it's very difficult to accommodate every install possibility but I think we've covered what we can, if we find there's some type of common rear cam install we can't manage we'd probably have to look at having another rear cam option
Don't forget that some of us are quite resourceful when it comes to mounting rear view cameras. There's plenty of DIY mods on display in these forums :)

Don't forget that some of us are quite resourceful when it comes to mounting rear view cameras. There's plenty of DIY mods on display in these forums :)

the reality is there's a lot of variation when it comes to the rear cam install so you try and cover as many scenarios as possible, a good installer can work wonders though, the best option isn't always the easiest option

Any bitrate increase over the SG9665GC? What capacity microSD will be required for 8 hours recording?

we haven't finalised bitrate settings yet, would probably need 128gb for 8 hours worth of 2 channel video
So realistically we would need 200-256gb to have enough for 8-10 hours when parked for the day, leaving spare for event recordings etc. They're not particularly cheap. That would be one reason to consider using only a single camera when parked.

256gb cards won't be supported yet, SDK will need further updates before that will be possible, right now the cards are too expensive for most people to even consider so not really a concern at this stage, we have other things to do before we worry about that

I realise that the primary function of the dashcam is a driving recorder, not a parking recorder. It's useful to understand the limitations in terms of SDK and card capacity for those who may want to run a dual-camera setup all day. FWIW, I'd rather have high-quality driving recordings than compromise on the the bitrate like some other manufacturers do.

Last edited:
our primary concern at the moment is the performance as a driving recorder, when we first did the GC it could only support 32GB cards and was a lot more basic, it will take time to iron things out and increase functionality etc, need to get the basics how we want them before we can get stuck into adding features and functions

our primary concern at the moment is the performance as a driving recorder, when we first did the GC it could only support 32GB cards and was a lot more basic, it will take time to iron things out and increase functionality etc, need to get the basics how we want them before we can get stuck into adding features and functions
+1

Right!
I'm still waiting for a system, one (or two) cam(s), that can record usual HD recording back and front at least, daytime, with usual cards, preferably standard size, but starting and stopping with the car, not a battery-based sportscam.
Do I get you tired of this?:rolleyes: Niko, after all you did for me, you can shoot first :)

My car have a vertical window in the rear, and i will go thru hell and high water to install a camera back there :D
But i am quite resourceful and my friend literally have a house and 2 garages full of things that might become a camera mount in some way.

My car have a vertical window in the rear, and i will go thru hell and high water to install a camera back there :D
But i am quite resourceful and my friend literally have a house and 2 garages full of things that might become a camera mount in some way.
Yes, but it would be nice if it worked out-of-the-box. I'm still trying to figure out the best use for my NX-01 which aims above the horizon when I use the supplied mount!!

The difference here is that I paid just over twenty dollars USD each for my two power banks and they have performed flawlessly for fully three years now as of this month compared to well over 300 dollars for a Cellink-B. Plugging them in once or twice a day and recharging overnight has been a worthwhile endeavor.
It's an all in one package that deals with 12V/5V conversions. Otherwise go for the gusto with something like the Anker 26800mAh pack, add your own 12V > 5V conversion, a switch from one power source to the other if desired, a diode for charging, etc, and go nuts: https://www.amazon.com/gp/B01JIWQPMW
Having some sort of internal volatile RAM buffer that only gets written to microSD when a trigger occurs (g-sensor, motion, whatever) for parking mode would be a legitimately valuable feature. Personally I would install a kill switch so that when I park the vehicle at home where it can stay for days at a time I can cut power to it altogether, and only re-enable it when out and about.

Back