JooVuu X Camera

Hi @Nigel ,
As other people have stated we have had to focus our resources, but as my mother uses a Windows phone, I have not been able to get away with it. As such, a feature on our roadmap is to create a webUI where you can customize and change your phone on the go regardless of what platform you are on. Unfortunately, we do not have the resources to do this at the same time and so the focus will be on the iOS and Android side, and then switching to this webUI.

Regarding Windows XP, as the software does not require any of the modern features/functions of Vista/7/8/8.1, running on XP should be okay, however, I cannot verify this yet and we have not tested this yet. When we have more news and compatibility we will post and update.
Thanks for a sensible answer :)

Note that an app for Windows 10 will run on both desktop and phone as there will no longer be separate executable files and everyone using Windows Phone will be upgraded to Windows 10 for free when it arrives, so developing a single Windows 10 app will cover a huge number of users, desktop, phone, tablet, xbox, if the Windows 7 and Windows 8 users all take advantage of the free upgrades. In a years time it will be the Windows XP compatible software which will have the low requirement so it is probably sensible to target Windows 10 when you get around to windows.

2) By simply pressing the on and off button very quickly whilst recording it will lock the last two files (the one it was recording and the one previous).
I think people expect the next file to be locked too as they often press the button in the middle of an event and want the conclusion kept, in fact in a lot of the videos that get posted people seem to press the event button when they first see something interesting developing in which case the next file is probably the most important.

I think people expect the next file to be locked too as they often press the button in the middle of an event and want the conclusion kept, in fact in a lot of the videos that get posted people seem to press the event button when they first see something interesting developing in which case the next file is probably the most important.

I would say more people press the button after the fact, very little in the way of preemptive strikes on the lock button

Note that an app for Windows 10 will run on both desktop and phone as there will no longer be separate executable files and everyone using Windows Phone will be upgraded to Windows 10 for free when it arrives, so developing a single Windows 10 app will cover a huge number of users, desktop, phone, tablet, xbox, if the Windows 7 and Windows 8 users all take advantage of the free upgrades. In a years time it will be the Windows XP compatible software which will have the low requirement so it is probably sensible to target Windows 10 when you get around to windows.

That certainly changes the game. I think this is a smart move by Microsoft and a sensible way to gain needed support everywhere. Windows Phones, Tablets, Laptops, XBox, Desktops, all compatible for apps should be nice. I think it's safe to add resources to Windows once 10 is released. (but not before)

Just thinking about beeing able to change settings via smartphone, there is many things that just support the big 2 ( android and apple )
Anyway to be honest i think i can make do with changing settings on computer just like innovv and mobius cameras.

Here's how you'll do the firmware updates over wifi and android. (joking)

NtqWjSxl.jpg

Hi everyone,
You can now sign up to receive updates (we'll be starting our blog, video blog, etc very soon), and also we'll be picking beta testers from who subscribes. Also we'll be giving people on the list 24 hours notice to pre-order before anyone else. Obviously this is way down the line but we want to get this in place so we can really start working on the camera as all the mundane but essential stuff has been completed. You can go to the bottom of the page on www.x.joovuu.com or you can click here: http://joovuu1.activehosted.com/form/1232

Kind regards,

JooVuu

Hi everyone,
You can now sign up to receive updates (we'll be starting our blog, video blog, etc very soon), and also we'll be picking beta testers from who subscribes. Also we'll be giving people on the list 24 hours notice to pre-order before anyone else. Obviously this is way down the line but we want to get this in place so we can really start working on the camera as all the mundane but essential stuff has been completed. You can go to the bottom of the page on www.x.joovuu.com or you can click here: http://joovuu1.activehosted.com/form/1232

Kind regards,

JooVuu

I submitted my email address at "Sign up for: Beta Testing & Updates" about 45mins ago and landed on what looks like an admin login page.

I just tried again on the second link you provided and it worked ok.

I've also signed up for Beta Testing and Updates on the second link provided by JooVuu.

I bought my first Mobius from JooVuu 1 year 7 months ago. It's never missed a beat, but the one aspect I find inconvenient is having to remove the card in order to do a weekly video check & download the occasional clip to my iPad.

A Wi-Fi enabled camera would be very convenient for me. Provided that it's well implemented, with smooth streaming & downloading capability. Not so easy to achieve, given the disappointing performance of the average Wi-Fi enabled DashCam.

I see that the FOV is user adjustable from 80° to 155°. This is doubtless DFOV. What's the range in HFOV?

I bought my first Mobius from JooVuu 1 year 7 months ago. It's never missed a beat, but the one aspect I find inconvenient is having to remove the card in order to do a weekly video check & download the occasional clip to my iPad.

A Wi-Fi enabled camera would be very convenient for me. Provided that it's well implemented, with smooth streaming & downloading capability. Not so easy to achieve, given the disappointing performance of the average Wi-Fi enabled DashCam.

I see that the FOV is user adjustable from 80° to 155°. This is doubtless DFOV. What's the range in HFOV?
In that aspect, I think the Xiaomi Yi has a great feature. It saves 2 clips, one at a low bitrate which allows you to view footage quickly on your phone or tablet. This, of course, is for framing or generally to see what happened. You can then download the full quality clip. In my experience none of the few WiFi cameras I have can handle WiFi viewing smoothly especially at 1080/60fps, the Yi won't play them.

I forgot to mention that while I like the form factor & layout of the JooVuuCam, it would've been nice if the external power supply socket was located on the side instead of the rear ... so much more convenient for routing the cable behind the roofliner.

I don't want to mess your business, but i was thinking if you going to brand your camera would it be a good idea to give car sticker or two with camera to put on rear window.
That would make your brand stronger and everybody in dvr community knows what that mean, and those who don't maybe start thinking...what the heck is that brand...
I just made rough fast sample to make clear what i mean, i was wondering should there be .com too but i let it be like it is.
When i buy your camera i would use small advertising sticker

Edit: i removed sample image for not confusing it to official product.

Last edited:
I forgot to mention that while I like the form factor & layout of the JooVuuCam, it would've been nice if the external power supply socket was located on the side instead of the rear ... so much more convenient for routing the cable behind the roofliner.

This question has come up before in regard to the 0806 and the Mobius. The problem with a side power connection is the issue of whether you are installing the camera in a left or right hand drive vehicle.

I would like to see a "next generation" dash cam like the JooVuu X use the new USB type C plug in the rear. A traditional straight-on plug can be connected out the back but would also allow for a single angled plug to work from both above or below. In addition, a different single angled connector would also work from both the left or right. In other words, a USB type C port on the back would allow for five directions of cable connection requiring only three types of connector.

Last edited:
Good luck with a product!

One thing I was unable to figure out. Is this an action or a dashcam? What is its main purpose?

EDIT: Seen some photos on the site, I guess its an action cam.

USB-C would be a dreamed connection for a dash cam as it can not only handle 10Gbps data & reversing plug but also 4k@60Hz, HDMI or VGA, and up to 100w... all on the same port !

http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/pcs/1401517/usb-type-c-all-we-know-on-12-inch-macbooks-new-port

On the market / app debate, if a web portal is not manageable and making apps a lot easier would'nt it be possible to start with a Chrome App to stay mostly platform agnostic ? Or simply let people overwrite a cfg text file through wifidirect or usb otg if chrome apps do not provide the required ressources ?

I still enjoy using my symbian N8 phone which has an hdmi out, a usb otg which can handle classic usb pen drive or rf keyboard & mouse and work as a hd dashcam ! OK.... I know.... There will be no symbian app too :-p

Back