Street Guardian SGZC12RC Remote Lens, Sony Exmor IMX322, WDR

The only downside with microphone location inside main unit is that sound will NOT be recorded if main unit is hidden inside glove box...[emoji17]

Is it possible to connect remote microphone?

The only downside with microphone location inside main unit is that sound will NOT be recorded if main unit is hidden inside glove box...[emoji17]

Is it possible to connect remote microphone?

Yeah, that what I meant.
Unfortunately with present configuration there are no external mic options.
For DIY enthusiasts it is be possible to unsolder internal microphone and "extend" it to outside, but this will void a warranty !!!

they haven't turned up yet, they're with DHL still, they'll just come through to us with no notification though as we have pre clearance with them
so someone can slip a bag of ice in it and not be noticed as it doesn't come through customs?? then your a rich boy.

so someone can slip a bag of ice in it and not be noticed as it doesn't come through customs?? then your a rich boy.

still comes through customs, we just have pre clearance so we save a few days where internally they stuff around with paperwork and customs payment, we get invoiced for that a few weeks later

ok, thought that might be too good to be true slipping by customs just in case of that scenario.
so what happens when they arrive? will it have your firmware on it or do you have to organise that yourself?

ok, thought that might be too good to be true slipping by customs just in case of that scenario.
so what happens when they arrive? will it have your firmware on it or do you have to organise that yourself?

our base firmware is loaded, we'll look at what's needed or what we want to improve once they've had some time in the hands of end users, the default capabilities are pretty close to our other models though already

Sorry if this was mentioned before but: there is or not a led on the lens body to show the camera is recording? And second: the lens will have the same transparent mount or they painted it in black ? And third: I understood that the first released will be the model without GPS included within the main camera body, is this meaning that the body got a little smaller? Thanks!

Last edited:
Sorry if this was mentioned before but: there is or not a led on the lens body to show the camera is recording? And second: the lens will have the same transparent mount or they painted it in black ? And third: I understood that the first released will be the model without GPS included within the main camera body, is this meaning that the body got a little smaller? Thanks!

Green led on the camera.
Transparent mount.
Size and shape of main unit is same.

@niko: thank you very much! So, you'll have to open the glove box to see if the camera is recording ;)

@niko: thank you very much! So, you'll have to open the glove box to see if the camera is recording ;)
If main unit is in glove box then yes, but there are many other places where to mount it depending on a car model. Some examples I have listed on the 1st page of this thread.

I was ;) because the first place presented by you was the ... glove box!

I was ;) because the first place presented by you was the ... glove box!

Yeah, no you "blaiming" me ? [emoji6]

Actually I will try to used for my project a
PMMA plastic endpoint emitting star light fiber optic / fibre wire to "extend" blue LED on the main unit and "relocate" it to visible place in case main unit is hidden in a glove box.

uploadfromtaptalk1423823039637.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1423823049297.jpg

Back