SGDCHW for SG9663DC (3-wire hardwire kit to enable PARKING MODE function) Timed & Low Battery Discharge Prevention

What do you mean by powered by your switch?
I've put my own switch in due to issues previously where it wasn't turning off.....

I can now just have it fully powered off and click the switch to have power going to the unit.

I just tested again with cigarette lighter power and still no recordings

Have tested again, this time only 3 minutes of parking files and nothing else for today, will flash new firmware and give it a go after that !!!!

definitely need to be running the latest firmware as a starting point, see how you go from there
I was at the time before reading these threads, I haven't been getting any notifications. I was running 34T. was fine for a few days going back through the files until today.... Just had issues again loading latest firmware, form warning, then all data erased warning, click ok then froze. trying again now.........

there's a known bug in 1.34T, you need to run V1.33
done and done,

Can you change the way files are named/saved to tell the difference between normal and parking ? even just putting P on the end of the file name ?

I barely use a computer, mainly use the mobile phone....

we can't change the filename without breaking a bunch of other stuff, likewise we can't control how it looks in the DOD app, but will see what we can do in our own app to make the timelapse files easier to identify

Sorry for not posting in a while I have been testing it for a few days and seeing how it works. So far it either works or not. When it works everything seems to work as normal however when it does not, it seems to only want to record for 3 or so minutes before stopping. Voltage is set for 12V and I have tested this after a 25-30min drive just about every day. I noticed that there is a new firmware so I am going to put that on now and see if it fixes it. Other than that issue of it only recording 3-minute parking mode clips everything else seems fine. When I power it off it stays off and when parking mode works, well it works.

ok, please update to 1.33 and let me know how you go, the restarts was the major issue which shouldn't happen, don't forget to set the power input menu to 3 wire once you update

Finally got around to installing my dashcam. Haven’t installed the rear cam yet as it’s in an Outback and I’m still pondering where to mount it. Anyway, connected wires as needed, ACC to an accessory fuse and the full time power to the door locks fuse. Noticed I was only getting a 3 minute park mode recording when the car was locked. We live in the sticks so at home our cars are not locked. I was getting an all night park mode recording when doors unlocked the home (set for 24 hrs). So I suspect that the door locks fuse is not the way to go. I changed the permanent connection to the brake light fuse ( which is powered all the time ). So far so good.

By the way I am on 1.34T and everything works perfectly.

Anyway, connected wires as needed, ACC to an accessory fuse and the full time power to the door locks fuse. Noticed I was only getting a 3 minute park mode recording when the car was locked. We live in the sticks so at home our cars are not locked. I was getting an all night park mode recording when doors unlocked the home (set for 24 hrs). So I suspect that the door locks fuse is not the way to go. I changed the permanent connection to the brake light fuse ( which is powered all the time ). So far so good.

this sort of behavior is not unusual in late model vehicles as some circuits are computer controlled and can be switched on or off by the vehicle

im still having issues of it turning off randomly when parked and never going the length of timer time is set to. only happened from 1.32T i think

Back