VIOFO A229 DUO FIRMWARE

A new version of the firmware is available for download on the Viofo website.

Change Log for V1.2_20230324

1. Added: Wi-Fi Station Mode support, holding both MIC+WiFi buttons to enable Station Mode.
  2. Added: One button to quickly enable/disable parking mode (Hold the MIC button to switch).
  3. Optimized: Memory card compatible.
  4. Other Bug Fixes

Sounds interesting, thanks.

I wonder what "Wi-Fi Station Mode support" is? Maybe if you are running late for your 9:15 train to Waterloo?

Sounds interesting, thanks.

I wonder what "Wi-Fi Station Mode support" is? Maybe if you are running late for your 9:15 train to Waterloo?
Go to the topic A139, where this station has been discussed for more than a year.

Station mode is pretty much turning the dashcam from a just listening WIFI ( of course you can 2 way communicate once connected ) to a WIFI that is constantly broadcasting sort of like your internet router at home.
So if you have station mode on, and parking guard i assume is needed too, you can get home park your car, go to your computer, and then via it connect to your dashcam in the car to DL or preview the footage on it.

But yeah as mentioned there is a lengthy thread on this, i think someone also made a tool for use in this regard

THX for the heads up on the new FW, ill give it a go tomorrow. (y)

I found a bug in the latest version which I installed yesterday. The second red led now is always flashing while recording or not, making it useless. It would blink indicating not recording until now and stayed on indicating that recording is happening. In case you disable the sounds and the screen is off then you can't tell if it is recording or not. It is always flashing so now it serves no purpose at all.

I found a bug in the latest version which I installed yesterday. The second red led now is always flashing while recording or not, making it useless. It would blink indicating not recording until now and stayed on indicating that recording is happening. In case you disable the sounds and the screen is off then you can't tell if it is recording or not. It is always flashing so now it serves no purpose at all.
Yesterday, I updated my A229 Duo to v1.2_20230324 firmware. I drove my car today and the A229's <REC> led (led #2) was a steady red while it was recording and it would blink when I pressed it to stop the recording. I cannot reproduce the behavior you reported.

I cannot find an explanation , its been the 5th firmware update since I bouth the dashcam, this constant second led blinking started yesterday after the update. Today , its still the same behaviour. Should I try a factory reset , or a repetition of the update?

I cannot find an explanation , its been the 5th firmware update since I bouth the dashcam, this constant second led blinking started yesterday after the update. Today , its still the same behaviour. Should I try a factory reset , or a repetition of the update?
If you still have any of the previous firmware updates bin files, try downgrading the firmware and reset to the factory settings. See if the problem is present with the older firmware version installed. If the problem is not present with the older firmware, try updating again to the v1.2_20230324 firmware update and see if the problem reappears with that firmware in place.

I don't keep older versions to test this , but I am 100% sure it is the new firmware that messed up.I guess I can only refresh the firmware again with the same version if factory defaults option does not solve anything

I don't keep older versions to test this , but I am 100% sure it is the new firmware that messed up.I guess I can only refresh the firmware again with the same version if factory defaults option does not solve anything

Have you checked the memory card?
Try formatting.
You may also encounter this situation if loop recording is turned off and the Memory card is full.
Just a few suggestions...

I did a card format from the device menu as soon as I finished with the menu settings that changed after updating. The device is operating normaly , the sd was formatted once again after I noticed the bug , the sound notifications and general behaviour are all normal exept that led that flashes all the time . I tried turning all leds off which worked,they shut off and then enabled them again. Started flashing again. Stop recording manually , still flashing , enabling manually the recording , you hear the voice saying recording started but the damn led keeps flashing while red dot on screen and recording time starts doing their job. It simply likes to flash all day:wtf:

If it is not recording, it is normal for the led to blink.
I can confirm that when recording in v1.2_20230324 the led is constantly on. that is, when there is a red flashing sign on the screen, the recording led turns on solid.

As you can guess, I can only make the following suggestions as I see that my own device is working stably.

reset camera, reset settings, format memory card on camera. please try the update procedure again.

Try again with the parking monitor setting to autodetect event. My cam is recording normally with the led flashing in this setting. When parking monitor is set to off, the led is working properly. Figured it out an hour ago when tried things.

I have a Google Drive folder with some of the recent public A229 Duo firmware files.

That Google Drive link points to a top level folder which contains subfolders with the A229 Duo firmware version listed in the directory name. This is not an official VIOFO file repository, but it's my copy of those public releases.

1680795108298.png

I have a Google Drive folder with some of the recent public A229 Duo firmware files.

That Google Drive link points to a top level folder which contains subfolders with the A229 Duo firmware version listed in the directory name. This is not an official VIOFO file repository, but it's my copy of those public releases.

View attachment 64639
Thanks for this - useful to have - just in case they're needed.

@rcg530 Robert - you're happy with this latest firmware then? (V1.2_20230324)

Paul.
Other than the blinking <REC> LED in normal recording mode when you have the parking recording mode set to Auto Event Detection, yes it seems to work okay.

That's good enough for me, thank you. I don't have Parking Mode on anyway.

Cheers.

Back