JooVuu X Camera

considering reflection being only 10% of highest spectrum, tend to argue ;)
Also, it doesn't need to be covering top (or be circular in shape)- 3/4 ("shovel shape") from bottom would be sufficient.

basically, need smokey sheet of plastic, clear two sided tape, play a bit, make the shape suitable angle of car screen and leave it there, whilst cam could be removed... or given a bit more provisions would have soft rubber washer for secure re'mounting.
?

considering reflection being only 10% of highest spectrum, tend to argue ;)
Also, it doesn't need to be covering top (or be circular in shape)- 3/4 ("shovel shape") from bottom would be sufficient.

basically, need smokey sheet of plastic, clear two sided tape, play a bit, make the shape suitable angle of car screen and leave it there, whilst cam could be removed... or given a bit more provisions would have soft rubber washer for secure re'mounting.
?

It can certainly be any shape. Some of the ones in my studio are square pleated accordion types (also called bellows or compendium type) and others are adjustable barn door types. Barn doors are usually used for lighting but some are used as lens shades. A DIY version of these would work well to do what you are talking about but they really need to be flat black. I have no idea what you mean by "reflection being only 10% of highest spectrum". This seems to make no sense in terms of how physics works. "Smoky plastic" will not give you the best of results in my opinion, but anyway, good luck with your project however you decide to go about doing it.

This is what an accordion shade looks like:
shade1.jpg

This is a barn door type:

barn door.jpg

Last edited:
Thinking this through, what I see the most is a reflection of the dashboard below, so perhaps a single "barn door" at the bottom of the field of view would work. There doesn't seem to be much problem on the sides or top.

Phil

Thinking this through, what I see the most is a reflection of the dashboard below, so perhaps a single "barn door" at the bottom of the field of view would work. There doesn't seem to be much problem on the sides or top.

Phil

My thinking is that the bottom would be the most important but blocking stray, ambient light and reflections from the sides would certainly be worthwhile if one is going to the trouble of fabricating something like this. My hunch is it may even be necessary for best image quality and contrast. I say that as someone who has spent decades doing studio and architectural camera work. I can envision something like a modified version of the three sided barn doors shown above, only upside down. Unlike a fixed cone or square bellows shade, a barn door style could easily be adjusted for individual lens focal lengths and AOV. The bellows type on the other hand could be an interesting solution though because it could be easily adjusted to be flush with the glass windshield at any rake angle.

Edit: Here is a photo of what a barn door style lens shade looks like mounted on a camera.

barn door2.jpg

Last edited:
Hey @ago
Yes it will, it will have TV out.

Hey @kevster
ETA is soon ;) we get our production standard cameras (in theory) this week, then we'll confirm the hardware and go to production for a small run. We'll continue to work on the firmware up to the release and beyond.

Cheers,

Dan

Countdown clock is touch of tease :D

Just about to pre order but questioning gps, is it integrated or separate?
Thanks

Something to buy later, and do we know the size or still in development?

The optional (prototype) GPS I'm testing has the compact GPS antenna built into / in-line with the power cigarette lighter power cord. (About 2 feet from the miniUSB plug)

Thanks. As long as it can be retro fitted, in that example it can, even if hardwired.

Back