JooVuu X Camera

I hate when I get all excited to get a new camera to test because I feel like part little kid with a new toy but I can't help it. I really hope I can get this one mounted on my hat

What is it you intend of filming with it? o_O

Last edited by a moderator:
What is it you intend of filming with it? o_O
I like to protect my person the same way I protect my car

Just like you never know what can happen driving as I have mentioned before these crazy drivers eventually get somewhere and get out

If you think I'm crazy check out the fights in Wal-Mart

fair play,
only couple of days ago, I put my battery in a pocket and was filming raft race with my gt680... shambles it was, but still, shambles in impressive quality ;)

Just like you never know what can happen driving as I have mentioned before these crazy drivers eventually get somewhere and get out

That really makes me want to stop by Wal-Mart :confused: You are right about them driving as well!

I noticed a typo on your new site.

"and past on to your countries police department." That should be passed on to"

A little request to the test people. Could you check up follow:

1. Could you verified the microphone can record a conversation with a person (police) with the window half down. Please park next to a busy road, so we get some background noise. Can you understand the conversation on replay?

2. X-Camera should be GPS enable, do you have a third party GPS you could test this out?
If @JooVuu do have any information about the GPS, feel free to comment.

3. Does the date/time stamp work out of the box?

4. I also like to see a photo of the car mount and how it look installed in your car.

5. @CheckYourLights If you got the camera installed on your hat, let us see it.
Good test for the build in stabilization. Like when people think out of the box.

A little request to the test people. Could you check up follow:

1. Could you verified the microphone can record a conversation with a person (police) with the window half down. Please park next to a busy road, so we get some background noise. Can you understand the conversation on replay?

2. X-Camera should be GPS enable, do you have a third party GPS you could test this out?
If @JooVuu do have any information about the GPS, feel free to comment.

3. Does the date/time stamp work out of the box?

They will be able to be easily set up via iOS/Android devices and online on a webpage shortly, plus downloadable programs will be available shortly afterwards.

4. I also like to see a photo of the car mount and how it look installed in your car.

Good test for the build in stabilization. Like when people think out of the box.

1) Sounds good - I'm sure one of the testers can get this sorted.
2) We are using a third party GPS device, as from our testing it was one of the best.
3) It will NOT. This is because:
a) As testing/assembling etc is done in China if we configured the cameras for date and time, it would be on Chinese time/date, and as we have no idea where we are sending each specific camera to, we cannot pre-configure the cameras.
b) We do not want to do the above, and then an incident happens but the footage looses credibility because date/time are so wrong.
4)The mounts we are providing, are sticky back, suction cup, and mini mount. The mounts we provide may change, we are working on our own custom mount but need money to get this started.
5)The camera does not have a battery installed, but a super capacitor, but I'll help checkyourlights for getting this sorted.

Cheers,
Dan

As testing/assembling etc is done in China if we configured the cameras for date and time, it would be on Chinese time/date, and as we have no idea where we are sending each specific camera to, we cannot pre-configure the cameras.

I understand its only a beta test, but I hope in the finished firmware you can adjust these setting from you phone.

Same here...I installed my Mobius under the brim of my baseball cap and use it as a dashcam. Just in case I get in a road rage I'll have something to show an LEO if things get really dicey.

5)The camera does not have a battery installed, but a super capacitor, but I'll help checkyourlights for getting this sorted.

I'm excited to hear that.
I have had my C4 on my hat for awhile. You can see pictures and short video of it here

I have used both an Anker and Jackery Giant + to keep my C4 going. I am hoping to do the same with this camera. The only problem was that the C4 would go into PC mode when plugged into the battery.
I had to over ride that by connecting to the C4 Wifi and using the app to record. I am hoping the X will not have this problem. I am confident that Dan and the guys will release a great camera.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have had my C4 on my hat for awhile.

I didn't know you got C4. I hope you don't make any hard acceleration or head bagging.;)
I guess the cap video was no help, at least its funny.

Talking of which....
Sorry... stay with me!
Any USB really thin or "wriggly" cables anyone would know off?
Like old cable phone or RD0.4 type, just thin, not to be giving impression of piped up to life support machine when having external battery pack in a pocket and camera either in hand or ... as mentioned earlier on a cap?

I think most USB cables are pretty thick, but looking at a samsung charger i have it dont have to be like that for power/charging a USB device.
The cable on that charger is only 1/3 of a regular USB cable with all the data and so on wires in it too.

But i have never seen a power/charge only USB cable, but it would be nice if they where out there.

If you've not seen them you can get flat USB cables now - not sure if they'd help with hat mounts but may be worth a look?

Nokia & Samsung do have "flat wire" USB chargers.. But I suppose it only feeds two pins.

Some retractable flat USB wires do exist on the market... But I'm not quite confident about bandwidths/power capacity !

Thanks guys, flat cables as ie eBay item 221734176888 seems to be near to what I wish for... but will not order as yet ( not quite, what I would like) as what I want (USB to USB mini (or micro)) to be something like wriggly and thinner in general, with minimal connectors factor too.
As for power handling- I am sure, way thinner cables could handle 5V 2A.

Back