New DVR207 from eBay seller estore009? 1440x1080?

Price is depending only if you buy also a SD Card.

enjoy,
Mtz

Without SD card 50,99$. This is new version DVR027. Software version and menu same as DVR207, CPU Zoran. Seller ESTORE009 rename new version from 027 to 207?

DVR001 said:
Without SD card 50,99$. This is new version DVR027. Software version and menu same as DVR207, CPU Zoran. Seller ESTORE009 rename new version from 027 to 207?

This is not confusing in any way ;)

DVR001 said:

In short estore99 is making fool of people :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
techhi said:
to me the 207 video looks grainier and not as "nice" as the 027 and in one of the videos it was "choppy" but that may be a SD card problem ?
I own two 027 and was looking to buy two 207 but now sure now
just may get two more 027 at the lower price

if this is a 027 and at $50 may go with it but looks like it has the same firmware as the 207 ?

Fine, but don't forget about the recording gaps that the 207 does not have. Those missing 2 seconds are an eternity in a collision. Just that bad glitch alone kills an 027 deal for me. If it functions for the next 5 yrs you'll have saved $2/yr but potentially miss critical video data.

Just got my DVR-207 in the mail today and took some videos. If people are interested, links are below.

Daytime

Garage

Nighttime

Was also ready to buy some ferrite chokes since everyone's been talking about interference problems but I didn't run into any. Not on FM/AM or GPS. Maybe they gave me a newer charger?

Can anyone tell me, do you have to have the stampdate? or is there a setting that allows you to choose to have it on or off?

Has anyone hooked up their DVR-207 with an HDMI cable? The HDMI cable for my TV is too big for the HDMI port on the dash cam. I'm wondering which one I need.

They normally use mini hdmi to hdmi cables, can buy them easily on eBay, dx.com etc for a few dollars

jokiin said:
They normally use mini hdmi to hdmi cables, can buy them easily on eBay, dx.com etc for a few dollars

I also grabbed a regular HDMI at first and then opened the door and noticed it was a mini. Some tablet devices use them as well.
inqqoh.jpg

Here is what jokiin had mentioned.

But for what you will use the HDMI cable? You are taking out the camera from the mount and go in the house to watch a video? You will keep the camera in the hands when you want to go to some video?

enjoy,
Mtz

I just want to hook up the dash cam straight to my TV. Easier than watching it on a smaller screen like a PC monitor or the dash cam itself.

Got mine today from estore009, perfect shape, factory box, all accessories, etc. Went to fire it up, put in battery and SD card, powered up immediately on plug-in, showed welcome screen, then turned off. Tried again with a couple other batteries, same thing. THEN, I tried a different SD card, and everything worked fine. Went back and reformatted my original SD card, plopped it in, as all worked perfectly. So beware of cards you may have just taken out of your camera or other device, the format they use may not be compatible with the DVR207's needs. You can always check it for functionality by not putting in any SD card, and if it all comes up well, it's your SD card's format. I did mine as FAT 32 on my Mac and it worked like a charm. Hope this is helpful.

PS: I also found that when powering it off, you need to hold down the power button for a couple of seconds until you see their "Goodbye" message.

shafferb0b1 said:
PS: I also found that when powering it off, you need to hold down the power button for a couple of seconds until you see their "Goodbye" message.

It should power off itself when the ignition is switched off (it takes a few seconds for it to finalize recording before powering down). It might be possible that your lighter socket is an "always on" socket and not wired into the "Accessory" wiring of the vehicle. If that is the case you could rewire it yourself or get an Auto Electrician to do it.

If you decide to stick with powering it off yourself it would be a good idea to invest in a battery protector to stop the camera from draining your vehicle battery, just in case you forget to power it down.

Cheers :) Mario

The biggest problem with these cameras is that some of us (all of us?) are facing intermittent and unpredictable shutdowns during which the unit becomes unresponsive to controls and need to have the battery removed before it will function again.

I have contacted the seller.

Back