVPK6qWDHDJgQLq_B830wsR2JGwJA

Right now only those 2015 preorder Chinese customers have just received the cams in PRC.
Believe the price will not be that speculative when large volumes are being produced for export outside PRC. RMB 349 as stated on official web site without change.
I've also received notice from Banggood that they have started to deliver the first lot of Xiaomi Dash Cams.
By the way subtle Grey should sell more than rich Gold, I think. May be not.

Attachments

• Xiaomi Dash Cam IOS App.PNG
    Xiaomi Dash Cam IOS App.PNG
    876.7 KB · Views: 17
  • Xiaomi Dash Cam - IOS App 1.PNG
    Xiaomi Dash Cam - IOS App 1.PNG
    87.6 KB · Views: 20
  • Xiaomi Dash Cam - IOS App 2.PNG
    Xiaomi Dash Cam - IOS App 2.PNG
    77.4 KB · Views: 17
  • Xiaomi Dash Cam Specification on User Manual.jpg
    Xiaomi Dash Cam Specification on User Manual.jpg
    299.3 KB · Views: 28
On the last picture I see xiaoyi.com
Why people are calling this camera XiaoMi?

enjoy,
Mtz

Back