VIOFO's A119S

Hmmm, not good. Still work to do @viofo.

Same car icon I reported before firmware V2.2 here: https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/a119s-firmware-v2-1.30638/page-3#post-366854. Note that this particular car icon is not used anywhere on a working A119 or A119S, or at least I couldn't find it.

Hmmm, the good news, at least for folks that read Dashcamtalk. But all in all, still a serious problem.

I seriously thought they had nailed it this time but indeed more investigation and fixing required.

Hope a definitive fix is rolled out soon, been quite some time now.

I seriously though they had nailed it this time but indeed more investigation and fixing required.

Hope a definitive fix is rolled out soon, been quite some time now.
Do you have just the one A119S, or do you have 2?

@viofo

No XXXXXX boxes this time but similar behaviour, unresponsive to clicks and the screen fades slowly on removing power. I've seen similar garbling of the screen in conjunction with the X-boxes and this one also happened on startup.

A car icon can be seen on the screen, Parking Mode, Motion Detect, LDWS and FCWS were all OFF.

Saving grace is that with this one firmware reload is not necessary, menu can be accessed by turning the camera ON without the Micro SD card and can be reset to defaults.

problem with the CMOS ribbon cable can also cause this behavior, might not be firmware related

Also I'd opened up the unit recently and reseated the cable.

XXXX issue should be fixed in V2.2 version, we have a backup solution for this.
For the screen issue, it is caused by the ribbon cable connection, we have done some improvement, but still looking for better solution.

XXXX issue should be fixed in V2.2 version, we have a backup solution for this.
For the screen issue, it is caused by the ribbon cable connection, we have done some improvement, but still looking for better solution.
So, for the next person to encounter this problem, would you suggest re-seating the sensor ribbon cable connection to the main board before trying anything else? Or re-seat both ends?

Re-seating both ends instead of just one means more 2 minutes to work.

Back