Best place to buy 0806

Correct, if you plug it into the computer using the supplied cable then it will act as a disk drive, or two disk drives if you have both SD card slots filled and you wont be able to use the menus. Any other USB power source will probably charge it and allow you to use the menus or record at the same time.

If you don't know what a USB powerbank is then don't worry, it's just a battery with a USB socket!

Thanks again Nigel, I'm looking on Amazon right now and I see what a USB is, I'm going to get one, there are two that I'm looking at, one is 10,000 mAh and the other is 15,000 mAh, I think I'm gonna get the 15,000 mAh one. Thanks for the education.

Anybody order from Joovuu after they sold out of their first batch? I ordered back on 1/23 when their website said the second batch was expected to ship out first week of February. Checking the website today shows no ETA now. Anyone familiar with what's going on or have information on their order? Just wondering if I should cancel my order and get one from a different retailer.

I ordered on 15 Jan. I sent them an e-mail last night and they said it would ship today (the 16th). I'm assuming it is the 2nd batch. If it is not the second batch I'm sending it right back. When I ordered it was out of stock. I think it took longer than expected to get stock back in. The only reason I waited was to get the 2nd batch.

Thanks for the info. I emailed them as well but waiting to hear back. Good to know they may be getting the second batch out now.

I ordered on 15 Jan. I sent them an e-mail last night and they said it would ship today (the 16th). I'm assuming it is the 2nd batch. If it is not the second batch I'm sending it right back. When I ordered it was out of stock. I think it took longer than expected to get stock back in. The only reason I waited was to get the 2nd batch.

How can you tell first batch from second batch. I gave up on JooVuu, and ordered mine last Wednesday night from spytec and got it Saturday morning. I know spytec ships from USA, but when I ordered from JooVuu they told me my camera would come from Lancaster Pa. I just gave up on them. I wrote three other comments about them here , but felt guilty and deleted them. Anyhow, how can you tell first batch from second batch ?

How can you tell first batch from second batch...
2nd batch
1. If it comes with wire management clips as they were added after dct suggestions.
2. 4 small screws but maybe not deciding factor.
3. Half circular cpl case but not deciding factor.
4. Later, it'll come in smaller box. Not out yet though.

That's physical changes.

Functionally, if GPS gets signal quick, it's safe to assume it's not 1st batch.

Last edited:
Anybody order from Joovuu after they sold out of their first batch? I ordered back on 1/23 when their website said the second batch was expected to ship out first week of February. Checking the website today shows no ETA now. Anyone familiar with what's going on or have information on their order? Just wondering if I should cancel my order and get one from a different retailer.
Joovuu's web site had issues and they were unable to process USA orders.
It's back up now and they informed me they will be shipping my 0806 out tomorrow.

They have been pretty responsive to my questions so far.

2nd batch
1. If it comes with wire management clips as they were added after dct suggestions.

Sunny thanks for the reply, but I'm totally in the dark what you are talking about. "wire management clips" , where are they supposed to be, and what do they look like ?

"4 small screws" again where would they be on the camera, and how many did the first batch have ? "half circular cpl case", I don't know what that is. I ordered the camera without the GPS, because it seemed that, that was the thing most people were complaining about, problems with the GPS, did I misunderstand that, or was it just problems with many things on the first batch ? Where I live it's going down to below zero, so I haven't taken the thing out and put it in the car yet, because the instructions say to avoid below 32 degrees, and I'm thinking an ice cold windshield might have an affect on things. It may be 14 below zero here tomorrow, or the next day, it's not too bad right now, about 5 degrees. But when your going 60- 70 miles an hour, even at that warmer 5 degrees the temperature ratchets down quite a few more notches. Maybe if I can see (or not see) the wire management clips you are talking about I'll know where I stand with this camera.

most issues have been GPS related for these early ones, if you don't have that then you have little to worry about anyway

2nd batch

That's physical changes.

Functionally, if GPS gets signal quick, it's safe to assume it's not 1st batch.

Okay I apologize for being kinda stupid, I just Googled wire management clips, and looked at a variety of them, there are six of those that came with my camera, the little things with the 3m sticker on the back of them that you put around the windshield , and clip the wire in them to keep it out of your sight. I didn't know that's what they were called , now I do, I got 6 of them. Thanks.

The recording LED is red or blue?

enjoy,
Mtz

Okay I apologize for being kinda stupid, I just Googled wire management clips, and looked at a variety of them, there are six of those that came with my camera, the little things with the 3m sticker on the back of them that you put around the windshield , and clip the wire in them to keep it out of your sight. I didn't know that's what they were called , now I do, I got 6 of them. Thanks.
No problem.
Here is a picture of 2nd batch:
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/attachments/dsc01260-small-jpg.11175/
dsc01260-small-jpg.11175

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/second-batch-ordering.9718/
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/second-batch-ordering.9718/

The 4 small screws are to attach wedge piece on the mount to change angle. Not used if you don't need to change default mount angle.

Here is 1st batch, notice cpl case is rectangular:
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/attachments/p1050718-jpg.10877/
p1050718-jpg.10877

Also, the recording led color was changed as mentioned above.
But if you got it with the clips, safe to say 2nd batch.
About temperature, I'm in Denver where it's 70 one day and below 20 next day and my dash cams stay in the car all the time. Hasn't failed a single one yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got an update today, was told my order was delayed due to "bad luck" and that my 0806 should ship on the 20th.

Reactions: Mtz
I'm looking on Amazon right now and I see what a USB is, I'm going to get one, there are two that I'm looking at, one is 10,000 mAh and the other is 15,000 mAh, I think I'm gonna get the 15,000 mAh one.
I just wanted to mention I gave a family member an Anker 2nd Gen Astro E5 16000mAh and they love using it to go for walks using an Innovv C3. Might be one to look at. Amazon ASIN B00N2T7U90. I have not used it myself, but they are very happy with it.

he 0806 sounds like a great dashcam, however it's out of my price range personally so I'd go for the 0805 or Mobius.
I have an 03 05 and 06. In all honesty I would spend the extra money on the 0806.

Better ventilation
Screen off at 15 seconds
Button to turn screen off right away (tap power)
Wider mount
better design (I think at least)
not as bright lights.
CPL filter

The 03 and 05 blue light is a nightmare at night time. I had to put dark tape over mine.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mtz
I just wanted to mention I gave a family member an Anker 2nd Gen Astro E5 16000mAh and they love using it to go for walks using an Innovv C3. Might be one to look at. Amazon ASIN B00N2T7U90. I have not used it myself, but they are very happy with it.

I have an 03 05 and 06. In all honesty I would spend the extra money on the 0806.

Better ventilation
Screen off at 15 seconds
Button to turn screen off right away (tap power)
Wider mount
better design (I think at least)
not as bright lights.

The 03 and 05 blue light is a nightmare at night time. I had to put dark tape over mine.
I ordered a 30,000 mah from gearbest.
Let's see if I need that much but more never hurts. :D

I ordered a 30,000 mah from gearbest.
Let's see if I need that much but more never hurts.
Damn I did not even know they went that high. I was a little blown away when I found the 16000mAh one.

Do you have a link? My Subaru cuts the power to my ports when the car is off, and I don't want to hardwire at this point

Damn I did not even know they went that high. I was a little blown away when I found the 16000mAh one.

Do you have a link? My Subaru cuts the power to my ports when the car is off, and I don't want to hardwire at this point

Of course.
http://www.gearbest.com/mobile-power-bank/pp_110197.html
$13.32 (regularly $24) for 30,000mah with dual usb and power led indicators and free shipping.
you can't beat the price.
If it lasts few years, it's more than worth it.
With a 5v, 1amp needed for the dashcam, this battery will last for days without recharge. :D
I'm not planning to use with dashcams yet. I ordered it mostly for my Galaxy note 2 that eats power if I do anything like GPS, video etc...
1414981652269-P-2141477.jpg

There are many 20,000mah as well:
http://www.gearbest.com/mobile-power-bank/pp_64069.html

Buy the Xiaomi 16000 from GearBest for $29 (there may be coupon). Then at least you know you will be getting a real 16000 and LG or Samsung cells. The cheaper ones have crappy cells and exageratted capacity.

Buy the Xiaomi 16000 from GearBest for $29 (there may be coupon). Then at least you know you will be getting a real 16000 and LG or Samsung cells. The cheaper ones have crappy cells and exageratted capacity.
Aw, now you tell me. :(

Last edited:
Back