VIOFO's A119S

Sorry to change the subject, but does the A119 fit the A119s GPS mount?

I was thinking about ordering an A119 to compare with the S, and I'm wondering if I can do this without mounting another block of cement to my windshield.
Yes,A119/A119S apply for same GPS module!

Sorry to change the subject, but does the A119 fit the A119s GPS mount?

I was thinking about ordering an A119 to compare with the S, and I'm wondering if I can do this without mounting another block of cement to my windshield.

Yes, only one V2 GPS mount is used for V2 A119 and V2 A119S

Did anyone ever figure out why the A119S makes that hissing/static noise when the car is silent? I looked through all the posts about this but I did not find anything regarding a solution, if there is one. Here is an example:

Try to go with the camera at home and record there a sample.

enjoy,
Mtz

Did anyone ever figure out why the A119S makes that hissing/static noise when the car is silent? I looked through all the posts about this but I did not find anything regarding a solution, if there is one. Here is an example:

How you power its camera? by hardwire or USB charger?

Try to go with the camera at home and record there a sample.

enjoy,
Mtz

I did this and the hissing sound is still there.

Hardware problem or software problem? The noise is not as prevalent when it has other audio to pick up.

I did this and the hissing sound is still there.

Hardware problem or software problem? The noise is not as prevalent when it has other audio to pick up.

Here are two options:
1 we go slowly, there is no clogging noise, there is only a background noise.
2 We drive fast, noise of asphalt, wind, etc. clogs background noise.

https://yadi.sk/d/Qx10u4lG3JTC8G

P.S. Perhaps the audio codec works this way.

Just ordered an A119S from UK Amazon. I hope this Dashcam will be more reliable than the previous 2 I have tried :)

If anyone wants one from UK Amazon, there is a 10% off code for the following link https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/B06Y2P7VB9

Code for A119S w/gps= 7U3VGFBX
code for A119S no gps = SJCBUG8E

Last edited:
I see that yours stays sharp when exposed to sunlight. Mine did not so I returned it. Maybe I'll give the A119S another try sometime.

Since the "X-boxes" episode in June, camera was working as it should, up till today.

IMG_0317.JPG

This time around the display didn't corrupt and I'm able to enter the menu and reset to defaults, doesn't help though as the boxes still remain after the reset.

Last edited:
This time around the display didn't corrupt and I'm able to enter the menu and reset to defaults, doesn't help though as the boxes still remain after the reset.

have you tried resetting defaults a few times, one user reported them clearing after multiple resets but I haven't seen anyone being able to repeat that

have you tried resetting defaults a few times, one user reported them clearing after multiple resets but I haven't seen anyone being able to repeat that

Tried thrice as I didn't have the firmware handy but each time it booted back to the boxes, ended up pulling out the cable as it wouldn't power down. Screen faded away slowly just like when it used to get stuck on the VIOFO logo due to use of 3rd party cables.

Nothing in my setup has changed, have VIOFO supplied cables both front and rear.

software has crashed at that stage

Don't mean to keep harping about this but it's serious. Not everyone has more than one camera, a failure like this would be catastrophic if one needs footage and turns out that the camera stopped recording without any indication.

Mine was mounted in the rear so I could tell something is wrong because the screen didn't turn off after a minute.

Last edited:
Back