So is there any dashcam tech that would help in the event of your car being stolen? The video and GPS track saved by the camera are only useful if you can recover that data.

that reminds me, how has it been going?
been procrastinating about getting a simcard now, its sitting on my table ready to go but no simcard. now I think about it I have one that expired I can use maybe, I will look into it this afternoon see if I can get it working. but that meitrack one is perfect in every way so far.
told me when the airbags were finished in the mazda last week.
the service department told me it would be 3-4 hours to do the job, I told them, no, if they cant do it within an hour something is wrong and I wanted to wait around for it, but he said no, wont be done until after lunch. so stuff arguing, I got their courtesy coach home. as I got home I got the SMS saying the battery was disconnected, so they started work on it. looked up the location and it was in the workshop. 45 minutes later battery was connected again, got another SMS, and 5 minutes later it was driven out of the workshop .
10 minutes later I called up and asked if the job was done, they went to see, told me no it would be another couple of hours. I asked why has it been driven into the workshop and out again an hour later like it was finished?. so he went and had a look and 10 minutes later called me back and said yes it was done and would get the courtesy bus to come pick me up.
like what a waste of resources and time, I could have waited around no worries. idiots.

I'm still wondering whether this thread was started in honor of April Fool's Day, but I don't see the prank part materializing yet..

I'm still wondering whether this thread was started in honor of April Fool's Day, but I don't see the prank part materializing yet..

probably just appears that way due to amount of off topic posts, but yes, the camera is quite real, we're just in the final stages now

The new "DC" dashcam is very real. The only made up "DC" is...... :)

SjMAJ7L.png

Does the GCv3 CPL fit the DC, front and/or rear?

I recall from an earlier discussion that the front & rear video will be recorded as separate files - is this correct? And pressing the event button will save both front&rear current video clips?

I was born on a Friday the 13th, so I don't mind supporting a 666 product :)
Hear, hear! In no time the camera's name would be shortened to just 666, instead of DC. YEAH! \m/ \m/ :D

I hope the range of vertical angle adjustment on the rear camera will permit fixing to the rear headliner, in addition to mounting on the rear window.

I hope the range of vertical angle adjustment on the rear camera will permit fixing to the rear headliner, in addition to mounting on the rear window.

I think this would work in most situations, there is at least 90 degrees of vertical lens adjustment, I have the camera mounted to my tailgate rather than the glass as it was more appropriate for my vehicle

I think this would work in most situations, there is at least 90 degrees of vertical lens adjustment, I have the camera mounted to my tailgate rather than the glass as it was more appropriate for my vehicle
Thanks, that sounds promising.

Thanks, that sounds promising.

it's very difficult to accommodate every install possibility but I think we've covered what we can, if we find there's some type of common rear cam install we can't manage we'd probably have to look at having another rear cam option

That's the nice thing about the rear camera being something plugged in. A secondary optional alternative rear camera system can be explored in the future perhaps. (If needed)

Back