XIAOMI Yi ELF Files to Unbrick Camera

in step 11 to 12.
the program yisportcam show done.
but i waiting at the same time watching movie.
but not sound 3 beep.
if i turn on camera, it will be beep beep like update manual.
but my problem is i get SN 22, i used file 1.2.6 22L.
did i do wrong????

Did you install the fresh FW from xiaoyi upgrade site after the ELF file restore?

Did you install the fresh FW from xiaoyi upgrade site after the ELF file restore?
i do it, i update manual from file 1.2.10 22L.
but the SN still not change.
i afraid to use my camera.
it always be bricked after i used it for a few minutes.
11912903_728129283966160_1106554260_n.jpg

BTW will there be any problem if the microphone is disconnected from the camera? or any other hardware like the image sensor?
not usb.

Btw.
is this success update firmware???
please check my screenshot

Attachments

• Screenshot_3.png
    Screenshot_3.png
    84.4 KB · Views: 92
Hi, I have done unbricking my camera with ELF Files after 3 red leds brick. After unbrick i stuck with another problem.

I've tried autoexe.ash files with yifirmware.bin, firmware.bin, reaname in autoexe.ash yifirmware.bin -> firmware.bin, but still nothing.

Can someone help me?

------------------------
SOLVED

Last edited:
I also have the same problem.Bought another memory card too doesnt help.
the camera upgrades for a couple of seconds on the beep...beep manual upgrade.then shuts down.After restarting it goes back to the same loop rebooting problem :mad:
I have tried many different firmwares for this,still nothing...

I also have the same problem.Bought another memory card too doesnt help.
the camera upgrades for a couple of seconds on the beep...beep manual upgrade.then shuts down.After restarting it goes back to the same loop rebooting problem :mad:
I have tried many different firmwares for this,still nothing...

Try like this:
- after ELF unbricking turn on the camera with microSD (autoexe + the newest firmware renamed to yifirmware.bin) in it
- camera will beep few times, then turn off
- put autoexe and yifirmware into microSD again, and again turn on the camera with card in it
- camera will beep longer
- if camera will not shutdown after 10 minutes, do it yourself
- check microSD, in DCIM folder will be progress.txt with 100% note
- remove all items from microSD, and put the newest firmware.bin (without autoexe)
- connect camera to charger and turn on and wait
- after about 2 hours of countinously looping my camera started beeping in another way
- after few minutes of beeping my camera turned on normally

Try like this:
- after ELF unbricking turn on the camera with microSD (autoexe + the newest firmware renamed to yifirmware.bin) in it
- put autoexe and yifirmware into microSD again, and again turn on the camera with card in it
- remove all items from microSD, and put the newest firmware.bin (without autoexe)
- after about 2 hours of countinously looping my camera started beeping in another way
After 3rd step the camera goes onto the beep...beep-beep mode.
i waited for 10minutes but no 100% note.
and do i have to delete the previous progress note which i got from the 2nd step?

After 3rd step the camera goes onto the beep...beep-beep mode.
i waited for 10minutes but no 100% note.
and do i have to delete the previous progress note which i got from the 2nd step?

After each step i removed all files from microSD

Hi,
Thanks for this post.
Somebody knows if it can be used on Mac?

any file for 23L.. or how to create elf file.. :D

Try like this:

That's quite the process Lukasz, but thanks for posting it!

This almost got my camera back to normal. Mine was in the continuously looping bit but I didn't wait two hours. I probably should have.

Mine's now stuck in a boot loop.... but If I boot it without a SD card, and then insert a SD card it works normally. So it's close. I may go back and put the latest firmware.bin back on the card without autoexec and try that again to see if it solves this last glitch.

If not, I might run through it all again starting from ELF load.

That's quite the process Lukasz, but thanks for posting it!

This almost got my camera back to normal. Mine was in the continuously looping bit but I didn't wait two hours. I probably should have.

Mine's now stuck in a boot loop.... but If I boot it without a SD card, and then insert a SD card it works normally. So it's close. I may go back and put the latest firmware.bin back on the card without autoexec and try that again to see if it solves this last glitch.

If not, I might run through it all again starting from ELF load.

I went through all of the steps again, but found that on the last regular load of the latest firmware.bin without autoexec, it wouldn't get caught up in a reboot loop if I didn't have it connected to power (so did the firmware update on battery power).

It's close to back to normal, but frustratingly it can no longer write to the SD card. I've tried several cards freshly formatted to fat32 and the cards work normally in other cameras.

If I do a firmware install, the camera creates the DCIM and MISC folders during the firmware update, but the progress.txt is missing. It does remove the firmware file and shut itself down at the end.

It just gives a the three beep error when you try to record video or take a photo, like there's no card in.

I can connect to the camera with the Android app and do everything normally in there except write to the card or format the card through the app. If I insert a card while connected to the app, it says "SD card inserted". If I try to display the card info it says "unable to retrieve card info".

It seems very close, but a camera isn't much good without any storage. Does anyone have any ideas for this problem?

I'm tempted to try going back to an older firmware version, but I'll wait for a bit in case someone knows of a fix for this card access problem.

Last edited:
After each step i removed all files from microSD
I just cant get the camera to normal no matter which way i try!
The camera goes on to continious loop after the 3rd step and i donnot find any 100% proggress file. this is so frustrating,i tried so many methods :mad: :(

I just cant get the camera to normal no matter which way i try!
The camera goes on to continious loop after the 3rd step and i donnot find any 100% proggress file. this is so frustrating,i tried so many methods :mad: :(
Frustrating isn't it.

I've tried all sorts of combinations and got it close a few times.

After running through the steps Lukasz posted, it worked normally except it couldn't write to the SD card.

I've just loaded 1.07 with autoexec and that got it to write to the card again. I could take photos fine. As soon as I started recording a video it just locked up. Now it locks up as soon as you turn it on and it can no longer load firmware from the SD card. ..... so back to the ELF load to unbrick it and then I'll try a different combination to see if I can get a working camera again.

I wonder why the ELF firmware load unbricks the camera but doesn't leave it in a normal useable state.

I just did the ELF firmware load again. At the end of it the Yi app shows firmware version 1.2.6 and it's functioning normally.... except that it can't write to a SD card again :(

Maybe my camera just doesn't like the latest firmware. I'm going to try 1.09 now to see if it'll write to the card again.

Edit.... did a normal 1.09 load (no autoexec). It loaded normally. Now if I format the card, the camera writes the DCIM and MISC folders, but won't take photos or record video (three beeps). Arrrrgh.

I might have to give up on mine.

Edit 2.... it seems to have a different screwed up behaviour each time I load something. With 1.09 on it, it seemed to load 1.2.10 normally. Now it goes through a reboot loop with a card inserted. If I boot first and then insert a card it can take photos. If I try to switch it to video mode, it just crashes before I try to record. I'm done with it.

Last edited:
help!! i have 3 time trying to unbricked my yicam but the result always FAIL,why?

help!! i have 3 time trying to unbricked my yicam but the result always FAIL,why?

I have the same problem. Can somebody do a video to see how can I fix my Xiaomi with three red lights? A lot of thanks in advance!

OMG it's really working .When i first open the yi camera the driver was't install yet because of third party INF unsupported what
i've done is install the driver by follow this step

Thanks but how can I do it with Windows 7?
Where can I get the driver?
And if I have the driver installed how can I reinstalled manually?

Thanks for all

Thanks but how can I do it with Windows 7?
Where can I get the driver?
And if I have the driver installed how can I reinstalled manually?

Thanks for all
The driver can be found at the folder which you already downloaded for the YicamUSB directed on one of your program files, "Xiaoyi"

Back