Best place to buy 0806

Is the CPL generally used all the time, or do you take it off during different conditions?
Mine is always on, Reverend seems to have his always on too.

If you remove it at night then you should reduce the amount of motion blur by about 50% but I've never noticed a difference, if I take it off then I tend to forget to put it back on and during daylight it makes a huge difference to the image quality so I just leave it on.

The advantage is that it removes the light reflected off the dashboard which would otherwise destroy the contrast and colours, also the reflections don't move while the outside view does so each pixel is both moving and static which makes it difficult for the mpeg encoder to encode the movement and given limited bitrate that looses detail and image sharpness.

I think a decent review should have two tests - one with a dirty windshield to show how it copes with typical conditions (the sort of test you make) and one with the alcohol to show how good it can be for people like Mtz :)

But in either case they should have used the CPL!

Yes the tests on my car always with a dirty windshield.
Enen i cleaned the windshield it will be shield by dust after 5 minutes driving.
You know the reason exactly, China air.

Mtz and Nigel are extreme completist, I like their videos and photos a lot!

Mine is always on, Reverend seems to have his always on too.

If you remove it at night then you should reduce the amount of motion blur by about 50% but I've never noticed a difference, if I take it off then I tend to forget to put it back on and during daylight it makes a huge difference to the image quality so I just leave it on.

The advantage is that it removes the light reflected off the dashboard which would otherwise destroy the contrast and colours, also the reflections don't move while the outside view does so each pixel is both moving and static which makes it difficult for the mpeg encoder to encode the movement and given limited bitrate that looses detail and image sharpness.
Thanks for the in-depth reply to my question.

Mini 0806 will also be available at gearbest soon :D

I also asked this question here on Monday and received no reply. So I ordered a 0806 from Spytec in NY - received a shipping notice within 5 hours and USPS just delivered the cam today. I cancelled my Joovuu order and they did refund Paypal.

@JooVuu Any updates on shipping status for US order?

Last of the first batch of 0806s are shipping now. Next batch now due late January/early feb - latest information we have from MEG. Updating the website now. Sorry for the delay, we're starting three huge projects at the moment and as such are massively under pressure. However, we have installed a new customer support system which is making life 50x easier, and we're starting to get back on top of everything.

Kind regards and apologises for being a bit absent,

JooVuu

I also asked this question here on Monday and received no reply. So I ordered a 0806 from Spytec in NY - received a shipping notice within 5 hours and USPS just delivered the cam today. I cancelled my Joovuu order and they did refund Paypal.

Same here

.. However, we have installed a new customer support system which is making life 50x easier,...

May be for you, but not for your customers, as all I get is:

"JooVuu.com's support is currently down as it is being upgraded. Please check back shortly. Kind regards, JooVuu"

For those of you who ordered from Spy Tec on Amazon, does the cam come with the CPL? The listing does not mention it either way and I see they're also selling the CPL as a standalone item.

For those of you who ordered from Spy Tec on Amazon, does the cam come with the CPL? The listing does not mention it either way and I see they're also selling the CPL as a standalone item.
No, its sold separately.

@JooVuu - can you reply to my message or email, I've been trying to reach you for the past couple days about my order and your contact system is not working.

May be for you, but not for your customers, as all I get is:

"JooVuu.com's support is currently down as it is being upgraded. Please check back shortly. Kind regards, JooVuu"

does the cam come with the CPL? ...and I see they're also selling the CPL as a standalone item.

No the cam does not come with a CPL - you have to order it separately. Mine was not included in my order and it wasn't until I inquired that they told me they are out of stock.

Good Luck.

We've got our pre-orders up too. Estimated date of shipping will be around mid Feb.

Kelvin

@JooVuu - can you reply to my message or email, I've been trying to reach you for the past couple days about my order and your contact system is not working.

Hi you should be re-directed to joovuu.com/contact2 we are answering the last few queries on /contact now and will be shutting it down shortly. The new contact system is far better and allows us to answer questions far quicker.

Kind regards,

JooVuu

Anyway, CPL is recommended for better image quality although slight price increase.
we may consider to make CPL as a standard accessory instead of optional accessory.
what is your thought?

Last of the first batch of 0806s are shipping now. Next batch now due late January/early feb - latest information we have from MEG. Updating the website now. Sorry for the delay, we're starting three huge projects at the moment and as such are massively under pressure. However, we have installed a new customer support system which is making life 50x easier, and we're starting to get back on top of everything.

Kind regards and apologises for being a bit absent,

JooVuu

JooVuu... I ordered for US Shipment to Texas on 15 Jan. When you say 'last of the first batch' are these from the first 500 production run? It seems like there may be a problem some / many are having with the GPS module. Do you have cameras from the 2nd production run? I really don't want a defective unit.

Thanks

JooVuu... I ordered for US Shipment to Texas on 15 Jan. When you say 'last of the first batch' are these from the first 500 production run? It seems like there may be a problem some / many are having with the GPS module. Do you have cameras from the 2nd production run? I really don't want a defective unit.

Thanks

@Rocket_man,the mass production goods is the same since designer has released and sent so many people in forum to test before they release.
And for the USA parcels 0806 with GPS,I have checked the GPS working status,it detects GPS signal at around 35seconds for the first time when I power on.
And when you use it for the second time,the GPS ICON is stable there even in the supermarkets with buildings block the signal,I can still notice the speed stamp,etc
So I guess you could feel rest assured with them.
And even you have meet any problem,Joovuu have good policy for after-sales service,you may just simply drop a message to our support desk then.

And in early Feb,we will have several hundreds of Mini 0806 with GPS,CPL in stock

Thanks

@Rocket_man, for the USA parcels 0806 with GPS,I have checked the GPS working status,it detects GPS signal at around 35seconds for the first time when I power on.
And when you use it for the second time,the GPS ICON is stable there even in the supermarkets with buildings block the signal,I can still notice the speed stamp,etc
So I guess you could feel rest assured with them.
And even you have meet any problem,Joovuu have good policy for after-sales service,you may just simply drop a message to our support desk then.

And in early Feb,we will have several hundreds of Mini 0806 with GPS,CPL in stock,we would examine the quality before stock in USA,UK.

Back