Panorama X2 firmware 1.02.04 (Power Control Calibrated/Measured Values raised, Increased Stability)

After latest "saga" with v1.02.04, for one week I was testing and monitoring constantly v1.01.09 with no major issues when using 64Gb Transcend 300x microsd cards. Yesterday I went to the next ( FW v1.02.01 ) and after overnight parking I got freeze logo in the morning before starting a car engine. I dont remember having a freeze logo with this FW in the past, but strangely this time it happened now in the morning. During day I was driving / parking twice and did not had freeze logo any more.
Anyway, I will try out v1.02.01 for another few days and if will be getting a freeze logo again, then I roll back to v1.01.09 which has been most stable firmware so far and this means that somewhere between v1.01.09 and v1.02.01 something went wrong from engineers side and kept continuing till v1.02.04. I least we can find that "breaking pint" where need to start looking for causes.

Just downgraded to 1.01.09. I made sure the engine was on and it completed first time for the first time, so thanks for that tip! I also formatted the cards, puked the power, restarted and formatted again. Here's hoping all goes well

There is something definitely screwy with the latest firmware. I ended up finally totally disabling all parking mode features and the stability has increased (no more card corruption). However, I was driving earlier and while stuck in traffic the X2 decided to randomly reboot ???. I lost about a minute worth of footage. Reliability really needs to be addressed.

I'll try downgrading to 1.01.09 as other users appear to see it as stable.

I just wanted to report that I down-graded my X2 to version 1.01.09 just over a week ago and those nasty lock-up problems have disappeared, and the camera is again recording video (old news to some). One thing I failed to mention is that with version 1.01.09 and earlier, my X2 was warm to the touch (toasty) when powered. However, with version 1.02.04, and during a lock-up, my X2 was absolutely hot to the touch. I am guessing that the temperature was 20 degrees F warmer. That speaks well of the thermal characteristic performance of the X2.

Thanks for the update. The developer (SungMoon Jang) is starting from this known stable 1.01.09 build and is currently pin pointing what went wrong before adding the other new 1.02.xx fixes.

In other good general (all) Panorama IMx322 news I'm told a new additional night performance boost trick was recently discovered by his other PQ sensor engineer. Nothing to share at this time but sounded good so though I'd drop a nice rumor/hint. (Stay tuned as I learn more) More importantly the X2 stability needs to be sorted first but innovation is still happening across all Panorama products as always.

I downgraded from 01.02.04 to 01.02.03 instead and my x2 has been working with no visible issues.

Question :

When I switch my firmware to Korean language I get fancy Korean voice prompts for start-up, recording start, recording stop, etc. :D

Why are there no voice prompts when I switch to English language? :eek: (That would be cool)

I downgraded from 01.02.04 to 01.02.03 instead and my x2 has been working with no visible issues.

Question :

When I switch my firmware to Korean language I get fancy Korean voice prompts for start-up, recording start, recording stop, etc. :D

Why are there no voice prompts when I switch to English language? :eek: (That would be cool)

Very good, yes I asked about this. The voices were a special request for the local Korean market customer reseller. There are no plans to bring any other voices at this time. :)

Very good, yes I asked about this. The voices were a special request for the local Korean market customer reseller. There are no plans to bring any other voices at this time. :)

What!? :confused:

I will gladly pay $100 USD to have someone add the voice prompts in English or I can have one of my Korean friends translate and create the voice files for you. :(

I am sure the code is already in the firmware, it only needs English voice files and someone to change the line that says "if Lang = "Korean" then voice prompts = "yes" else voice prompts = "hell no" :eek:

I'm on 1.01.09 and having left my car in a car park for about 5 hours this afternoon, the camera shut itself off while I was away and turned on fine on ignition. BDP is off and parking time is 12 hours. Anyone else had this issue?

Any progress on the new firmware? I discovered that it needs a longer shutdown delay even while using a standalone BDP device.

Firmware 1.02.03.

Has anyone seen the issue where the entire screen goes white when you try to go into the rear camera video list? I have seen it three times and the unit no longer responds. A shutdown is required.

Try to go back to v1.01.09

I will eventually. v1.02.03 seems to work fine for me 95% of the time.

Just reporting in case it was an unknown issue.

I will eventually. v1.02.03 seems to work fine for me 95% of the time.

Just reporting in case it was an unknown issue.
There were few issues with 1.02.03, some are known, some are still "hidden".

Back