Viofo A119 Car DVR factory sample tests

Waiting for the next firmware !
:)

I did comparison between A119 and A119S 2 weeks ago.
a119-1.jpg a119s-1.jpg a119-2.jpg a119s-2.jpg

Both are looking good but I wonder if the A119 could be tweaked to match the A119S brightness?

Both are looking good but I wonder if the A119 could be tweaked to match the A119S brightness?
Latest A119 FW added brightness for daytime video, according to my check, it is better than posted above.

Will post video in ( how much sleep do I need ) hours ...

Wait for A119S night video comparison.

Ok, well I was able to record at 60FPS on the original FW, this 30PFS problem only happened after upgrading to the new FW.

Confirmed. fullhd@60 fps does not work BUT no beep or alert or error message (and REC key was lighten as during standard recording). Just no rec icon (red circle) in the header bar when display is up. So please double check this, if for any reason recording is not working it should beep ...

I'll update to the 3rd firmware version asap

Last edited:
Confirmed. fullhd@60 fps does not work BUT no beep or alert or error message (and REC key was lighten as during standard recording). Just no rec icon (red circle) in the header bar when display is up. So please double check this, if for any reason recording is not working it should beep ...

I'll update to the 3rd firmware version asap
1080p60 working fine in the April 26 firmware.

Yes, I can also confirm that 1920 x 1090 @ 60fps is working on my A119 sample using the April 26th FW.

If somebody have any plan to make a detailed review for the A119 camera on YouTube or in this forum my suggestion is to wait for final version because is possible that some things like charger or lens to be changed. @viofo can tell if something will be changed after all feedback until now.

Beta testers should always update to latest firmware before making any test because is expected that a beta-tester to be experienced and more careful about reports. Beta-testers are using beta-firmwares, no?

enjoy,
Mtz

Last edited:
@Mtz is right. A beta-tester of a beta dash cam unit, using beta hardware and beta firmware should have a well balanced position. His report on how the dash cam is working should present the facts without any strong criticism or strong endorsement.

one thing i've done to keep track of what version firmware i have is to actually put it in the "car no" section. that way it's immediately obvious which version was used to record that specific footage. you folks may want to start doing this as well, just to make it easy to know which firmware was running when the footage was recorded.

vlcsnap-2016-05-02-14h36m20s245-jpg.22869

one thing i've done to keep track of what version firmware i have is to actually put it in the "car no" section....
I've been doing that for some time now and it really helps - especially when you have multiple cameras running different versions. :eek:

Just remind me... what is the "S" for, in 119S?

One version from here?

enjoy,
Mtz

Back