JooVuu X Camera

I've never pressed that button in over a dozen dashcams yet, except for testing part.
so many times i consider it but then the thought of editing a dumb drivers clip makes me say MEH. already have little time for my youtube videos as is. i am gonna start doing more comparisons tho.

Hi @Nigel ,
As other people have stated we have had to focus our resources, but as my mother uses a Windows phone, I have not been able to get away with it. As such, a feature on our roadmap is to create a webUI where you can customize and change your phone on the go regardless of what platform you are on. Unfortunately, we do not have the resources to do this at the same time and so the focus will be on the iOS and Android side, and then switching to this webUI.

Regarding Windows XP, as the software does not require any of the modern features/functions of Vista/7/8/8.1, running on XP should be okay, however, I cannot verify this yet and we have not tested this yet. When we have more news and compatibility we will post and update.

Microsoft brings Android, iOS apps to Windows 10
Company says that it's "building bridges" to developers on other platforms.

http://arstechnica.com/information-...rosoft-brings-android-ios-apps-to-windows-10/

Microsoft brings Android, iOS apps to Windows 10
Company says that it's "building bridges" to developers on other platforms....
I'm willing to go out on a limb and say this will probably work just as well as most other Microsoft 'solutions'. :(

I was looking at the pictures again. It looks like the lens is not protected by the lens housing. I would have a concern that placing the camera against anything might end up with a scratched lens. Maybe a slightly longer lens housing that sticks out past the lens (like 35mm cameras had) or a lens cap with a clear insert would be a good idea.

Last edited by a moderator:

We are aware of this and this is irrelevant for us. Continuing in Mobius tradition they will be using a less powerful chip than us. We chose purposefully not to compete with them regarding hardware specification. This is why as stated before our vague resemblance stops at the looks. As far as I am aware it is based on the Novatech chip rather than Ambarella, as stated we are not going to compete with them regarding hardware, ours is using high quality components pushed to get even better results.

Kind regards,

JooVuu

Last edited by a moderator:
I was looking at the pictures again. It looks like the lens is not protected by the lens housing. I would have a concern that placing the camera against anything might end up with a scratched lens. Maybe a slightly longer lens housing that sticks out past the lens (like 35mm cameras had) or a lens cap with a clear insert would be a good idea.
It's always good to be able to stand a camera on it's lens barrel without the lens actually touching anything, even if it is only 0.1mm clearance.

It's always good to be able to stand a camera on it's lens barrel without the lens actually touching anything, even if it is only 0.1mm clearance.
Maybe there should be printed warning on camera for usa market "do not put camera on any surface lens down"
Might save billion dollar lawsuit;)

I agree. All camera lenses should have a protruding lip around their perimeter to prevent damage to the front element.

I agree. All camera lenses should have a protruding lip around their perimeter to prevent damage to the front element.
Not important if it's used as dashcam but looks like JoovuuX will also morph into action cam and it's important for action cam to have some protection for the lens since it'll be in/out of pocket or mounted where it can come in contact with other things..

Not important if it's used as dashcam but looks like JoovuuX will also morph into action cam and it's important for action cam to have some protection for the lens since it'll be in/out of pocket or mounted where it can come in contact with other things..

I completely disagree. For example, I've noticed that when I take the mini 0806 camera out of my vehicle and place it down on my desk it is quite easy to have it roll over unexpectedly onto the lens surface. The design is also very prone to fingerprints on the lens when handled compared to other cameras I own, dash cam or otherwise. ALL lenses should have inherent abrasion protection as part of their design.

Even if you only move the dash cam 3 times in its life there is always a possibility you could accidentally push the lens into something solid. You might place the dash cam on the dash and bump it causing it to run into something. Lens protection is required for dash cams as there is no guarantee they will not see a minor bump and oops as can happen to any camera.

ALL lenses should have inherent abrasion protection as part of their design.

Good luck with that and easier said than done/normal.......... Keep your fingers and anything else away from any lens and the occasional polish helps.

I completely disagree. For example, I've noticed that when I take the mini 0806 camera out of my vehicle and place it down on my desk it is quite easy to have it roll over unexpectedly onto the lens surface. The design is also very prone to fingerprints on the lens when handled compared to other cameras I own, dash cam or otherwise. ALL lenses should have inherent abrasion protection as part of their design.
Of course having protection helps vs no protection.
I have quite a few with lens dome out of the housing but it's not too hard to keep that in mind while handling it and wiping finger prints is not a biggy.
Most of the time it's on the windshield where it's untouched anyways.
You need to be little more careful that's all.

Action cams on the other hand are more vulnerable to damage due to their intended use on body, bicycle etc...

Good luck with that and easier said than done/normal.......... Keep your fingers and anything else away from any lens and the occasional polish helps.

I've been handling lenses professionally for decades and most have such protection of one kind or another, either in the form of lens hoods or an integral lip.

Of course having protection helps vs no protection.
I have quite a few with lens dome out of the housing but it's not too hard to keep that in mind while handling it and wiping finger prints is not a biggy.
Most of the time it's on the windshield where it's untouched anyways.
You need to be little more careful that's all.

Action cams on the other hand are more vulnerable to damage due to their intended use on body, bicycle etc...

Still disagree with your logic.

Back