Viofo A119 Car DVR factory sample tests

That does seem like an improvement for sure. It is night here now so will check it out tomorrow.

Actually looks like mobius is blue now and the A119 is more realistic.

That does seem like an improvement for sure. It is night here now so will check it out tomorrow.

Actually looks like mobius is blue now and the A119 is more realistic.

I think the mobius is slightly blue, at least it shows in the sky. The accurate image seems to be somewhere between these two. The mobius is brighter, to me a more usable image in this situation.

Bumped the exposure to the first '-' setting. Not seeing an improvement. Will set it back to '0'

marten.JPG

marten2.JPG

most of the town is flooded so i won't be doing any driving today. haven't upgraded yet. does it still beep when you click the ! button to lock a file? i realize my request came in too late for it to possibly be implemented in the fw just posted, but i'm still curious. :)

Cooking lunch and editing video .... ( Multi tasking )

First video ...

Reactions: Mtz
Seems like it still beeps. Tried it once while driving.

Here is some night video with the 041816 firmware upgrade.
The road is very dark, it's raining, and the truck far ahead of me is a tanker of some sort that just entered the road a while back with it's flashers on. I'm not sure if it's broken down, or just has the flashers on while it's getting speed up, so I hold back.
The pickup behind me is in a hurry, though.

I tried the beep function using the lock file button. The camera saves 20 secs of video and beeps every 2 secs for a total of 10 beeps. I think that is just fine IMHO.
The motion detect is perfect now in my opinion, not too sensitive but just enough to catch significant movement. While parked at the side of the road passing motorbikes and cars activated it, while the A118C did not. In a parking lot people passing in front of the car activated the A119, but again not the 118C. I would still like to see a way to vary the time the camera records after a motion detect.

Here is some night video with the 041816 firmware upgrade.

That is pretty much my experience as well for the night with the new FW. I still find it has a green tone to it, but maybe that is normal in low light.

Always will be some tint color the white balance can not be perfect. But from all color tints I like the most blue. Then green, then yellow (red), last being very ugly in my opinion.
The motion detect is perfect now in my opinion, not too sensitive but just enough to catch significant movement.
Yes, but I expect the Motion Detect to be used to detect people around the car. The best solution is to have motion detect with options, the Very Sensitive to be much more sensitive just to detect even people around car, Sensitive like is now and Less Sensitive to be like previous firmware when this option was very good to use in drive mode when camera is connected to a permanent power and is recording only when car is running.

does it still beep when you click the ! button to lock a file?
The G-Sensor options are to save file when car have some impact. For severe impacts I think is better the camera to beep because is telling that there is a device doing something. The beep is also good because will remind you that when you arrive at home to delete some locked files.

enjoy,
Mtz

Hello @Mtz :can you confirm that your A119, after updating to the latest FW, is recording only at 1920 x 1080 @ 30 fps?

after updating to the latest FW, is recording only at 1920 x 1080 @ 30 fps?

I reported on my thread about this. If I select 60FPS the camera locks up, the buttons do nothing. So yes, only 30 FPS

The best solution is to have motion detect with options, the Very Sensitive to be much more sensitive just to detect even people around car, Sensitive like is now and Less Sensitive to be like previous firmware when this option was very good to use in drive mode when camera is connected to a permanent power and is recording only when car is running.

I agree, sensitivity options would be good, but the level set now I find to be just right for me.

I reported on my thread about this. If I select 60FPS the camera locks up, the buttons do nothing. So yes, only 30 FPS
Yes I saw it and I also posted my same findings on my A119 thread. I asked Mtz since his A119 is older than ours and, I guest, has a minor different hardware.

Yes I saw it and I also posted my same findings on my A119 thread. I asked Mtz since his A119 is older than ours and, I guest, has a minor different hardware.

Ok, well I was able to record at 60FPS on the original FW, this 30PFS problem only happened after upgrading to the new FW.

Yes, I confirm, my camera is working in the same way as reported. First time I was thinking that 1080p 30FPS is the default setting for camera.
I expect today or tomorrow to have a new firmware.

enjoy,
Mtz

That is pretty much my experience as well for the night with the new FW. I still find it has a green tone to it, but maybe that is normal in low light.
We noticed that the blue issue in low light condition, will be improved in next version.
Also we plan to add a little bright for daytime video.

most of the town is flooded so i won't be doing any driving today. haven't upgraded yet. does it still beep when you click the ! button to lock a file? i realize my request came in too late for it to possibly be implemented in the fw just posted, but i'm still curious. :)
Plan to show a big ! icon while lock the file with 3 beep instead of long beep.

Back