Nextbase 522gw keeps freezing

Reverted to 16.3 which ran 4 days ok but today started freezing.

yeah, bad thing it is still freezing some days

Having vented your spleen at Nextbase twice (and taken up a lot of space doing it with the silly triple spacing of sentences) do you actually have a recommendation for a reliable camera bases on your personal experience?

Here we go..

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 7
Hello,

I just wanted to update this thread. The freezing bug has now been fixed. Please update your 522GWs to Firmware R19.1. Thank you for your patience.

Regards,
Millie- Nextbase

I don't think the freezing bug has been fixed with this update; my 522GW has frozen 9 times in 4 journeys!!

What is "The same"? Freezing or not freezing?

Can't really say I've had any issues of late.
And I've tried the Nextbase cards...they were crap and the cause of all my issues on the 512, so dumped that and got a SanDisk Extreme microSDXC128GB V30 from Halfords when it was at £25 one night I went in to do a unit swap, as they(Nextbase) thought it was the camera..turned out it was their card.
And the issues I've had on the 522 were firmware/app related.
Still using the Sandisk Extreme, and not an issue yet.

the only other difference is I still use the 512 hardwire kit, it fits, and works, maybe the new hardwire kits/cigarette adaptors aren't supplying enough or constant power.

Just returning late to this thread to say that since switching to the Nextbase 64GB card 6 months ago the dashcam hasn't crashed once.
I’ve been on a Nextbase 64Gb card since day 1 so that isn’t the issue with mine. I’ve done some tests over the past few weeks and it appears mine only has problems when the rear camera is connected. I ran it for about 3 weeks without the rear camera and it worked perfectly. Plugged in the rear camera and it malfunctioned within 10 minutes.

I wonder if that's due to the additional bandwidth requirement for recording two cameras. I've got the rear golfball camera plugged into mine. I think it's configured 1440p front, 720p rear.

Hello,

I just wanted to update this thread. The freezing bug has now been fixed. Please update your 522GWs to Firmware R19.1. Thank you for your patience.

Regards,
Millie- Nextbase
Hi. Just bought the 622GW and that’s freezing too!

Mines fine, In fact all 3 I have had, the 522gw, 612gw, and 622gw all fine...

Can't speak for the 622, but my 522 and 612 are still going strong, never had a problem with them.

I use SanDisk Extreme and Samsung Evo Plus..

Plus one for the Sandisk Extreme 128GB, also have two official Nextbase SD Cards 128GB and 64GB along with a Samsung 64GB Evo Plus. I mix between them all and never had any probs with any of them. I don't think the Nextbase ones are worth the cost! I got mine on deals.

Back