Is there such thing as a side view dashcam? (For your car doors)

I am much naked this week, my car is in the shop and will remain there untill friday, my loner car only have 1 camera, and in spite of me often arguing for 1 camera is enuff in most cases i do feel pretty naked.

Another bad thing is, before my car whent into the shop i took out all my cameras, but last night i noticed there is no SD card in my innovv C3 ????

I am much naked this week, my car is in the shop and will remain there untill friday, my loner car only have 1 camera, and in spite of me often arguing for 1 camera is enuff in most cases i do feel pretty naked.

No, the car your are driving will have one article of clothing as opposed to the regular two. Therefore your car is not entirely naked, but topless. Or considering where you place the camera .... bottomless.

I see that all the time around here and using any kind of hand held device while driving became illegal in my state as of October 1st.
In Ontario, there was a drop people using handheld devices while driving for several months. Noticed a fair number of people with the Blue tooth headsets. Then after close to a year, drivers came to the realization it was NOT being enforced and likely to get away with it. Today, its worse than before they implemented the law and that's even with doubling the fine!

side cams don't have to be fitted in the "tops" of windows. (I have a convertible that makes that too awkward)

http://screencast.com/t/aY2gi4PMpSre

when the car is a length past the junction you still capture the cars to the right coming out of that junction and note the number plate out the front window..

BE WARNED..

This screen capture contains a very disturbing "bad hair day "

http://screencast.com/t/az63DebJT

:D

The evolution of the Dash cam as it is compared to clothing

There was a time people came out of the caves, clay or grass huts without a stitch of clothing.
Similarly there was a time when cars, like people, came out of factories and without articles of clothing like CAMs.
In both cases, the person and the car - WERE NAKED, COMPLETELY NAKED.

And then came a front camera, and drivers felt less exposed.
And then a "rear" camera and drivers felt even more comfortable.
And then drivers realized there are distracted drivers to their side and to protect themselves, these driver installed side dash cams, like a person who wears a coat to protect him or herself against the cold cruel rain.

not to mention it'll clearly show that a driver was messing with their phone while they sideswiped you.

And when cars like people find their cams removed, they likened it to being striped of of their clothing. They are quite comfortable being born that way or coming out of the factory that before with they discover clothing, but take away shirts and pants or their dash cams, they FEEL NAKED, COMPLETELY NAKED.

Some dash cam owners use their cameras to protect them against theft of items which may be on the dashboard. Similarly pants, with with a jock strap protect the family jewels.

I feel totally naked without my rear and side cameras now

So consider for a moment
- Cars fitted only with a front dash cam, are wearing pants, or topless
- Cars fitted with a front and rear dash cam are fulling clothed
- Cars fitted with all of the above, plus a side cam have a nice comfortable jacket and are they are the envy of otherwise fully clothed people like myself
- And cars with no cams ARE NAKED, COMPLETELY NAKED.

Now some of you may say I have it completely wrong, if the back camera covers the "Rear" of the car, it should be considered the pants. That is true, but consider most cars that only have one camera, have it fitted at the front and if people are to wear only one article of clothing it usually the trousers they wear. So if one is to associate it with the article of clothing most often worn for those with only one article of clothing, the front cam is your pants. Besides, on multi channel dash cams, the thinking or control portion is done on the front camera and not the rear and where does one do his or her thinking. Oh I forget ... I was an adolescent and young man once too and its not clear what did my thinking for me or what part of my anatomy controlled me at that age.

Think about the demographics about dash cam users. Most of them are are baby boomers to generation Xers and given that advancing age, it is not a pretty thought to envision them topless or bottomless. However, if given that choice, I am am sure it would be topless. Besides what item on your body do you want to protect.

So consider your car a manifestation of your self and the car of other people a manifestation of them and it needs to be clothed, such as yourself.

When you see the young attractive lady driving a BMW or Porsche without a care in the world, acting as if she owns the road as she looks down on you as you drive your Toyota or banged up Chrysler ... do not feel anger or resentment towards her but extreme pity. Take a look at that lady and look at all of her and not just her curvy counters. Take a very close look and you will she has no dash cam and is therefore NAKED, COMPLETELY NAKED.

Do not follow her too closely as you say are you merely witnessing or recording her reckless driving as you may rear end her. It give tail gating a whole new meaning. Remember, her BMW is not fully attired and therefore unclothed, without a skirt or top.

And keep your eyes on the road and not her silicon enhanced bumpers. Worry about your own driving and try to erase the thought that she is NAKED, COMPLETELY NAKED.

I can't use a hand held device? Ok. Put it in one of these and use it mounted to the windshield or dash (depending on car).

Now you can use both hands on the phone since you do not need one hand to hold it down. (argh)

22768d1283285907t-looking-best-cell-phone-mount-p8310182.jpg

CHXND008_1_type_1.jpg

Thats a argument i allso hit often, and truth be told whether you use a phone in your hand or a phone in a cradle thats just as bad in my eyes.
Its allso the reason as to why ppl here allways use the argument " i was just tuning the radio" when they plow into the rear of some car.

And truth be told i was close to do that one day in the late 90 ties, but thank god the other 3 ppl in the car yelled out as i was clearly not looking where i was going, and thank god i dident overcorrect in getting back on track and in focus.

But i guess you can go on and on in this regard, it just take a fjew milliseconds of looking at that good looking girl on the sidewalk and WHAM you are parked in another car.
But in this day and age with more and more gadgets and things ppl fel like they have to relate to right now, i think its only fair to try and minimise the number of things.
Those social media APPs sould only work if GPS was enabled on devise and it dont detect any speed higher than walking, and since its not that way i personally hold facetube and youtwitt and other partly responsible for all phone related car accidents.

I dont even like to talk handsfree while i am driving a car, but then again i have a quite uncommon relationship to mobile phones.
Talking in general is no problem for me while driving or anything else for that matter, but thats due to me hardly ever looking at ppl i talk to, even if i am not driving and sitting in a nice living room chair.

And i get quite frustrated over the ppl who then force them self on me as they seem to insist on having eyecontact while talking.

The law I referred to that prohibits people from using a "hand held device" while driving means you can't touch it with your hands, period.

23 V.S.A. § 1095b – HANDHELD USE OF PORTABLE ELECTRONIC DEVICE –
(a) Definition. As used in this section, ― hands-free use means the use of a portable electronic device without use of either hand by employing an internal feature of, or an attachment to, the device.

yeah its the same here thank god, but some ppl are actually so stupid they think its okay to finger a phone if it is in a cradle :rolleyes:
Or if they are stopped at a red light, ppl are quick to whip out ther damm phones at streetlights.

When i had my last phone in the car, i had the SGS2 and its cradle comming off the driver side door, that way i could pick up a call and not let go of the steering wheel, thats the nice thing with the little fixed window in my side doors.

In that location it was allso nice to use the nav part on the phone, all of display was in plain view.

yeah its the same here thank god, but some ppl are actually so stupid they think its okay to finger a phone if it is in a cradle :rolleyes:
Or if they are stopped at a red light, ppl are quick to whip out ther damm phones at streetlights.

When i had my last phone in the car, i had the SGS2 and its cradle comming off the driver side door, that way i could pick up a call and not let go of the steering wheel, thats the nice thing with the little fixed window in my side doors.

In that location it was allso nice to use the nav part on the phone, all of display was in plain view.

You are right. "Some ppl are actually so stupid." ;)

On that returning topic, i "just" found out that the old brackets for my side cameras in the old analog CCTV setup will be easy to modify so they will accomodate my mobius.

So when i get my own car back on friday i will have cameras on all 4 sides :cool: so there is no hiding no more for phone junkies on the left side of my car.

I still havent gotten around to rain X those side windows, but maybe a complete setup will motivate me. And offcourse that nano stuff need to be sold cheap as i still have to flip every dime i have to make ends meet.

On that returning topic, i "just" found out that the old brackets for my side cameras in the old analog CCTV setup will be easy to modify so they will accomodate my mobius.

So when i get my own car back on friday i will have cameras on all 4 sides :cool: so there is no hiding no more for phone junkies on the left side of my car.

I still havent gotten around to rain X those side windows, but maybe a complete setup will motivate me. And offcourse that nano stuff need to be sold cheap as i still have to flip every dime i have to make ends meet.

That sounds cool that your old brackets will work for the Mobius, but hey man, just make sure you have all the cameras working from now on in case you get rear ended again...or T-boned! :D

My experience using Rain-X on side and rear windows hasn't been so great. I stopped using it on the sides and especially on the rear. Rain-X seems to work best when the wind is blowing directly against the front windscreen as you drive.

I have to do somthing as rain is not uncommon here no matter the time of year, and those side windows dont really blow dry as i drive unless it have stopped raining.
But i think the mobius in the left will fare better than the C3 on the right, cuz the mobius will be up along the top of the window some inches behind the B-pillar, and the C3 sit right up against the B-pillar.

Dunno if there is somthing better than rain X will have to research the marked a little, maybe get some free samples if i can.

My power grid will not faulter again, i now have double the outputs and dedicated sockets in the rear.

And if thats not enuff i have another 3 socket extension i can install, i might have to do that if ppl keep wanting my help in developing and testing cameras.

I have to do somthing as rain is not uncommon here no matter the time of year, and those side windows dont really blow dry as i drive unless it have stopped raining.
But i think the mobius in the left will fare better than the C3 on the right, cuz the mobius will be up along the top of the window some inches behind the B-pillar, and the C3 sit right up against the B-pillar.

Dunno if there is somthing better than rain X will have to research the marked a little, maybe get some free samples if i can.

My power grid will not faulter again, i now have double the outputs and dedicated sockets in the rear.

And if thats not enuff i have another 3 socket extension i can install, i might have to do that if ppl keep wanting my help in developing and testing cameras.

There was a pretty good older thread about Rain-X from 2/2014 where people talked about other available products. Everyone here knows about RAIN-X, right?

This summer I waxed my truck with Turtle Wax ICE spray. I accidentally got some on the side windows and I was amazed that it actual worked sort of like Rain-X to keep water beading up on the glass.

The windows in my rear doors are not in use, at best on the really hot sommer days they get lowered 10 CM or so.

The windows in my rear doors are not in use, at best on the really hot sommer days they get lowered 10 CM or so.

Try the wax idea. I went back and actually polished the side windows with ICE and will do it again before winter if we can get some warm enough weather before then.

Back