SGDCHW for SG9663DC (3-wire hardwire kit to enable PARKING MODE function) Timed & Low Battery Discharge Prevention

We currently use timelapse for parking mode on DC and X2PRO, it requires a three wire power lead to automate the process of switching modes, we don't offer a parking mode option for the X2, chipset doesn't support it properly so we don't do it

jokiin
ok but what means motion detection on x2? can u provide example? Its only manual mode like part of parking system?

Motion detection is not parking mode, if you want parking mode don't buy an X2, it's not suitable for what you want

Motion detection is not parking mode, if you want parking mode don't buy an X2, it's not suitable for what you want
this information need for review...not for buy. So i dont understand what u mean when u say "motion detection".
if you can't explain the functionality of your own product ... then I guess how you do it.
Iv try ask u 2 hours and no luck:(

They don't rely on detecting motion for Parking Mode. Motion-detection is a separate feature, camera will record only if it detects motion. Not reliable as lighting changes can also trigger events and there's a gap between motion being detected and the camera waking up to start recording.

They don't rely on detecting motion for Parking Mode. Motion-detection is a separate feature, camera will record only if it detects motion. Not reliable as lighting changes can also trigger events and there's a gap between motion being detected and the camera waking up to start recording.
hmm u mean i need ON motion detection mode manually via menu? And OFF this mode also manually via menu?
and it will be record only this trigger (event) - motion. Not G-sensor, only motion in X2, right?

About non stability with this function - its another talk, because novatek is not so good for it (but iv tested same mode in viofo a129 and its work with 2 wires correctly most time. Hmm.
Another talk is more about what parking mode means, but its a topic for a separate discussion, as each manufacturer puts its concept into this term.

SGGCX2:
- no automatic switch to motion detection when car ignition is off.
- Requires constant power supply via 2-wire hardwiring kit or always on cigarette lighter charger socket in order to use motion detection while car is parked.
- Requires manually turning motion detection off when you want normal driving recording which in many cases people forget to do.
Overall not reliable function on this chipset.

SGGCX2PRO = SG9663DC from specs functionality point ov view. The only advantage of DC over X2Pro is WiFi.

Sent from my VKY-L29 using Tapatalk

niko
finally, thanx.

About PRO and DC model parking mode. Did u test it with ACC hardwire kit? Where i can read about work logic?

Where i can read about work logic?

Same as the A129 with their 3 wire kit, relies on ACC detection to switch to and from Parking Mode. SG doesn't offer the 2 wire mode, also they use only time-lapse, no low-bitrate option.

Same as the A129 with their 3 wire kit, relies on ACC detection to switch to and from Parking Mode. SG doesn't offer the 2 wire mode, also they use only time-lapse, no low-bitrate option.
a129 with acc have 3 options, like u say low bitrate and timelapse. But what about classic Auto Event Detection? Still here in SGGCX2 PRO like in a129?

But what about classic Auto Event Detection? Still here like in a129?

Forgot about that, haven't tested it but appears to be a euphemism for motion-detection. I don't think it's available on the SG.

About non stability with this function - its another talk, because novatek is not so good for it (but iv tested same mode in viofo a129 and its work with 2 wires correctly most time. Hmm.

A129 uses the same chipset as SG9663DC and SGGCX2PRO, the SGGCX2 is user an older solution and is not comparable in functionality

With 3 wire kit for SG9663DC, I'm facing the following problem (in combination with an Prius 2013):
- I park the car, so the dashcam is entering fine in parking state mode
- after a time >3-4 hours, the dashcam is shuting down, because the voltage triger of wire kit is detecteding under 11.8V for a short time
- droping voltage is caused by the car because is doing some self test for braking system. I think that this drop is for a short time period.
- the dashcam is no restarting after this drop. Every time I found the voltage at 12.3V-12.4V but the dashcam is still closed.

Wich combo of settings is need to be done (shutdown option is @18/24h )?
Can be added an special option for this type of problem ?

Can you find some other circuit which doesn't have "self-testing" and always keeps battery real voltage?

Sent from my VKY-L29 using Tapatalk

I'am using one fused direct connection from 12V battery, not from other circuit. So there is the dropping voltage, because the battery is one with 35Ah only. This battery is used only for monitoring circuits not for starting car.
Previously with 2 wire hardwire kit, the trigger set for 12.3V is not causing shutdown so fast, is lasting at least 1 day in recording state until the dashcam reach into the shutdown signal.
LE: today it was on from 08:00 to 17:30 , he did not close at all

Last edited:
With 3 wire kit for SG9663DC, I'm facing the following problem (in combination with an Prius 2013):
- I park the car, so the dashcam is entering fine in parking state mode
- after a time >3-4 hours, the dashcam is shuting down, because the voltage triger of wire kit is detecteding under 11.8V for a short time
- droping voltage is caused by the car because is doing some self test for braking system. I think that this drop is for a short time period.
- the dashcam is no restarting after this drop. Every time I found the voltage at 12.3V-12.4V but the dashcam is still closed.

Wich combo of settings is need to be done (shutdown option is @18/24h )?
Can be added an special option for this type of problem ?
i upgraded to latest version firmware 1.34 and it fixed my issue i was having with this. for me it was a firmware problem not battery voltage problem even though i thought it was like you.

Mine it was 1.33. Also updated to 1.35 , I will post later for my problem.

Last edited:
OK thanks!
I updated to beta FW 1.35 the other day and decided to leave my camera on after parking up for the night last night. I've just checked my footage and can confirm I'm now getting the full 6 hours parking recording as I was expecting. So I was correct in saying that one of your recent FW updates screwed up the parking mode. Now it all works fine, so I'm begging you please don't mess about with this in any future updates now its working again LOL!

With FW 1.35 mine problems are solved. 12.0 V triger is ok for Prius. Also 12.2 V is fine , but is hanging up after 5-6 hours. At least during the winter nights would be fine.

Back