JooVuu X Camera

Voltage sensing circuitry in the cam can do this. A charged car battery doesn't exceed 12.6V alone, and when the car is charging that goes up to around 13.8V, so you may not need to tap power in two places. NOTE that I don't know how the "X" cam is configured; I am only saying that this is possible.

Phil
In my vehicle it's 12.67v vs 14.46v. Thanks.

the USB adapter will take anything from 9v through to about 30v and still give the camera a 5v feed so it would need some sort of custom power supply and may need to take advantage of one of the pins on the 10 pin USB cable to be able to bring this sort of functionality, never say never but it's not a straightforward task

GPS will definitely be supplied. The plan was always to supply it with the camera. The GPS is still being tested but its doing fine. Accuracy is a bit better than some other cameras...start up times are good...and it gives more freedom on the placement of the GPS.

This new camera sounds great and no doubt will be on my short-list when I come to upgrade, but one nice little feature my current GS1000 has is it sets the clock via GPS; which means I don't have to keep correcting it. You probably thought of such an obvious feature already, but I thought I'd mention it as I find it invaluable on an install-and-forget camera.

I just ordered the JooVuuX looks very cool. My first dash cam. Can you explain the wireless function a little. Can you operate the camera remotely across a network, or do you have to be within a certain range. Sorry if this is a dumb ? Thanks

I just ordered the JooVuuX looks very cool. My first dash cam. Can you explain the wireless function a little. Can you operate the camera remotely across a network, or do you have to be within a certain range. Sorry if this is a dumb ? Thanks

Welcome to the club. Right now you can connect via android / iOS via wifi direct, not across the network. I know a PC app is in the works. We'll see what kind of innovation happens depending on what is possible.

Hi Giles,
Welcome to the forum. Your JooVuu X camera sets up it's own Wi fi wireless network so you will need to have your phone or tablet within a few metres of your cam so they can talk to each other and you can change settings etc.

Welcome Giles!
That is the long term plan and something we are actually working on at the moment - however, we're not implementing this before we can walk kind of thing, so we are making sure each step we take is aimed at being reliable. So at the moment it is a simple 'connect' to wifi of the camera (you lose internet but only for the short period you are connected to the camera).

Cheers,

Dan

Are there any plans on a USB-GPS-power-cable to complement the cig outlet power supply cable?
I'm using a 35w, 5 port usb hub in my car from which I connect my devices. And with the larger cig adapter I would need to disconnect everyting else.

What would be best you think?
Removing the cig power supply and solder on a USB connector?
Or opening the GPS module and desolder the input cable and attached a clean USB cable instead?

Are there any plans on a USB-GPS-power-cable to complement the cig outlet power supply cable?
I'm using a 35w, 5 port usb hub in my car from which I connect my devices. And with the larger cig adapter I would need to disconnect everyting else.

Or opening the GPS module and desolder the input cable and attached a clean USB cable instead?

It is something we are looking at.

Ermmm I'm not sure on which I believe is best, probably the USB connector but make sure current, voltage, amp etc do not change - only attempt this if you know what you are doing :)

Dan

I use a 12v to 5v hardwired adaptor with two USB outputs so I will consider connecting a usb lead/plug by either of these methods. :)

Assuming the Cig lighter supplied outputs 5volts?

I was going the mount the "X" yesterday but it wasn't formatting my card when plugged into my laptop or PC. I switched to a power adapter and vioila! Job done. But on looking further I can see no way of doing anything else without something running the IOS app :(

I've got a old LG dumb phone, a laptop with W8.1 and a PC with XP. So how do I access the settings?

Phil

I was going the mount the "X" yesterday but it wasn't formatting my card when plugged into my laptop or PC. I switched to a power adapter and vioila! Job done. But on looking further I can see no way of doing anything else without something running the IOS app :(

computer USB port would be borderline power output I would think, a battery version would probably be ok with it

That may have been the problem, but a 2A power adaptor worked fine.

Now I just need to access the settings with what I've got here.

Phil

That may have been the problem, but a 2A power adaptor worked fine.

Now I just need to access the settings with what I've got here.

Phil

You can do it via Android (LG) or the alpha version of the computer program :)

Cheers,

Dan

There's also an iOS version of the app?

Just joined so thanks for the heads up and it's getting busy in a hurry which was to be expected with the potential of the hardware and more so with the secret windows software/firmware or have I missed an update somewhere o_O

Secret?

Yup...... That's what Dan from JooVoo said and he won't be talking about it anymore until........

I searched this thread but couldn't find any info. The specs on this camera say it offers a webcam mode. Does anyone know if this mode is compatible with linux? Does anyone know if its possible for the camera to power on and automatically enter and stay in this mode? I'm looking to use it as a dashcam, but I want all video to be recorded to an encrypted linux pc in my car, nothing stored on the camera itself. I could use windows if required, its just far less ideal. Thanks for any info!

Back