Is there such thing as a side view dashcam? (For your car doors)

1st thing is that I had never heard before of your company, and 2nd thing is that you need to prove your statement in product information, so If you say it is the best night recording, you need to prove it with video samples.

Just randomly accepting / granting what some end users tell you, could embarrass you in the end.....

And for the size, it's really inviting the bad guys to break in to our cars and steal the large and attractive equipment. Dashcams should always be as invisible as possible, for this particular reason.

We could of course ask our rulers to reinstate public physical punishment on the village squares to scare the thieves of, but I guess that's not going to happen any time soon.

Many a thieve here are just visiting, they go back home when they have a van or truck full of stolen goods, or send goods back home on those so called tourist buses.
Which lead me to think that we really should have visa rules for some countries though they are also EU countries, and we should also have visa rules for countries that will not take their own citizens back when they have been convicted here and judged not welcome here. ( talking about people with 2 passports )
And if that's not the case we should send them back on a parachute if need be.
Right now we have around 300 people here that have been convicted but we can not send them home to their native country if they dont want to go them self, in which case i think we should build a place for them to be on a remote island, or maybe make a remote village on Greenland to store them.
When people like that get those convictions it mean they are no longer eligible for welfare here, and so crime are the only means of supporting them self, that that's something that already led them to get a conviction like that.
Those 300 people are a huge expense and i would dare say danger to Danish society, and so we should go to great lengths to protect ourself against them. and personally this to me mean break or change some international treaties we have signed.

Last edited:
Many a thieve here are just visiting, they go back home when they have a van or truck full of stolen goods, or send goods back home on those so called tourist buses.
Which lead me to think that we really should have visa rules for some countries though they are also EU countries, and we should also have visa rules for countries that will not take their own citizens back when they have been convicted here and judged not welcome here. ( talking about people with 2 passports )
And if that's not the case we should send them back on a parachute if need be.
Right now we have around 300 people here that have been convicted but we can not send them home to their native country if they dont want to go them self, in which case i think we should build a place for them to be on a remote island, or maybe make a remote village on Greenland to store them.
When people like that get those convictions it mean they are no longer eligible for welfare here, and so crime are the only means of supporting them self, that that's something that already led them to get a conviction like that.
Those 300 people are a huge expense and i would dare say danger to Danish society, and so we should go to great lengths to protect ourself against them. and personally this to me mean break or change some international treaties we have signed.

I wasn't talking about foreigners, just about thieves in general. But I understand your concern. However I don't do politics, so....

:cool:

1st thing is that I had never heard before of your company, and 2nd thing is that you need to prove your statement in product information, so If you say it is the best night recording, you need to prove it with video samples.

Just randomly accepting / granting what some end users tell you, could embarrass you in the end.....

And for the size, it's really inviting the bad guys to break in to our cars and steal the large and attractive equipment. Dashcams should always be as invisible as possible, for this particular reason.
Dear @dirkzelf , yes, in China, there are hundreds of Dash Cam factories, real not easy to know all factories, and unworthy to know all. BTW, in South Asia, Firstscene have good market share.
I know Dashcamtalk is the biggest forum to share and discuss the Dash Cam, therefore, we do hope to make the good introduction of our product, such as X6, which we list - the Outstanding Night Vision Feature, as we have made the comparison with many Dash Cams, we found the Dash Cam in the market can do about 0.1Lux at Night Recording, but, our X6 can support o.05Lux - 0.07Lux at Night Rec, it not easy to let customers to get this means, that's why we took the video of X6, and make the comparison with the other Dash Cam.
We respect all Members in Dashcamtalk, and we do believe that someone will choose X6 because of its performance.

Thank you for your time. :)

@Jane_von, the video shown for the Firstscene X6 shows the night-vision inside of a cardboard box. It lights up nicely, thanks to the IR LEDs surrounding the camera's lens.

The problem is that this isn't representative of how the camera would actually perform behind a car windshield, aimed through the windshield at the street. Would the IR LEDs cause reflections on the inside of the windshield? Would the IR LEDs provide better lighting than the car's own headlights?

If you would be willing to send me a sample camera, I would post a video comparing it to A118C and A119S in real-world conditions.

That was going to be my next side cam test project, using that rear side window. A simple tube camera like the B1W could work well attached to the top of the window, if you don't like the boxy mobius shape.
5 months later I finally got around to mounting the B1W in my fixed rear side window. I don't know why I waited so long - it took less than 5 minutes to install! I have just ordered another B1W for the other side of the car.
img_20180406_091206-jpg.37357

img_20180406_091442-jpg.37358

Would you mind posting a couple of pics from them, TonyM? Would love to see how wide (or narrow) this specific model captures when mounted on the side of the car ;)

My new layout on the windscreen have forced me to relocate the B1W, i have yet to decide what to do with it.
1: Move it to the rear window and retrofit it with my 8 mm lens
2: Put it on the mirror stalk as a cabin camera.

Would you mind posting a couple of pics from them, TonyM? Would love to see how wide (or narrow) this specific model captures when mounted on the side of the car ;)
How about a video?
The view is wide enough to capture the front and rear plates of a passing car.

Thanks for the video. Might consider buying one of those for the sides ;-)

Inspired by Dashmellow setup, i got an SG9665GC, and i want to add the side and rear cameras. I want 360° surveillance while parking (5hr max), but also want to be able to use the cameras to aid me to park when needed.
For that pourpose i will need to add a front facing camera, some people put it in the grill, it will be only for parking, i haven't considered to record the video from it.

For the side cameras, i just found you can get a video out from the mobius, i have a doubt if it can record video while using the video output. Also, im considering on placing the lens under the side mirros, but i think it won't help too much with the surviellance. Maybe if i put them in rear doors windows, but i want them as discrete as possible.

For the rear camera i was thinking on using the original backup camera, by spliting the video. But i haven found something useful to record the video. I also considered to replace the camera with another mobius, the main isue will be to get the video files from it, since it will be inside the trunk door. The same applies to the side cameras, in case i opt to put them inside the mirrors. An option could be to use the USB port to get the files.
To be able to switch from one source to another i could use this:
Toyota Multi Camera Video Interface For Display Radios
cs-tac-vi-g.jpg

It is to switch between three video inputs, but im figuring out how can it be used with four.

By the way i drive a 2017 tacoma DCSB

Inspired by Dashmellow setup, i got an SG9665GC, and i want to add the side and rear cameras. I want 360° surveillance while parking (5hr max), but also want to be able to use the cameras to aid me to park when needed.
For that pourpose i will need to add a front facing camera, some people put it in the grill, it will be only for parking, i haven't considered to record the video from it.

For the side cameras, i just found you can get a video out from the mobius, i have a doubt if it can record video while using the video output. Also, im considering on placing the lens under the side mirros, but i think it won't help too much with the surviellance. Maybe if i put them in rear doors windows, but i want them as discrete as possible.

For the rear camera i was thinking on using the original backup camera, by spliting the video. But i haven found something useful to record the video. I also considered to replace the camera with another mobius, the main isue will be to get the video files from it, since it will be inside the trunk door. The same applies to the side cameras, in case i opt to put them inside the mirrors. An option could be to use the USB port to get the files.
cs-tac-vi-g.jpg

It is to switch between three video inputs, but im figuring out how can it be used with four.

If you mount cameras under the side mirrors facing backwards you will capture everyone entering the vehicle and probably also great images of license plates. If you do 5fps or 10fps with a 128GB microSD, you will get significantly more retention time.

cs-tac-vi-g.jpg

I am of the opinion that trying to combine back-up/parking cameras and dash cams will not be a workable plan although I guess with the Mobius you could easily have an analogue AV output while also recording to the memory card in 1080p. That's what FPV enthusiasts do in their RC aircraft. My feeling is that you will be better off with a dedicated 4 camera or multi channel dash cam system and a separate parking camera set-up. For one thing, even if you could record the output from your existing back-up camera in the tailgate it will not be in an optimal placement for dash cam work. The same would be the case for a parking camera mounted in your front grill as it will not give you adequate dash camera coverage.

If you own an extended cab Tacoma the fixed glass rear windows offer an excellent place to mount two side cameras and the headliner or top of the rear window is an excellent place to mount a rear facing dash cam. This offers good road coverage but also provides for the ability to record and monitor your cargo which you could not accomplish with the rear back-up camera.

My feeling is that you will be better off with a dedicated 4 camera or multi channel dash cam system and a separate parking camera set-up. For one thing, even if you could record the output from your existing back-up camera in the tailgate it will not be in an optimal placement for dash cam work. The same would be the case for a parking camera mounted in your front grill as it will not give you adequate dash camera coverage.
You are right. I'm more interested in a 360° dash cam/parking surveillance, i can live without the parking camera setup.

If you own an extended cab Tacoma the fixed glass rear windows offer an excellent place to mount two side cameras and the headliner or top of the rear window is an excellent place to mount a rear facing dash cam. This offers good road coverage but also provides for the ability to record and monitor your cargo which you could not accomplish with the rear back-up camera.
I saw the pictures of your setup, and i'm trying to figure out were i can mount the side cameras but i need to get the cameras first. I have a hard tonneau cover that i rarely quit, but i understand the point of having the camera in an elevated place. I saw some setups with the rear camera mounted in the top of the rear windows.

Somebody please post costs of the small mobius or mini 0806 and if it needs to be hardwired or plug in cigarette lighter.

yeah much depend on the car at hand, my little suzuki feel really good when it come to installing dashcams, plenty of room in front of RVM - wiper on rear window, and its a 5 door and i only use 1 on a regular basis so most options are open in the sides too :)
What small side camera would you recommend in conjunction with my DC??
yeah much depend on the car at hand, my little suzuki feel really good when it come to installing dashcams, plenty of room in front of RVM - wiper on rear window, and its a 5 door and i only use 1 on a regular basis so most options are open in the sides too :)

How much is the camera and model? Does it connect to cigarette lighter? or run on battery?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/151071891306

About 70 bucks plus a cable, USB car charger and a memory card. (yes it can be powered by a cigarette lighter 12V port). There is also an option for a modestly priced user install-able super-capacitor.

The camera is available with several lens options which can also be swapped for other aftermarket lens modules.

The camera is called the Mobius 1 action camera. Avoid the Mobius 2 camera which was a failed product.

Edit. The provided eBay link is from the actual manufacturer and is a highly trustworthy seller. Be careful to avoid counterfeit clones of the Mobius action camera on eBay that have a yellow sticker on the front.

Last edited:
You are right. I'm more interested in a 360° dash cam/parking surveillance, i can live without the parking camera setup.

I saw the pictures of your setup, and i'm trying to figure out were i can mount the side cameras but i need to get the cameras first. I have a hard tonneau cover that i rarely quit, but i understand the point of having the camera in an elevated place. I saw some setups with the rear camera mounted in the top of the rear windows.

I also drive a Toyota Tacoma. My side Mobius cameras are mounted to the top of the fixed rear window frame as in the photo below. I use the C2 lens which I find ideal for this application.

Mobius-side-mount.jpg

Back