SG9665GC firmware updates and pre release access

I very much appreciate the updates but damn these rapid fire releases means a lot of climbing into trucks for me! Developing thighs like Hurcules at this rate lol

So, for Beta 22, if I don't want it using the lower part of the frame (i.e. my hood and dash) for AE, what option would that be?
Or what would be best to prevent contrast blowout?

So, for Beta 22, if I don't want it using the lower part of the frame (i.e. my hood and dash) for AE, what option would that be?...

use the low cut setting
JMO but that feels a bit counter-intuitive to me. By that I mean one has to select LOW to ignore the lower portion of the frame. It would seem to me that the selection (LOW, MIDDLE, HIGH, LEFT, RIGHT, CENTER, AVERAGE, etc.) would be to indicate where you wanted the AE to be prioritized.

Edit: In thinking about this for a few minutes it seems the options themselves are 'confused'. 'LOW' means ignore the lower portion of the frame while AVERAGE means use the average. :confused:

Edit 2: Or is it just a matter of my thinking being 'confused' 'cause it's getting late?

Last edited:
Average has been renamed Full Frame as that's what it uses, the full frame of the picture

Low Cut deletes the bottom of the picture from the AE table calculation, meaning the low section is cut from the table

Center Cut I will probably rename, it cuts the lowest section but also reduces the weighting in the upper section and has increased weighting in the center of the image, the center weighting has been reduced from the prior values though

I think the Full Frame and Low Cut are easy enough to follow, Center Cut though I may change back to Center Weighted, it's not center weighted as per the normal values but it's something similar and otherwise not easy to describe, main thing is the short name is something you can understand, detailed explanations can be added in the manual

Open to suggestions though

Fair enough. I'm not using that F/W yet so I haven't seen the specific verbiage being used - just what's been referenced in this thread.

Average has been renamed Full Frame as that's what it uses, the full frame of the picture

Low Cut deletes the bottom of the picture from the AE table calculation, meaning the low section is cut from the table

Center Cut I will probably rename, it cuts the lowest section but also reduces the weighting in the upper section and has increased weighting in the center of the image, the center weighting has been reduced from the prior values though

I think the Full Frame and Low Cut are easy enough to follow, Center Cut though I may change back to Center Weighted, it's not center weighted as per the normal values but it's something similar and otherwise not easy to describe, main thing is the short name is something you can understand, detailed explanations can be added in the manual

Open to suggestions though

Center Cut and Low Cut sound sort of like cuts of beef. :p

Low Cut sounds logical to those of us who are familiar with the reason for the setting but might be confusing to anyone new to the camera platform.

Although entirely impractical of course, instead of "Low Cut" I like the ring of "No Low". :D

Center Cut and Low Cut sound sort of like cuts of beef. :p

Low Cut sounds logical to those of us who are familiar with the reason for the setting but might be confusing to anyone new to the camera platform.

Although entirely impractical of course, instead of "Low Cut" I like the ring of "No Low". :D

I can explain it further in the manual so it's really only the short name that needs to indicate what the setting is for, I could have called it Dash Cut but I think @Feitelijk might think I was naming it after you and then want his own menu name :p

I can explain it further in the manual so it's really only the short name that needs to indicate what the setting is for, I could have called it Dash Cut but I think @Feitelijk might think I was naming it after you and then want his own menu name :p

Seriously, yes I think a simple explanation in the owner's manual, perhaps with a graphic showing the parameters would probably be all that is needed.

Also, let's test the new modes out first. Yes?

Seriously, yes I think a simple explanation in the owner's manual, perhaps with a graphic showing the parameters would probably be all that is needed.

Also, let's test the new modes out first. Yes?

well they certainly need testing and are in no way considered to be final if further adjustments are deemed necessary, the naming of them will be indicative of the effect regardless and something I need to decide on for the manual even if they will still be further fine tuned so the brainstorming of the naming convention is still helpful

Does the low cut ignore about 1/3 of the bottom of the picture? or more like a 1/4?

Does the low cut ignore about 1/3 of the bottom of the picture? or more like a 1/4?

it's somewhere in between that (not exactly but near enough), should better suit those that have dark cars where a lot of the hood is visible and allow you to pull the camera aim down further without it having a heavy impact on the upper sections

the center option may also be viable for some people depending on how you prefer to aim your camera

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R SG9665GC 1
Brent. SG9665GC 17
A SG9665GC 100
jokiin SG9665GC 24
jokiin SG9665GC 154
Back