BULLETHD BIKER PRO - Problems

Well after 1697 miles I have captured 6 videos on the front camera and 14 on the rear camera...... Captured a lot of unenviable video files, but not much video.

I will add the other power supply this week, and will order new cards in hopes that this will solve the problem.

What is the best 64gb card brand to get that works with these units?

I tried a 32 gb, 16gb, 10gb and a 4 gb with no success on recording "ANY" video. The no name 64 Gb cards I have got are the only ones that will record "Some" video..... However "Some" is not what I am shooting for.....

I ordered both cameras from you Jon (Via Phone call). You already replaced the front cable.

If you have more than one camera you can't share one power supply. We are finding its not powerful enough recently.

I tried a 32 gb, 16gb, 10gb and a 4 gb with no success on recording "ANY" video. The no name 64 Gb cards I have got are the only ones that will record "Some" video..... However "Some" is not what I am shooting for.....

two most common causes of instability are memory card (which you've obviously tried a lot of already) and power supply, bikes can be finicky for power, particularly ones that have CDI ignition, some are worse than others, Ducati's are difficult to get right, accessory power isn't exactly high on the priority list from a bike manufacturers perspective for understandable reasons, not an excuse but just a reality of what needs to be dealt with unfortunately, it's not the simplest electrical system to work with

I own a Honda, GL1800 GoldWing, bike power isn't an issue. I do have both cameras on one power supply, I will add the other one this week to separate the 2 cameras.

I own a Honda, GL1800 GoldWing, bike power isn't an issue. I do have both cameras on one power supply, I will add the other one this week to separate the 2 cameras.

try running just one camera only on the power supply and see the result of each one at a time, if it runs fine like that you've found your problem

I did that, and I have another power cord and 2.1 USB outlet that I plugged into the other one, Same recording issue. With that said, I will install the second power supply, but am hesitant that is going to solve the recording issue....... Im hoping it does, but that why I ask which cards work the best with these units.

have you tried these on a 120v USB charger like a phone charger in the house to see if they record reliably? Power stability is important, you can still have a bike related issue and it's one way to confirm that or not, if they work reliably on the bench you need to look at the bike

Yes, I bench tested like that before install and they worked, just like when I start the bike now that they are installed, and they "Seem" to work, till you check the video to find out that one camera stopped recording before I left my driveway, and the other stopped working 18 miles down the road........

That seems to be a my issue Jobe. You can look and check to see if the unit has started when you power up and ride off. Its viewing the files later on that you find its fallen over some time even a short time later. I'm going to swap out my power supply from accessory to main power (easy as I bought one of those fuse jumpers from Jaycar)

Ordered 2 new Transcend 64GB 400x, 60mbsec mini SD Cards. I won't have them till next week, so in the meantime, I will install the other power supply to separate the two cameras and see if that solves the problem.

I separated the two power supplies by adding the second power supply, so each camera is on it's own. Tested it 3 times by turning the ignition on, waiting a few minutes, connected via WiFi, each cameras. However when I went to view the video's, It's still an unrecognizable file...... So it is not the power supply(s).

I was really hoping this would solve the problem but it did not.

I tried to take more video's and pictures this time, the front camera logged the videos and the pictures but can not open any of them. The rear one recorded the videos, no pictures and can't open the videos. Separating the power supply seems to have made the situation worse than it was. Getting Frustrated.

It's possible both power supplies are bad from the same batch. I can send you a new one we just got in for troubleshooting.

THanks Jon, but I do not suspect it is power supply, I do think it's the cards, however time will tell.

I took out the 64gb cards and put the 32 gb card in the front, and the 16gb card in the back. These were the cards that I tried while I was in Florida last week, and they didn't work. I put them back in and went for a short ride, and both, front and back worked flawlessly.........

I will leave it at this configuration for now and keep testing them till my new Transcend 64gb cards come in.

Im hoping the 64gb cards will work as I like to ride long distance. A day of 8 hour driving is pretty much my norm and would love to be able to capture a full day of riding on one card. Not that I would save the whole day of riding constantly, but that will give me the ability to pick and chose the portion of video I would like to keep. Smaller cards would just record over the beginning of my day.

As a side note......

I do not make spices in my wiring. Everything I do is Soldered and shrink wrapped, so I know my connections are good and stay good.

Back