VIOFO's A119S

Is that one fine? Because i’m going to visit a friend in germany soon so he can order it for me.

https://www.amazon.de/gp/B01N0XFNFL
I would suggest if you haven't done so, check with supplier to find out what version of Firmware.
We know it is GPS capable but does it include the GPS module?
Also, did you notice there is no CPL Filter included?
Best of luck with your new A119S when you receive it.
It's an excellent dash cam.

oh, haven’t seen qbout the gps, i thought its included. thanks.
the problem is that in the german site there is no other offers or at least i dont see. if you have other suggestions ill be thankful.

oh, haven’t seen qbout the gps, i thought its included. thanks.
the problem is that in the german site there is no other offers or at least i dont see. if you have other suggestions ill be thankful.

Don’t assume anything.
Contact the Seller and ask some questions:
What is the Firmware Version Number?
What is the lens specifications?
Is GPS Logger Support included or optional?
What comes in the package?
Does it include the 3M VHB pad (GPS to windshield) and 3M EVA Foam pad (GPS to Camera)?
Is a CPL Filter optional or included, is it snap on or stick on type of filter?.
Is the unit in stock and can the delivery coincide with your visit to Germany?
They maybe a good seller but their ad isn’t as descriptive as most sellers.
A good seller appreciates questions, it gives them a chance to be more descriptive and helpful and hopefully make a sale and have a new customer.

Last edited:
Yup........ And don't forget the serial number on the back which can be traced surely

When i go to the viofo website and click the link for UK its this one:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/B01N0XFNFL
the anme if the retailer is the same as the one in amazon.de but i’ll still contact them. Hope everything is fine and the dont want me to ask them in german :D

When i go to the viofo website and click the link for UK its this one:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/B01N0XFNFL
the anme if the retailer is the same as the one in amazon.de but i’ll still contact them. Hope everything is fine and the dont want me to ask them in german :D
I thought you were talking about EURO sites and not UK, I mentioned links to Viofo outlet in Romania and Poland

Link to Viofo- Poland
http://www.viofo.com.pl/

Link to Viofo- Romania
http://viofo.ro/

yeah i have seen them, but the delivery will be expensive for me-25-30euro, thats why im searching germany so i can get it while i’m there. UK is an option also, because my brother is there and he can bring it for christmas :))

yeah i have seen them, but the delivery will be expensive for me-25-30euro, thats why im searching germany so i can get it while i’m there. UK is an option also, because my brother is there and he can bring it for christmas :))
I'm not familiar with shipping services in that part of the world.
You've got lots of time so I'm sure you'll have it sorted out before Christmas.
Good luck with your shopping endeavours.

thanks. just got the reply from the retailer: “Yes, it includes the GPS mount and it is V2 (the latest version of A119S)”
I guess thats what i need ? a filter would be nice too but that i can get later i guess :)

From Romania to Bulgaria the shipping is cheaper but I don't know if they can sell outside Romania because of their stupid laws.

enjoy,
Mtz

Hi. I'm interested to buy this dashcam but i need specially of the parking mode function and i have some questions :
1) how the parking mode work?
2) the video captured with the g-sensor (for example during an incident or after a kick during the parking) are archived in a protected folder or they can be rewrite as the other video in loop recording?
3) are there any particular microSD to work or every microSD works well?

Thank to everyone!

Inviato dal mio SM-G935F utilizzando Tapatalk

Hi. I'm interested to buy this dashcam but i need specially of the parking mode function and i have some questions :
1) how the parking mode work?
2) the video captured with the g-sensor (for example during an incident or after a kick during the parking) are archived in a protected folder or they can be rewrite as the other video in loop recording?
3) are there any particular microSD to work or every microSD works well?

Thank to everyone!

Inviato dal mio SM-G935F utilizzando Tapatalk

1) https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/a119s-parking-mode-beta.30026/

2) Locked files remain protected.

3) Most work well, avoid red/grey SanDisk.

1) https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/a119s-parking-mode-beta.30026/

2) Locked files remain protected.

3) Most work well, avoid red/grey SanDisk.

Oh, thanks a lot!
I've been reading around the web that the parking mode function on the VIFIO (A119 and A119S) was coming out recently and then still "immature" and improving.
Only I did not understand what they meant by immature, that is if it did not work right or if it just had something to perfect.

1) Then, to see the video, the parking mode function (if it is also powered by a key switched off) is activated only when it sees movement, otherwise the camera remains idle, correct?
2) Do the video that registers after the physical movement (through the g-sensor) are placed in a protected folder automatically or should we personally intervene to do so? (my question is that if I leave the car stationed all night and one hits me and I'm not there physically I could risk that the video in question would be overwritten)
3) ok, i asked for the microSD because i've read that some Chinese dashcams work for a short time with some microsd then stop recording because they are made to work only with specific models.
So if i put a Samsung Evo MicroSD Class 10 64Gb then okay?

Thank you

Oh, thanks a lot!
I've been reading around the web that the parking mode function on the VIFIO (A119 and A119S) was coming out recently and then still "immature" and improving.
Only I did not understand what they meant by immature, that is if it did not work right or if it just had something to perfect.

1) Then, to see the video, the parking mode function (if it is also powered by a key switched off) is activated only when it sees movement, otherwise the camera remains idle, correct?
2) Do the video that registers after the physical movement (through the g-sensor) are placed in a protected folder automatically or should we personally intervene to do so? (my question is that if I leave the car stationed all night and one hits me and I'm not there physically I could risk that the video in question would be overwritten)
3) ok, i asked for the microSD because i've read that some Chinese dashcams work for a short time with some microsd then stop recording because they are made to work only with specific models.
So if i put a Samsung Evo MicroSD Class 10 64Gb then okay?

Thank you

1) In my limited testing of the Beta Parking Mode firmware, movement within the FOV doesn't always trigger full-frame recording.

2) G-sensor events are locked and protected.

3) Samsung EVO should be fine, I'm using a 64GB too. Make sure the card is genuine.

1) In my limited testing of the Beta Parking Mode firmware, movement within the FOV doesn't always trigger full-frame recording.

2) G-sensor events are locked and protected.

3) Samsung EVO should be fine, I'm using a 64GB too. Make sure the card is genuine.
Ok. Thanks a lot!
Also a question
Does the camera detect the motion when it is in the parking mode that it starts to record and the LCD screen lights up?
Can i prevent the screen from turning on, but it still remains off even when it is in parking mode? (because he senses in the middle of the night you see a light in the vehicle and we may fall in the eye of some passer not very well-intentioned :))
Thank you

Ok. Thanks a lot!
Also a question
Does the camera detect the motion when it is in the parking mode that it starts to record and the LCD screen lights up?
Can i prevent the screen from turning on, but it still remains off even when it is in parking mode? (because he senses in the middle of the night you see a light in the vehicle and we may fall in the eye of some passer not very well-intentioned :))
Thank you

Screen stays OFF, colour of the LED changes (from what I remember).

in this video about the A119 (that i think has the same parking mode of A119S) camera go in stand-by, but when it see the motion the LCD lights up (from 0:56 to 1:24)

in this video about the A119 (that i think has the same parking mode of A119S) camera go in stand-by, but when it see the motion the LCD lights up (from 0:56 to 1:24)

There was talk of something similar, don't remember which thread or if it was the A119 or A119S. Search for Parking Mode threads, you should be able to find the posts I'm referring to.

There was talk of something similar, don't remember which thread or if it was the A119 or A119S. Search for Parking Mode threads, you should be able to find the posts I'm referring to.
I looked for and i find this link at post #105 https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/viofos-a119s.26309/page-6?
But that he spoke about was a bug? Because Viofo understand about a bug but for my opinion he, as me too, wanted only a stealth mode in way from the outside during the night don't see the screen of the camera that light up bacuse of motion detection.

Back